Thread: how much cardio

Jackman is offline Banned

how much cardio

Im 5'7 203 pounds 18 years old around 13% body fat

My question(s) is i can almost see abs so what is the % u see them realy good? How much is to much cardio cause i dont wana burn to much muscle.... how many days/Time/heart rate thanks bros

Jackman is offline Banned
    no one ?????? bump

chamkila is offline Junior Member
    ive been doing cardio 3X a week in the morning on an empty stomach and seen great results, i think 3 -4 times per week is best!

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    How many days depends on how much fat you want to lose and where your diet is at. I like 4-5 times a week, at HR of 60-70% max, and for 35-45 mins.

Pain

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Ah, cardio my favorite. Before you start cardio, i would make sure your diet is picture perfect and you really understand what you are putting into your body. If your diet is flawed, much of your cardio will be for nothing. I think you should go as far as your diet will take you before jumping into cardio. I myself was able to get to ~10% BF with absolutely no cardio and I am a true endomorph, so i think you should probably take another look at your diet.

Once you hit a plateau, i would begin doing empty stomach cardio in the morning. Increase frequency as needed. If you're lucky this will take you as far as you want, if not then you will have to add in multiple cardio sessions into your daily schedule or start doing all your cardio on an incline or both. But see how far the empty stomach cardio takes you first.

And one more thing, i always keep the cardio low intensity, i usually stick with a powerwalk, but you could use a light jog if you wanted.

And for the ab question, you will honestly never know what % you will see them at until you see them. Everyone loses fat in a different order, I see guys with ripped 6-packs yet they still have love handles. I'm around 6-7% BF right now and i still can't see my lower 2 abs at all still. The key thing is to just stay dedicated and it will come.

Thread Information