Thread: stress fracture

Angry stress fracture

from 2 months i was jogging and i have this terrible unbearble pain in my tibia so my friends lifted me and i went to the doctor i made a scanner photo and the doc tell me i have 2 stress fracture in my leg he prescribe me nsaid to combat the infalamatory and he told me to rest,now my leg is healed about 80% but i still have pain when i walk and i cant walk correctly (i walk like a pirate with 1 leg) so any 1 of u have this f*king problem and how mush time it took to heal and what supplement did u take i am taking calcium+vitamin D now but i need it to heal fast coz i need to squat so bad

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    I got them my senior year in football, I had gained 20 lbs over the summer and I did not do a whole lot of running before I started the season. I was also running on hard surfaces with cleets, grounds for shin splints, the shin splints seemed to get worse and worse, I took more advil to mask the pain, because I thought they were just shin splints, finally the pain was unbearable, it felt like someone was sticking knives in between the tibia and fibia bones. I was diagnosed with having stress fractures in both shins, both the tibia and fibia. The doctor put me on cruches, but I did not want to use those F---in things. I did not run for a year afterwards and they seemed to get better, I started to jog a few years later, and I felt them come back on, so I layed off on the jogging. There are lots of other forms of cardio you can do that will not irratate your shins, you can try jogging if you want, but I would reccomend jogging on soft surfaces, sand ect. Get some air soled shoes, you may have to pay a lot but its worth it, limit you jogging times. What I would suggest for right now is getting on a bike or stationary and doing your cardio on that, you need to let those things heal up. Take an anti-inflamatory, in the mornings, use heat before your workout and put ice on them afterwards, try ice three times a day. You may want to go to a PT or Chiropractor and have him ultrasound the area to cut down the scar tissue and the inflamtion, he will probably break down the scar tissue by hand, to warn you it hurts like hell if your still hurting, good luck.

Originally posted by Brian1200
    I got them my senior year in football, I had gained 20 lbs over the summer and I did not do a whole lot of running before I started the season. I was also running on hard surfaces with cleets, grounds for shin splints, the shin splints seemed to get worse and worse, I took more advil to mask the pain, because I thought they were just shin splints, finally the pain was unbearable, it felt like someone was sticking knives in between the tibia and fibia bones. I was diagnosed with having stress fractures in both shins, both the tibia and fibia. The doctor put me on cruches, but I did not want to use those F---in things. I did not run for a year afterwards and they seemed to get better, I started to jog a few years later, and I felt them come back on, so I layed off on the jogging. There are lots of other forms of cardio you can do that will not irratate your shins, you can try jogging if you want, but I would reccomend jogging on soft surfaces, sand ect. Get some air soled shoes, you may have to pay a lot but its worth it, limit you jogging times. What I would suggest for right now is getting on a bike or stationary and doing your cardio on that, you need to let those things heal up. Take an anti-inflamatory, in the mornings, use heat before your workout and put ice on them afterwards, try ice three times a day. You may want to go to a PT or Chiropractor and have him ultrasound the area to cut down the scar tissue and the inflamtion, he will probably break down the scar tissue by hand, to warn you it hurts like hell if your still hurting, good luck.
    man i dont care about getting back to jogging,fook it i can use stationary bike or just walk ,i only want to walk and do ligh squats thats beside how mush time it took u to get a normal walk

Brian1200 is offline Junior Member
    It seemed like it took a couple of months before the pain subsided enough before I could get back to normal. Your going to have to swallow your pride and let these things heal up. I forgot to mention also when they start to get better make sure and stretch them---a whole lot, the calf muscle and the front of the shin, make sure and do lots of calf exercises and do some exercises to work the the tibia and fibia muscles, so you don't have to worry about this problem again. I had major back surgery Feb of this year, I know what is like to swallow your pride, I am limited what I can do for exercises, I sure as hell cannot squat, it will probably be four more months, I used to be a 575 plus squater, but I know I will be able to do it someday, it just takes time, in the meantime, find some exercises to do that will not irritate it, the more you irritate them, the more time it will take to heal them, don't beat yourself up, take it easy.

i know i will not be able to hit 425lbs squat i know i cant do more than 120lbs so thats why i will hit the german volum training when they heal

Thread Information