Mike21 is offline Junior Member

Cool Each muscle 1x a week?

Just curious on how many time you guys work out each muscle a week? I lift each muscle one time a week and am thinking about going 2 times a week just to mix it up. What do you think? a no no? I have been lifting 5 years hard and serious and have always hit each muscle one time a week. My schedule is chest and tri's-SUNDAY, Back-mon, shoulders-tues, Bi's & forearms-wed, and legs-thurs, fri and sat off. Abbs 5 days a week after every work out session. And due to dieting and cutting up im hitting cardio 5 times a week for good old summer time. What do you think?

JohnnyB is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    I do 1x a week, but to change it up 2x would be ok. If your not recovering in time for next workout go back to 1x.

JohnnyB

greatinflate is offline Junior Member
    try this
    day 1 chest shoulders
    day 2 back legs
    day 3 arms
    day 4 chest shoulders
    day 5 back legs
    abs/cardio rotate daily
    stick to basics choose a few exercises for each body part, thats it! i typically do 1 bp a day but whenever i mix it up(about once every 3 months or so) i do this.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer

Re: Each muscle 1x a week?

Originally posted by Mike21
    Just curious on how many time you guys work out each muscle a week? I lift each muscle one time a week and am thinking about going 2 times a week just to mix it up. What do you think? a no no? I have been lifting 5 years hard and serious and have always hit each muscle one time a week. My schedule is chest and tri's-SUNDAY, Back-mon, shoulders-tues, Bi's & forearms-wed, and legs-thurs, fri and sat off. Abbs 5 days a week after every work out session. And due to dieting and cutting up im hitting cardio 5 times a week for good old summer time. What do you think?
    You have to keep experimenting to see what works best for you. I hit every muscle every 5 days and I'm fine with that. But I do switch it up every few months to give me a break and to shock my muscles.

NeedPaintoGain is offline Junior Member
    it all depends on how hard you trained. If you thrash your body in a workout, you're better off doing it once a week cause you gotta recover. if you lift at a moderate intensity, you should be able to recover enough to lift 2x a week. This may not be for everyone, as said above, try it out and see how your body reacts. Always listen to your body, if you're still sore by the next workout, your not giving it enough time to rest.

daVinci is offline New Member
    It would seem to me that doing abs everyday in the gym would seem to be a little overkill. Give the boys a little break at least one day in there (weekends aside). Also, if you do end up changing to two muscle groups per day, your workout ends up not only covering 2 muscle groups, but then your abs and then a long bout of cardio. Sure, you may lose weight, but your muscles would certainly be in a catabolic state by the end of the workout.

Thread Information