Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cody95

Thread: working out at night

hammerr is offline New Member

working out at night

hey guys so i will be starting my second cycle soon, however now that I have a full time job only time I can manage to go to the gym is at night time.

therefore I will only have time to have one shake and one meal before going to sleep.

will going to the gym at night, having one meal, and then not eating for 6 hrs while sleeping have a negative effect on gains for a hard gainer?
    Last edited by hammerr; 08-16-2014 at 01:37 PM.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    eat liquid egg white before bed. pure protein, natures best source, and burns for roughly 4 to 6 hours.

bigsjunk is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    eat liquid egg white before bed. pure protein, natures best source, and burns for roughly 4 to 6 hours.
    ↑ what he said.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You can also mix up a protein drink and put it in the fridge when you go to bed. If you get up for any reason at night just stop by the fridge and drink some of it. That'll help and you won't be so hungry when you get up in the morning.

I've heard some set their alarm so they can get up at night to eat but I'm not going to voluntarily interrupt my sleep for anything.

RangerDanger830 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    You can also mix up a protein drink and put it in the fridge when you go to bed. If you get up for any reason at night just stop by the fridge and drink some of it. That'll help and you won't be so hungry when you get up in the morning.

I've heard some set their alarm so they can get up at night to eat but I'm not going to voluntarily interrupt my sleep for anything.
    I do this because I always wake up in the middle of the night to go pee so I just mix a shake and set it on the shelf above my toilet.

SEOINAGE is offline Anabolic Member
    First off, please stop using the term Hard gainer. If you are getting adequate calories throughout the entire day it shouldn't be an issue at all.

Edit: I do all of my training in the evening, and for a long time now have only had a shake post training and that is it. I used to train right after work and I had plenty of time to pack in the calories post training, but right now with my schedule I need to eat when i get off work, and it still works fine.

cc5501 is offline Junior Member
    I am not on AAS (yet), but I have been training at night for a few years. For me, I try to load up on protein and some carbs earlier in the day and then stop a few hours before training (otherwise I'm too full). After the gym have a light but high-protein meal has worked well for me.

I have run into a couple of the things. I sometimes have trouble getting to sleep because I am worked up from working out and/or taking a nighttime shower. Sometimes it's hard to eat because it's just late. I have missed my kids' bedtime, sometimes which I've changed.

If I could, I'd work out at like 2 PM every day.

Good luck man.

kronik420 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hammerr View Post
    hey guys so i will be starting my second cycle soon, however now that I have a full time job only time I can manage to go to the gym is at night time.

therefore I will only have time to have one shake and one meal before going to sleep.

will going to the gym at night, having one meal, and then not eating for 6 hrs while sleeping have a negative effect on gains for a hard gainer?
    why only 1 meal before bed?

hammerr is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kronik420 View Post
    why only 1 meal before bed?
    Because I won't have time for anymore meals.. By the time I leave the gym and come home it's around 11.. I have to cook food and sleep right away to get enough rest to wake up for 6am

I'm gonna keep this schedule for now, hopefully it doesn't limit my growth

pushit_05 is offline Junior Member
    Don't over think things. If you eat enough day to day week to week you will grow. Meal timing really doesn't make that big of a difference.

Cody95 is offline Member
    Doesn't matter when you eat as'long as you hit all your macros for the day.
    Khazima likes this.

Thread Information