stan66 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Injury: How long to take off?? Or do I just go at it with less intensity??

I have had a re-occuring left wrist "strain" recently. I have to think it is tendon related since it comes and goes depending on how much the wrist is used on off days, and how much weight is used on on days...

Also, I have just started to get MAJOR aching in my left elbow whcih I believe to be also tendon related.....

(I am pretty much a wreck!! )

Any opinions on if I should be taking it easy or taking time off??

I recently took off a week for a muscle pull in my neck/trap area....
    and was hoping that would help with the wrist.
    Nope, and now I have to deal with the elbow pain to boot...

Soooooooo,
    Do I continue to work out as frequently??? Do I take time off??? How long?? If I push through and keep training, should I drop the imtensity, and if so how much???

Sorry for all the questions, but this is really the first time I have had to adjust my training at all due to injury.

Thanks in advance,
    Stan

BIG BRUJO is offline Junior Member
    imo you should take about another week off for those muscle, i suffered an elbow injury and it was the worst, i could even do a tricep extension with a 10lb db, i would recommend using some icy hot or other products of that sort and vitamins & minerals which should help repair those tendons (glutamine etc..) also u might want to look into some wrist wraps and an elbow brace for the mean time, i know what you mean about being a wreck ive been thier plenty of times as so have all of us who work out...as for you work out try to drop the amount of weight if you continue to experience those pains and look into alternatives in your routine,

Thread Information