jamie is offline New Member

3 Week Workout Schedule

Sat. Cardio, chest, biceps- 5 sets of 10 reps each, one exercise per body part. cardio is 30min.
    Sun. Cardio, back, triceps, shoulders 5 sets of 10 reps each, one exercise per body part.
    mon. forearms, neck
    tuesday: 2 exercises for chest, biceps/ abs-25 down to 15
    Wed: 30 cardio/ calves
    Thursday: 2 exercise for back, triceps, shoulders/ abs-20 down to 15
    friday: off
    Saturday: legs, calves
    Sunday: cardio, calves
    Monday: chest, biceps 4 exercises per body part 5 sets of 10 reps each
    Tuesday: cardio, abs, calves
    Wed: back, shoulders 4 exercises
    Thursday: cardio, abs, calves
    friday: Triceps 4 exercises
    Saturday off
    Sunday legs, calves
    Mon: off
    Tuesday: one body part 5 exercises for that body part 5 sets of 6-8 reps, cardio after lifting 15 min.
    Wed: one body part, abs 30 down to 20
    Thursday: one body part, cardio 15 minutes
    friday: off
    Saturday: two upper body exercises, biceps and triceps, 4 exercises per body part 5 set 6 reps.
    Sunday: legs- warm up with 10 minutes of bike, 4 sets of 10 reps leg exstensions, squat 5 sets 6-8 reps, leg presses 4 sets of 10 reps, hamstring curls 4 sets of 10 reps, 3 sets of lungs on smith machine until failure each set. then after that 2 leg exstentions until failure.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    i'm no workout guru and i'll be the first to admit it (but not face to face....), but what made you choose or write up something like this ??? just curious.

appears as if you'll be in the gym for about 25 minutes each day. ??

I have seen your postings and it seems like you know what you talking about so your post kind of threw me off a bit. I see all types of postings on this web site from the stupidest to the intelligent ones. This is an open forum and everyone post pretty much what they want so that is what I did. I made it its on thread so unless you are interested in it you wouldn't have to look at it. I would say it is pretty long, but I have seen this size thread before and their workouts to see what people think. I only do workouts for three weeks and then change it. This type of schedule is probably not for anyone on AS since it is for all around fitness and not trying to gain 20 to 30lbs in a month. When I wrestled at Penn State we only trained 30min every other day, but since most wrestler in division 1 have good muscle development we only did one exercise per body part a day. I wont make anymore threads this long if it is a site problem, but it was its on thread and you weren't forced to click on it.

redrock is offline Member
    I don't think there is a problem with the thread length, the post itself might be a little confusing. What are your goals? I don't want to talk down to you, because I don't know your fitness background, but working a major muscle group more than twice a week is going to be catabolic. Abs, calves, forearms are different.

People who are going for "all around fitness" still lift like regular bodybuilders, they just do so with less weight and they incorporate lots of cardio, stretching and what not in their program. REDROCK

P.S. Even on AAS, it's pretty tough to gain 20-30lbs. in a month.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    If you're looking for something overall, try this bro instead...

Day 1 - Chest/Back
    Day 2 - Cardio
    Day 3 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 4 - Rest
    Day 5 - Legs/Traps
    Day 6 - Cardio
    Day 7 - Rest

3 exercises of 3 sets of 15,12,8 reps per bodypart

OR if you hate doing cardio, make this into a circuit moving from one body part to the next with little or preferably no rest and you'll find your workouts will be between 30-40 mins TOPS and you'll get a great cardiovascular workout also...

Day 1 - Chest/Back
    Day 2 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 3 - Legs/Traps
    Day 4 - Chest/Back
    Day 5 - Shoulders/Arms
    Day 6 - Legs/Traps
    Day 7 - REST

2 exercises of 4 sets of 15,12,8,6 reps per bodypart
    Last edited by RoNNy THe BuLL; 06-19-2003 at 09:08 AM.

Thanks Redrock and Ronny for the advice. This three week workout has worked in the past for me. The advice you have both said I did know already and I have done and will be doing in the future. But all the advice I can get I appreciate since it can sometimes take one little missing piece of information to get the gains you want. I have gained 6 pounds in three weeks naturally doing this and I don't take any protein or creatine. I eat three meals a day and I am 205. I bench 340 or 5sets of 10 at 225 and squat 450.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Break down your diet in terms of grams of protein/carb/fats so we can get a better understanding of your workout plan? Sounds very interesting and with a little more detail in regards to diet, may be something people may try out for themselves.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    I'm sorry, but did I say something wrong earlier ??? It appears as if jamie came at me with a little attitude in his next post ?? What gives ?? I was seriously just curious about why he chose this type of workout - something wrong with that ??

It's just how I write keymastur. I have no problem with questions, or constructive criticism. I thought I did something wrong with the thread and seems like you have been part of this site for a while so I thought I made a newbee mistake. I apologize for coming off blunt. I am constantly reworking my schedule keymastur. I picked this workout because I have tweeked my workouts so many times in the past years, this was just something new I thought up and tried it. It worked for me, but Ronny and Redrock suggestions made me do some research. Catabolism is something you don't want happening in your body as a serious lifter. Over doing body parts and not having the proper nutrients can lead to a catabolic state in the muscle. Glutamine and Amino Acids before, during, and after lifting can stop the break down of the muscle. The crazy thing is, for me not being on a strict diet, no glutamine, amino acids, or protein drink and still gaining muscle should scientificly not be happening. I eat only 2,200 calories a day and take in a multi-vitamin, 2000mg of fish body oil, and 2000mg of Ester-C. I should be taking in 4000 calories and atleast 300 grams a protein a day to either sustain muscle mass or increase muscle mass. I am only taking in 2,200 calories and probably 100grams of protein a day and I have gained 6lbs in 3 weeks. If at anytime I see a decrease in my strength I take a couple of days off and just eat and rethink my workout. For me the 2 week workout schedule was right on, but there is a chance(backed by scientific evidence) that it may cause catabolism and what your looking for is metabolism and anabolism states in the body.

Thread Information