BigD is offline Associate Member

Post Blast Your Triceps with "Dirty Thirties"

Here’s a quick triceps routine called "Dirty Thirties" that’s guaranteed to blast your arms to new heights.

You begin by laying on your back on a flat bench. Have your training partner hand you a loaded curl bar. You’re going to do 10 reps of each of the following without any break. So altogether you’ll be doing 3 movements x 10 reps each which equals 1 set of 30.

Here’s the details:

* Lying Triceps Extensions. These are also sometimes called Skull Crushers or French Curls. Grab the bar with your hands about a foot apart, palms facing up. With your elbows steady, lower the bar to your head in a controlled manner. Push the bar back up concentrating on keeping your elbows and upper arms in a fixed position—just your hands and lower arms move.
    * EZ-Bar Triceps Pullovers. For EZ-Bar pullovers start in the same position as Lying Triceps Extensions (lying on a flat bench with arms straight up and a close grip).

Now, instead of bending the elbows and lowering to the nose or forehead, lower your arms by bringing the bar to your chest—as if you were doing a Close-Grip Bench Press.

From there, instead of pressing straight up, bring your arms back and over your head, keeping your hands close to your face on the way by. Extend arms back and over your head as far as you comfortably can.

Keeping your arms looked in an elbows slightly bent position, pull the bar back to your chest then extend your arms, as if you were finishing a Bench Press. That’s one rep.

It takes a while to get the hang of the movement, so do a couple warm ups with light weights, but once you hit the grove this really packs on the triceps mass.

* Narrow Grip Chest Press. If you began your set with this movement, the weight you’re using would feel light, but after doing 20 straight, solid reps with the other 2 exercises, even this light weight Close-Grip Press will really pump your triceps.

Hit the mid-chest and blast straight up. Be sure to keep your elbows in close to your body. It’s a simple but effective movement: basically you want to use a narrow grip to help isolate your triceps, keep your elbows in, and use a slow controlled decent on the negative.

Try doing 2-3 sets of "Dirty Thirties" if you’re up to it. Or you can do just one killer set as a great way to finish off your triceps training. If your triceps aren’t about to explode right through your skin by the end of the set, you need more weight!

MikeW is offline Associate Member
    I dont understand the second movement. Can you please explain again?

Harp is offline Junior Member
    I've done this workout in the past. Love It!!!

Im bumping this one as I would really like to have excesize No:2 explained!

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Mike, basically it's somewhat of a close grip bench press by using the EZ curl bar. The only extra movement that's added in there is when you've go the bar next to your chest, keep your elbows locked, and take the bar over your head. This extra movement to me seems somewhat unnecessary. Since you're keeping the elbows in a locked position, the triceps aren't really under any strain. It's would seem like it would be more for the back because it's basically the same as a stright bar pull down. Damn we need some pictures here.
    Last edited by KeyMastur; 06-23-2003 at 11:41 AM.

Go about half way down this page to the Bent Arm Pullovers section it has start and finish pics.

http://nhomag.com/02_v4_n1_6.asp

Here is another explination.

2. Focused Triceps Pullovers - This exercise is a mass builder for the long or inner head of the triceps. To start, position a barbell on the floor at the head end of a bench. Lie down and reach overhead to grip the bar with your thumbs five to eight inches apart. For the initial position, lift the weight just off the floor. Exhale as you slowly lift the weight to a position just above your lower chest.

Your elbows should travel in parallel arcs just outside your rib cage. Concentrate on keeping your upper and lower arms at constant angles. The elbows should not bend during the motion. Pause at the top of the motion to fully contract the triceps. Inhale as you gradually lower the weight to the initial position.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    No offense to you BigD, but the second extra movement really doesn't work the triceps. The close grip press with the EZ curl bar directly after skull krusher's is a bitch and a great burn, but don't really see the necessity for the extra movement in the pullover

None taken this was just an article i found that I thought some might find useful.

Depending on where you look that same exercise is listed for back, triceps, and chest.

Thanks for the replys bro´s!

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    Wow man I just tried this workout today, it blasted my triceps , one of the best workouts I've actually had with my triceps.

Thanks for sharing.

majorpecs is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    Originally posted by AndroholiK
    Wow man I just tried this workout today, it blasted my triceps , one of the best workouts I've actually had with my triceps.

Thanks for sharing.
    Sweeet...i've been concentrating on my tri's...i'm gonna give this one a shot!!

Thread Information