RockyX is offline Senior Member

My workout and cardio exercise question

Hey guys, first off I wanted to know if any of you know a cardio exercise I could do other than running outside??? I don't have a treadmill or a stationary bike so I was just wondering if there was anything I could do. Also I wanted you to take a look at my workout and see what you think.

-MONDAY-

3 sets Barbell Incline (10,8,8)
    4 sets Dumbell bench (10,10,10)
    3 sets tricep extensions (10,10,10)
    2 sets flys (8,8)
    2 sets donkey kicks (10,10)
    3 sets weighted inclined sit-ups (12,12,12)

-TUESDAY-

4 sets lunges (10,10,10,10)
    3 sets calf raises (12,12,12)
    *Need help as I do not have much leg equipment available to me now*

-WEDNESDAY-

3 sets lower ab exercises

-THURSDAY-

3 sets body armor (not sure what is called but consists of 10 reps of 5 different exercises)

3 sets military presses (10,8,8)

2 sets concentrated shoulder press ups (10,10,10)

-FRIDAY-

3 sets straight leg deadlift (10,10,10)
    3 sets bent over barbell rows (10,10,10)
    3 sets lawn-mower pulls
    4 sets concentrated curls

bump

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i'd do the chest exercises before i work the tri's dont wanna burn yourself out. i never heard of donkey kicks, unless you talking about kickbacks.leg day you can add squats in there.
    its hard to asess your workout brotha, i dont know what body armor is.
    what does it consist of? and what are concentration shoulder press ups
    and lawn mower pulls

Yeah kinda figured ppl wouldn't understand, some of it I don't know that actual terminology for it so I just put what I call it. Yes the donkey kicks are kick backs (one of my coaches got me hooked on calling them donkey kicks,sorry). Ok, and for body armor I pick up the 10 lb. plates (one in each hand) then do 10 lateral raises...then 10 raises infront to eye level, then crouch over 10 more lateral raises...stand up and pull them to my chin 10 times...and kind of a curl and vertical raise 10 times and that is one set. Weak at first but works every muscle in the shoulders and you can feel the burn. And my mind went blank but the "concentration shoulder press ups" are just vertical shoulder presses.

i wouldnt bother with the donkey kicks, cause when your working your chest that particular part of the tri is involved greatly.
    ur chest routine looks good, only thing i'd suggest is to switch work the chest first then move on the tri's.you can switch the donkey kicks with other exercise, its up to you. i think that body armor routine is more of an conditioning workout than anything else.i'd break em up and hit em with sets.like i said about leg day try throwing squats in there, i dont know what kind of equipment you have access to but if you got a barbell and db's thats all you really need.what are lawn mower pulls?
    for cardio tranining.theres not much else to suggest, which uses little or no equipment. you can skip rope, but that might be a little too intense.
    you can attempt intervals if your just bored of the long jogs

Thanks alot man you've been a lot of help...and the lawn mower pulls....I thought everyone called them that lol....it's a lat exercise...you know where you have a dumbell and you are resting one knee on the bench machine. You're hunched over and pulling the weight up like you're starting a lawn mower...heheh forget the real name but used ta know

nice creative names though
    only thing i'd say about the last workout day would be do widegrip pull ups instead of those lawn mower pulls, since you already have the meat and potatoes of a back workout with deads and barbell rows.thats the only thing i suggest, your workout looks good brotha.
    good luck with everything
    take care

Thread Information