Pantelis1001 is offline Junior Member

Frequent Muscle Pulls

Hello Guys,

I would like your opinion about frequent muscle pulls.
    In automn-winter-spring season i play soccer and lift a little. In summer usualy i run less and lift more. I do that for many many years. I am 34.

This year when i started preseason training everything was ok, i was feeling strong i was bulding endurance and speed.

In my first game, around 30` minute i pull the hamstring. I take some days of, i then started training again, everything ok.

In the next game i pull the left adductor. Off the game in the 15` minute, sime days off, everything ok.

I take a week off the games and i continue to work out. I now have to say that my daily workout routine is:
    10` warm up
    10` ball control in high intensity
    10` sprints
    10` upper body strenght
    10` yoga stretching
    As you can see is a complete and variable exercise program.

In the start of the pre game week, my first training went ok, second ok, in the third i pull the right aductor!!!!
    GRRRRRRRRRRR

And i ask you pls!!
    What is happening to me?
    Maybe i miss magnesium or something else?
    What should i do guys?

Thx in Advance
    Pantelis

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Are you drinking enough water for your activity level? If you are lifting weights and adding in a decent amount of leg work then you have to allow the muscles to heal. Are you using good form in your exercises such as full range of motion?

Pantelis1001 is offline Junior Member
    I believe that i drink plenty of water. I will be more careful with that. My leg training contains lunges, jumping lunges and squats. I think i will change the lunges with some side lunges and the squat with the sumo squat to strenght the adductors.

Thread Information