100%bum is offline New Member

Can't seem to lose weight

I been stuck at 220 for over 10 weeks now.
    I've tried everything, low carb diet, low fat diet, low calorie diet, 6 meals a day, etc etc.
    Low impact cardio, High Impact Cardio, every brand of fat burner/thermogenic you can think of and still stuck at 220.

6'1 was 245 40 inch waist, now 220, 38 inch waist. I'm stuck at its getting very frustrating and expensive (in terms of buying and trying useless products)

HELP before I go Lipo!!!

Thanks

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    maybe you need to try non-otc fat burners like clen or T3...i have never met someone that has not lost 10-15 pounds in 6 weeks by stacking them.

bigguyy is offline New Member
    KYNOSELEN will work amazing!

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    You've made good progress so far... but now I think the most important ingredent is time.

Also, 6'1, 220 isn't exaclty fat... do you hit the iron.... what are you trying to accomplish?

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    what is your exact cardio program and what is your diet?

Diet and cardio kills fat. t3,eca helps but does not do the work.

I have a beer gut that I am trying to lose, I want to slim it down the best I can over the summer. Then I want to change over and maybe put on a little size and definition. I just started hitting the weights again 2 weeks ago. Before that I was doing cardio only 4-5 times a week 30-45 mins at a fast walking pace.

Now I work out in the morning (right after I get off work, grave shift), do cardio for 30 mins after I work out. I do weights 3 days a week and cardio 5 days a week.

My diet is lots of chicken, more chicken and small portions of rice, lots of protein shakes too. I do this because it's the most convienent for me, going to school and working full time doesn't leave much time to cook.

I appreciate the input, hopefully I can achieve my goal.

Thanks
    Last edited by 100%bum; 05-27-2003 at 12:13 AM.

painintheazz is offline Anabolic Member
    What are your total cals for the day?? How many cals is this below your maintance calories?? Are you getting any fat in your diet (healthy fats), you need fat to lose fat.

Pain

I keep my calories under 2200, don't know what you mean by maintenance calories. I either add flax-oil to a shake, have a spoon of peanut or a handful of walnuts, but I keep the fat intake low.

Well your cals are pretty low, your maintance cals are the amount of calories that you neither gain or loss weight at, you just maintain your weight with no fat loss or fat gain. You are getting fats so I know your body isn't in a starvation mode and not letting go of fat. I guess it is time to give your body a break, just maintain your weight or go on a slight lean bulk for 1 month up the cals and do less cardio, then start cutting again. Your body gets used to things quickly and adapts fast, switching it up will probly be your best bet as your metabolism has probably slowed down a lot.

Pain

Whats a good way to speed up your metabolism? Also, I'm afraid to up the calories, I can put on pounds pretty quickly. This week I weight 220, by the end of the week I can be up 224-225, whether that be water weight or whatever, just pretty nerve wrecking when I can put on weight alot faster than I can lose it.
    For some reason I thought it would be easier to lose than to gain weight...

I am the same way, the best way to speed up your metabolism is incorporate cheat meals into your diet, up your carbs. Your metabolism will slow to make up for the lack of calories in your diet you have to trick it and give it a few high calorie meals to get it going again. As long as you keep this day in line you wont notice any fat gains. Dont be scared to up your healthy calories. That is the main problem people platue with weight loss.

Pain

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Some things that might help:

1. Eating every 2.5 to 3 hours will help speed up the metabolism.
    2. Watch your sugar intake
    3. Carbs should be from yams, brown rice, wheat
    4. Fat is good. Without it you can't lose it.... Just make sure it comes from clean sources and not saturated fats
    5. Supplement with CLA and flax seed oil
    6. Get in 1.5 to 2 grams of protein per pound of body weight. You should be around 420 grams per day.
    7. Don't get on the scale.... Use the mirror.... you will drive yourself nuts... how do you know the weight you are putting on isn't muscle. More muscle = faster metabolism.
    8. Don't over train... your body will fight back by putting on fat.

These are just some suggestions. Hope it helps.

Thanks for the tips:

1. I'm working on eating every 2.5 to 3 hours, in the process of trying to find a wrist-watch that vibrates. (a little beeping noise isn't enough to wake me up when I doze off)
    2. What should I keep my sugar intake to?
    3. Wild rice ok? Oatmeal? Spaghetti?
    4. I prefer nuts over flax oil if this is ok.
    5. Answered above
    6. At the moment I get around 220g protein (my weight). It's gonna be tough to up the protein and keep the calories down.
    7. I use the mirror sometimes, and when I do I see the arms and legs toning up but the beer gut still lingers
    8. I dont think I'm over training...

Thanks for the help, I'm hoping time will prove me wrong and the beer gut will be smaller or gone!!!

Thread Information