• 6 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By Testie
  • 2 Post By s1nc1ty
  • 1 Post By Cuz

Thread: No as strict form on bulk

Testie is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

No as strict form on bulk

So I have been a form natzi most of my adult life, slow controlled movements always concentrating on a flex or contraction, however after watching several pros deviate from strict form I have been trying this out on some of my heavier sets. To my amazement I seem to be growing again. Has anyone else utilized some of this style and got results as well?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    When you deviate somewhat from the same form you've been consistent with for a long time, you engage auxiliary muscles to a different degree, but more importantly, if you are slightly.... slightly looser with your form you can overload your muscles more.

It's a technique people are best to use sparingly, you never want to get overly sloppy with your form. Just use it on a select one or two exercises and for limited period of time.

The worst thing you see is people that just get sloppy with their form on exercises and never revert back to proper form.
    Last edited by almostgone; 10-27-2022 at 08:42 AM.
    Booz, Cylon357, Testie and 3 others like this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    When you deviate somewhat from the same form you've been consistent with for a long time, you engage auxiliary muscles to a different degree, but more importantly, if you are slightly.... slightly looser with your form you can overload your muscles more.

It's a technique people are best to use sparingly, you never want to get overly sloppy with your form. Just use it on a select one or two exercises and for limited period of time.

The worst thing you see is people that just get sloppy with their form on exercises and never revert back to proper form.
    I agree on sloppy form as far as the worst thing you can see, I often resist a coaching moment when I see this in the gym, especially the swinging curls or the hip thrusts, however I will say there are quite a few ifbb pros who use less regimented form, I’m not sure if it’s a size and limited mobility issue or it’s just hey I have freaky genetics and whatever I do works, I have been a little looser on some things a few reps or sets here and there for the last 3 weeks and it seems to be stimulating some new growth which doesn’t happen for me very often or as much as it used to
    Cuz likes this.

s1nc1ty is offline Member
    Barbell cheat curls with slowed negative is a good one for that
    Testie and wellshii like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by s1nc1ty View Post
    Barbell cheat curls with slowed negative is a good one for that
    That’s actually been one of the moves I’m doing, still fairly strict by most standards but just a little extra to finish the contractions

Cuz
    Cuz is online now VET
    Quote Originally Posted by Testie View Post
    I agree on sloppy form as far as the worst thing you can see, I often resist a coaching moment when I see this in the gym, especially the swinging curls or the hip thrusts, however I will say there are quite a few ifbb pros who use less regimented form, I’m not sure if it’s a size and limited mobility issue or it’s just hey I have freaky genetics and whatever I do works, I have been a little looser on some things a few reps or sets here and there for the last 3 weeks and it seems to be stimulating some new growth which doesn’t happen for me very often or as much as it used to
    Aint that the truth!
    Testie likes this.

Thread Information