Thread: Laggin muscles

justo is offline Associate Member
    If someone has laggin muscles, ie. chest or calves would it be suitable to train these muscles 2x per week?
    For example I am bulking and my upper chest is lagging, so how can I go about this with out over training?
    Last edited by justo; 10-16-2013 at 06:39 AM.

largerthannormal is offline Productive Member
    Alot of this when it comes to certain areas genetics have a certain role in development, This is something you will have to take some time to figure on your own. If it was me I would go about a strategy and develop a plan of trial an error until you reach your goal. Some people react well to 1 chest day, I do 2. I have many phases of chest day though. high low and med reps weeks at both incline and flat where the main coarse is dumbbell or barbell I am always switching. Find the exercise that you feel it the most and really keep you mind connected to that part of the muscle. Its hard to think about but concentrate on just picturing that part doing the work. Squeeze it hard and force that blood in. Results should come as long as you are eating

justo is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by largerthannormal
    Alot of this when it comes to certain areas genetics have a certain role in development, This is something you will have to take some time to figure on your own. If it was me I would go about a strategy and develop a plan of trial an error until you reach your goal. Some people react well to 1 chest day, I do 2. I have many phases of chest day though. high low and med reps weeks at both incline and flat where the main coarse is dumbbell or barbell I am always switching. Find the exercise that you feel it the most and really keep you mind connected to that part of the muscle. Its hard to think about but concentrate on just picturing that part doing the work. Squeeze it hard and force that blood in. Results should come as long as you are eating
    Yea I agree with what your saying, I'm just gonna have to try 2 days a week...just not sure how I'm gonna fit it in? I'd have to not have a rest day!?

Would it possible if someone couple lay out a nice routine where I could be hitting my chest twice?

Thanks for the input!

bigsiv is offline Productive Member
    Baselines power/hypertrophy routine allows you to hit the chest twice, great routine if your patient.
    I would personally advise against it if it's gonna mean no rest day. Resting is as important as everything else. Have a read of Marcus diary and how he implements hit training. You won't want to do chest twice a week after implementing his routine

noitangidni is offline New Member
    I find that targeting areas that are "lagging" are better suited with isolation exercises with strict form.

I.E. for your upper chest, Low to High Cable Flys focusing on the range of motion and the squeeze at the top portion of the lift to increase blood flow, fascia stretching, and a fuller look.

I hit my majors twice a week doing upperfront/upperback/leg glutes lowerback/rest/repeat. The only difference is that the first session of the week consists of heavier lifting and the second session focuses on iso's, squeezes, contractions, etc. This allows you to not stress your CNS too much

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    I feel ya man, my chest is lacking in strength compared to other areas, I've been trying the Russian bear routine a guy suggested on here 3x a week and I think it's helping. Sometimes I break off it and go heavy though. Can't help it

Thread Information