Devourer is offline Senior Member

horseshoe triceps???

i was wondering if anyone knew what tricep workouts work the skinny part of the tricep that gives you the horseshoe look. the rest of my tricep has some pretty good mass but you can see better definition below my elbow? i think it might be the tendon. the pic shows the piece im talking about circled in red. please help!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails horseshoe triceps???-anatomytricepbig.jpg  

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    Bench dips will bring that out nicely. Feet on one bench hands behind you on the other. You can even have some one put plates on your lap for more resistance.

MrMuscle is offline New Member
    I like glose grip benchpress and kickbacks for that part of the triceps.

cwhid is offline Junior Member
    The best thing Ive found to give your triceps that "horseshoe" look are doing headbangers on the decline bench, but instead of using the e-z curl bar, use the hammer curl bar so your palms face each other. I was very happy with the results when i added this into my workouts.
    Chris

dangit is offline Member
    benche dips work good for me. I get my partner to throw on 4-5 plates and we go as heavy as we can and then keep on taking plates off till we can't do anymore whithout any plates on my lap.

I find that while doing overheads, if you squeeze at the very top, then you'll get that part pretty good too.

I've also been doing cable press downs with tons more weight that I can handle and a v-bar. It basically works like the bench dips, but you don't need a spotter.

Devourer is offline Senior Member
    right now my tri workout consists of:
    4 sets of incline skullcrushers (1 warmup)
    3 sets of overhead extensions
    2 sets of heavy pushdowns
    3 sets of dips

now would you recommend switching to decline skullcrushers?
    keeping the extensions?
    doing the pushdowns behind the back?
    dips between benches?
    and should i add kickbacks?
    i try to keep it around twelve sets.
    would it be a good/bad idea to lower the sets per exercise and add more exercises?

sigrabbit is offline Member
    I tried the decline hammer curl bar today in place of my usual decline barbell and cracked myself in the nose..lol. I have to say that I could not do nearly as much weight with the hammer curl bar. Maybe the weighted dips kicked my ass more than usual.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

i'm convinced i came up w/ the best tri workout

i use it myself and love it.i also have used it w/ all my clients, both men and women, and they are all responding great as well.plus, it's simple and takes about 15 minutes if that.
    all it is is a giant set of three exercises.no rest period obviously except between exercises.the rest period between sets is 2 minutes because i can barely bend my elbows after the 2nd or 3rd set.
    ok,
    4 sets of:
    overhead tricep ext: 8-10 reps
    close grip bench: 8-10 reps
    tricep pressdowns:12-15 reps

sounds simple and stupid, but i'm not gonna stop doing it until i plateu w/ it and even then i may just change a variable or two.like, possibly the order or minimize the rest period down to 45-60 secs

just my .02

scheme00 is offline New Member
    i do pushdowns with the rope. keep ur hands close together and pretend ur breaking a stick. u could do this with a moderate amount of weight for definition

Thread Information