LAGMuXle is offline Member

Workout Program - Opinions Brothas!

It's original name is the BFS program - Bigger Faster Stronger. It's mainly designed to gain weight and speed for football... goes something like this:

Monday - Bench/Squat + 2 sets x 10 of Leg Extn. and Leg Curls

Wednesday - Deadlift/Clean + 2 sets x 10 bis/tris

Friday - Box Squat/Towel Bench + 2 sets x 10 Leg Extn. and Leg Curls

The reps/sets go as follows:

1st week - 3 sets of 3
    2nd week - 5 sets of 5
    3rd week - 4 sets of 4
    4th week - 5 sets - 5 reps, 4 reps, 3 reps, 2 reps, 1 reps (not a max)

All with as much weight as possible.

Schedual keeps repeating itself every 4 weeks.

I added a few things to the following:

Monday - 20 Mins Cardio in the AM on empty Stomach. Bench/Squat + 2 sets x 10 of Leg Extn. and Leg Curls. Shoulder Press, side raises, shrugs. Same reps/sets as Bench/Squat.

Tuesday - 20 Mins Cardio in the AM on empty Stomach, agility excersizes.

Wednesday - 20 Mins Cardio in the AM on empty Stomach. Deadlift/Clean + 2 sets x 10 bis/tris

Thursday - 20 Mins Cardio in the AM on empty Stomach, agility excersizes.

Friday - 20 Mins Cardio in the AM on empty stomach Box Squat/Towel Bench + 2 sets x 10 Leg Extn. and Leg Curls. Lat pull downs, 2 sets x 10 Rows.

Sat & Sun off.

Diet As Follows:

Meals at 7:30, 10:30, 1:30, 4:30, 7:30, 10:30.
    Calorie intake: between 5000 and 6000 per day
    Prot intake: between 175 and 225 grams per day
    Carb intake: Whatever comes along with the foods that supply that many calories.

Avoid Fats and sugars. Sleep 8 hours a night. Work during the day. Workouts will be around anywhere between 7:30 and 9:00 a.m.
    Maintain no drugs no alcohol intake, except for the "occasional" beer, literaly meaning an occasion must be occurring

My Stats as of now are:

6'2"
    190lbs
    16% bf

Hoping to be around: 6'2" 225 12% bf, with a cycle attached to this lifting schedual.

I know it's not a bodybuilding program, but it's mainly for football. I figure if I do some mass gaining first, then start working on a bodybuilding program with a cutting cycle in the future. That would be my best bet. Not sure on the cycle to do with this program just yet. Still working on that.

But anyways what do you guys think? I'm sure it could use a little work here and there. But this is just a start, didn't spend much time on coming up with this yet.

Thanks bros.

MuX

Come on now guys, there must be someone out there with some words of advice.

Bump... anyone?

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Looks good to me, man... Just train to FAILURE... Big weight means big muscles. I wish you luck to get up to 225. I went from 140 to 185 in 2 years and I am friggin stuck!!! I hope this mag-10/Grotropin cycle does the trick. I wish i was 225..

heh, I wish I was 225 as well. I"ll post stats once I get going with cycle and lift program. I'm starting the program up monday, and will start my cycle in a couple weeks. I'm still deciding on one.

Thanks for the post

MuX

Originally posted by Peter North
    i did the BFS program a few years back and personally didnt care too much for it, however, a friend of mine swears by it. i think it may come to personal preference. try it out for a while, it seems to be more geared to the strength searching athlete and not a bodybuilding routine. BTW up the <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> intake more on your proposed diet. if you are planning to take in 6000 calories and only 200 from <a href="http://www.allsportsnutrition.com/listproducts.php?style=category&value=PROTEIN" target="_blank">protein</a> then prepare to pack on the lbs, of FAT because the majority of your kcals will have to come from fat or carbs. PN
    Thanks bro

Thread Information