nj juice is offline Member

i'm all fucked up!

Not sure which forum to start this thread in so if this seems irrelevant to the forum, sorry. Anyways im hear to ask what i can do to jumpstart my body and get some energy back to go to the gym. Last week i really hurt my back at work on wednesday, i was laid up on the couch for two days; couldnt move. Now after memorial day weekend is over i am starting to develop flu-like symptoms and i really feel like shit; after work i have no desire whatsoever to go workout. As a result of my back and whatever disease i probly caught from some dirty whore down the shore this weekend, i havent worked out in a week. Is there something i can do to get myself back into the swing of things any faster? I'm midway thru my cycle and being off from working out a week has got me feeling like a useless fat slob.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Well if your back is hurt and sick on top of that then it would really be stupid to hit the gym right now. Rest.

nj juice is offline Member
    I know that i should rest, but being inactive just flat out sucks. Am i jeopardizing any of my gains while resting? I'll most likely have to take a couple of steps back at the gym- wieght wise; as being inactive for so long has most likely reduced strength. On top of all that; it really fucks with my head being like this.

BigGreen is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by nj juice
    Am i jeopardizing any of my gains while resting?
    In the short term, yes, in the most superficial of manners. But, more importantly, heading back to the gym now with a high chance of injuring one of the body's more "volatile" areas would do MUCH to jeopardize your long term gains. And I, personally, would rather take a short term hit than risk long term disaster.

Also, the few times I've been injured, I kept my sanity about losing gains by undertaking a "flexing" workout. By simply flexing each muscle group hard and steady in sets of thirty seconds to one minute, I found I was able to get a great pump and a decent workout for being laid up on a couch. Can i physiologically prove it staved off muscle loss during this time? Absolutely not. I can, however, state that it gave me a peace of mind during that time that, without it, I would have cracked.

Thread Information