Slypknot is offline Member

Extreme quad cramping...

I've never been a big advocate of 'leg day'...it's usually the workout routine that ends with me ready to throw up, light headed and walking like I was just ass raped.

Anywhooo...the past few leg days have ended with some odd results. My quads are cramping, and I mean BADLY - to the point that they feel like they are completely on fire. I stretch and it just feels worse...I end up having to sit for a few minutes until the pain goes away. Once I'm done I hop on the treadmill for my normal 30min run....the pain goes away after about 4mins of speed walking.

Any clues? It's the only muscle doing this - my glutes are fine, calves, etc...just my quads. It just started 2 weeks ago, but my diet/water intake haven't really changed that much so I'm outta answers.

Thanks for your help bros!

Yung Wun is offline Member
    are you using any supplements?
    try eating some bananas for the potassium

popa is offline Senior Member
    Originally posted by Yung Wun
    are you using any supplements?
    try eating some bananas for the potassium
    ya some say potassium, sodium, or even not enough water, do just hop off the tread mill when your done or do you lowwer the speed to cool down.

H BOMB is offline Senior Member
    are you on clen ?

Currently clean, not even running an ECA. I take megaman vits, magnesium caps, muscle milk, and try to eat 5 times a day (small meals with rice, chicken, veggies). Water intake fluctuates between 1-1.5 gallons a day.

So perhaps it's a potassium issue...I know it's in my multi-vit's but perhaps I should pick some up separately.

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    heck yah eat dem bananers i eat 2 a day and never get cramps it looks like you get plenty of water so id say that is it

Amazing how one can take sooooooooooooo many suppliments and overlook the one that without it they suffer.

Thanks for the feedback everyone - banana time!

Maytag is offline Junior Member
    pickel juice also does a really good job at getting rid of muscle cramps

BigBad is offline Banned
    Agree w/everyone on the potassium issue and pickel juice does work but, it could just be you getting used to a new environment (heck, you only started 2 wks ago). -BB

Originally posted by BigBad
    Agree w/everyone on the potassium issue and pickel juice does work but, it could just be you getting used to a new environment (heck, you only started 2 wks ago). -BB
    Wish that were the case - if this was a new routine I wouldn't have worried as much...but this is the same one I've run throughout my cycle/recovery time - not much has changed, if anything I've been less intense during training because of clomid therapy and slowing down after cycle.... I guess we'll see tmrw cause it's leg day once again! I'm gonna try the pickle juice idea...Yumbo!

Thread Information