Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    daVinci is offline New Member

The REAL Gym Rules You'd Like To See

Well, we all have seen the little "Gym Rules" signs at all our local gyms, and we can all pretty much agree that they are almost always ignored (you know who you are, Mr. Carhardtt boots wearer, the non-water bottle only drinker, the screamer, the swearer, the sweaty bastard who leaves stains on all the equipment). Anyways, I just wanted to throw the question out to all you bros: I'm curious as to what you would like to see included as some of the rules at your local gyms? (and possible penalties for not following them)

chevy44 is offline Member
    spandex are a privelege not a right!

lloyd_cannon is offline Associate Member
    no gay ass bluejeans that pisses me off you cant lifft in blue jeans.

id say public flogging with cane pole. then ass raping by horny sex deprived bull with pictures of it posted in the town hall that would be great and teach those fag freshmen argghghhghghg <-- notice agression directed at under classmen

LORDBLiTZ Guest
    No throwing bumbbells!! People who just throw the dumbbells after their set.I hate bent dumbbells

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by LORDBLiTZ
    No throwing bumbbells!! People who just throw the dumbbells after their set.I hate bent dumbbells
    i agree, but i think if you are using over 100lb dbells that throwing them or letting them clank is alright since they aren't exactly light like the dbells most people throw down...its the kids or guys who think they are hot shit throwing the 50s down after a set that piss me off.

i hate the guys who steal your equipment when you turn your head for 15 seconds.

i had just set up and done one set of incline dumbbell presses with some heavy weight (115s) and i go to get a trainer to spot me for my next set.

this guy, clearly seeing the heavy weight next to the incline bench and knowing i was on it, steals the bench and starts doing incline bench himself. what the hell?

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    i cant stand the guys who carry on conversations with someone on the other side of the gym, and who are screaming an contiuously talking and laughing while im trying to concentrate on my set

Flynman is offline Associate Member
    How about the guys who think the leg press machine is a beach chair for them to sit on while they bullshit with the girls.
    Penalty: Tie his penis to the sled ,load it with plates and then kick out the locks!!!

Cellphones should be BANNED in the gym!

There is nothing I hate more than some fucking loud shithead yapping on and on and on with his tiny little phone making sure EVERYONE in the gym can hear him (usually hogging a bench or machine too).

If you yap on your phone in my gym, I should be allowed to ram a fucking 90 lbs dumbell up your ass... SIDEWAYS!

Red

Beantown Abuser is offline Junior Member
    losers and wannabe's should be banned, cargo shorts, cell phones, calk should be used everywhere.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Bump the cell phones.

BigBad is offline Banned
    Fuck:
    -Cell phones
    -Fat chicks wearing tube tops
    -TALKING (it's not a god damn social scene)
    -Skinny asses wearing wife-beaters
    -Sandles
    -Shitty music no one likes
    -Abercrombie/Designer clothing

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    1.Screaming like a maniac during "heavy" lifts. Learn how to grunt and stop distracting everyone in the gym. No one cares how much you are lifting and most of us can lift more.

2.I once belonged to a gym where this but ugly couple would come in and grope each other constantly. Get a room!

BIG R is offline Member
    Ten Commandments while Working out in the Gym.......By Big R

1.)You can only wear the Same dirty Tank and shorts twice,wash that shit!
    2.)Guys that wear pants or sweats year round CAN NOT critique others physiques because they are hidding thier own bean poles for legs.
    3.)thou shall not load up more 45 plates that one can do on bench then not be able to do 1 rep without 3 spotters, screamming at the top of your lungs.
    4.)You have to give up your cell phone at the front desk......voice mail only!
    5.)If you talk more than 7-8 mins on a machine you have to give it up to the 2nd party waiting to use it.
    6.)You cannot wear dark sunglasses in the gym unless you are Ronnie Coleman.
    7.)You cannot color coordinate your gym cloths unless you wife is with you and you can say she made you do it!
    8.)NO FANNIE PACKS.
    9.)Do not wash your face in the water fountain then spit in it!
    10.) You cannot hang out in the locker room for more than 5 mins walking around naked (Brushing your teeth naked also) asking others questions.....it is completely unacceptable.

R

Big R ... Darn, I accidentally wore a t-shirt that matched with my shorts the other day! Am I in trouble?

Hmmm, and for #10 this applies tenfold to men over 60!!!!

Red

BIG R is offline Member
    Nah, your cool Red! And it is allways the over 60 men that like showing off thier sagging nuts to all of the world! Sick!

I work at a local gym and see all kinds of strange stuff...you name it I've probably seen it 1st hand.

R

BigBad is offline Banned
    I've got to say little weak bitches who scream really don't get me pissed off...they make me laugh. If I'm lifting a shitload of weight and I grunt or scream, it's too fucking bad if people don't like it. I'm not there to make friends, I'm there to train. I don't do it for attention and I don't do it to impress the pencilneck next to me, I do it because I'm busting my ass. Now, I'm not speaking for everyone here, just me personally.
    Granted, I do fully understand how the average person would get pissed (hell, I even get pissed sometimes when other do it). But, the point is if someone is lifting heavy weight (not just heavy for that person but heavy like everyone in the gym is looking saying 'holy shit how much does he have on that bar'), give him some freakin respect. They didn't get to where they are today lollygagging their candyass around the gym with a smile on their faces. Now, I'm not saying that you should respect guys who scream at the top of their lungs on every rep of every set they do, you should then take a 45 and smash them over their head and tell them to get the f**k out. So, laugh at some but respect others. (ooooh I'm gonna catch some shit about this post) -BB

winny freak is offline New Member
    I'm guilty.I used my phone when I did cardio, on two occasions. Please doon't beat me. I'm still a newbie, I swear i am. LOL
    -FREAK

BIG R is offline Member
    BB,

I lift as heavy as all of the hard core...I don't stupid yell. I've been gone Powerlifting meets for years and the usually TOP winners, dont stupid yell. If I had to express myself with the stress that I am feeling I do it another way......its called lifting the weight! Grunt I feel is OK.

Oh, and BigBad have you ever heard of hijacking a thread? In your whole post you didnt talk about "A GYM RULE YOU'D LIKE TO SEE!" You can just pussyfoot around making little .02 cent comments or you can try to put in a little work like the thers here.

R

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    BIG R, I'm just gonna agree with your rules, especially those old bastards who want to talk to ya in the locker room butt ass naked.

Here's a good story for ya about the weater fountain rule. I was waiting to fill up my water vottle and was being nice by letting this guy go ahead of me to get a quick drink. Well he drinks some and than spits a lugy(spelling) right in the fountain. Well I took the partially filled water bottle and dumped it all over him as he tried to walk by me. I think he got the message.

BigBad is offline Banned
    R,

I wouldn't say that I "stupid" yell; and actually I did post some gym rules a few posts back. I was just stating my opinion on posts several people had on the concept of yelling. Also, dude no offense but you're a bodybuilder (and if that is a pic of you, you do look good and lean), and I am a powerlifter, and not some of these powerlifters you've seen in meets where a bodybuilder is stronger than them. Also (again honestly no offense), you're a 164 lbs and I highly doubt you "lift as heavy as all the hardcore."

Almost forgot:
    -Hate people who complain in the gym
    -People who fill up gallon water bottles and don't let the ten people behind him go in front

-BB

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    No grabing 10 dumbells and act like your punching the mirror

NO flexing if you curl the 25lbs and its hard for you

NO fat chicks doing arobics in spandex

Dont act like your punching the mirror

NO dancing with the music at the gym

Dont walk around the lockerroom naked cause no one wants to se your sagy ass balls

NO talking to people while you are naked

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    No rolling light dumbbells across the floor. I can somewhat accept guys rolling heavy dumbbells back to the racks after a set, but I have seen guys roll 50s across the floor even before they lifted them!

No dropping dumbbells unless they are too heavy for you to crontrol all the way to the ground. The same guy who rolls the 50s across the floor also drops them to the ground like they were 150 pound dumbbells.

No circuit training. The only time this would be acceptable would be when the gym was totally empty. But there are one or two guys in my gym that try to run a circuit routine when the gym is the most packed.

Tell people when they are doing something wrong. I'm not an expert on weight trainning but once and a while I will see someone doing a lift totally incorrectly and I will let them now. I do it politely, but still some people get upset. I think if more people did this people wouldn't get so upset when it happens.

When you ask someone for a spot, be ready to lift. This guy asked me for a spot the other day and then sat there for about a minute getting himself psyched up for it, I guess. He was just wasting my time.

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    Thought of one more...

If you aren't huge don't act like it. I think a lot of the rules that we have all come up with stem from this problem. Guys who aren't big at all trying to act like they are. Don't walk around the gym with your arms flared out like your lats are so big when you are 6'4'' and 110 pounds. I could go on but I won't. This rule should also apply outside of the gym I think.

daem is offline Anabolic Member
    Originally posted by BigBad
    R, no offense but you're a bodybuilder (and if that is a pic of you, you do look good and lean), and I am a powerlifter, and not some of these powerlifters you've seen in meets where a bodybuilder is stronger than them. Also (again honestly no offense), you're a 164 lbs and I highly doubt you "lift as heavy as all the hardcore."
    -BB
    Why are you calling out a respected, contributing member on what they can and can't do?

I suggest you read this post because you aren't going to make friends here when u act like a dick:

http://anabolicreview.com/vbulletin/...threadid=55389

Enjoy the read buddy.

BIG R is offline Member
    Daem, thanks for getting my back, but I think that I can handle this one

Bigand not so bad,

You can have your opinion. I am totally secure with my lifting and the weights that I use I've alway been strong my entire life......maybe YOU WANT YOUR RESPECT by trying to some heavy weights...but Respect is something earned by people...and YOU have not EARNED ANYTHING on this SITE. You are Nothing but a punk and wills stay that way in my book till you earn some RESPECT. Oh, and no offence but in my Arena of BB'ing I am a winner in what I do. YES that is me in my avatar shredded and still a lifter how does that not make me Hadcore?

I have Powerlifting buds that I work out with that are 5'9 250lbs that put your numbers to shame. There is always someone stronger and bigger that you, so give you ego a rest. So again, you have no RESPECT here (as solely a "member" status) and definately should not try to dictate what I or others can and Can't do. I have 15 years lifting experince that backs me up.

You seem like a EGO drivein little kid....hope you can impress others with you lifting numbers cause I am not. From the other treads that you posted I can tell they dont get too many repies.......wonder why? You'll be outta here soon with that attitude!

BR

R

BigBad is offline Banned
    First of all, sorry about the flarring B, I'm not trying to start shit and argue here. I knew I was going to catch some shit about my post and I did. My whole point was that people get psyched-up a number of different ways, and if some have unconventional or disapproved of habits, then so be it. If someone is busting their ass, I respect them regardless of their actions. I guess my opinion on this matter is very biased because I haven't trained in a "gym/fitness center" for some time (I train D1 athletes) so, I encourage all forms of intensity. But, I do understand where everyone is coming from when they disapprove of screaming/yelling in a "gym." I could go around-and-around in circles here but the bottom line is...my bad. -BB

wannabmassive is offline Associate Member
    hey all u guys well most of u got the same mentality as some one who loves to train get on with there shit and go, ill tell u wht i hate

1. people looking at u train like when u r on a heavy set and ur grunting people stop and look at u

2.people who say sorry mate im using that db the carry on with a 8 min converstaion

3.powerlifters taking the piss out of the bb cus they they they is more manly

4.puffs who say feel my bicep to there training partner when they got a pump

5.OH YES AND THIS 1 PISSES ME OFF THE MOST WHEN YOUR TRAINING PARTNER WALKS AROUND U LOOKING AT YOUR BODY AND DISSING U IN A POLITE WAY LIKE OH YEAH U R BIG AND YOUR UPPER HALF IS RIGHT BUT U NEED TO WORK ON YOUR ABS, IM LIKE MOTHER FUCKER LET ME GET AS MUCH MASS AS POSSIABLE

sorry about that guys went off on 1

BIG R is offline Member
    You can measure a man's height, you can measure a man's weight, but you cannot measure the size of a man's heart.

Bad, If you truely believed that then you would not have judged me as inferior in any way.........

BigBad is offline Banned
    R...dude,

First of all, I was trying to play nice by apologizing (which by the was posted before I saw you second-most recent reply).

Second, I wasn't stating you were inferior in any way. It wasn't my point that someone who's 164 doesn't train hardcore or heavy, it was that heavier people usually lift more than their lighter counterparts. Does this concept hold true all the time, of course not. But, to say someone who's 164 that trains AS heavy as ALL the hardcore is ridiculous. Also, no shit there's always someone bigger and stronger than you/me (oh and I compete in the 220s not the 275s), I don't know what the hell you were reading but I never said that I was the strongest man alive. Nor did I say that I train as heavy as ALL the hardcore powerlifters.

Third, I'm a punk w/no respect cuz I only have "member status"...come on man get real, you don't even know me. So, just because once in a blue moon I have a second to post, I'm a punk? Oh, and I am a little kid, hell I'm only 24...but for the love of god please don't imply that I have no idea of what I'm talking about in the field of weight training. I probably shouldn't get into this but since I have an "ego problem" I will...I am a strength and conditioning coach at a major Division I program, I have a BS and MS in Exercise Science and the certifications I have would make you and your little weekend "certified" PT classes cry. So, PLEASE do not make implications that I am a nobody (maybe a nobody on this board because I work long hard days and don't have the time to post a lot). So, if it makes you feel better about yourself that you are a senior, good. I could give two fucks what classification of a member I am.

BIG R is offline Member
    BAD BAD BAD, YOu must have such a feeling of insecureness to write your life story in one thread. You are a joke and so is your degree, TRY a BS in BIOCHEMISTRY and ANATOMY& PHYS...I TRAIN GUYS THAT HAVE YOUR JOB....too funny....its called wisdom...I have the books to back me up intelectually also. You wanna get cerebral, you will lose.

I still dont respect you at all....you try to put others down to feel superior that is you nature as it has reared IT's UGLY HEAD 3 times in this particular thread.....I feel sorry for you now....with your "got something to prove" punk attitude.....not impressed.

These are your WORDS: I highly doubt you "lift as heavy as all the hardcore."

That is straight FWD...(Not understanding that is a competition wt on stage. not what I walk with day to day in the off season...just ignorant)

ALSO:to say someone who's 164 that trains AS heavy as ALL the

hardcore is ridiculous. This is Straight FWD also....

You contradict yourself with your own cliche that you post with:

"You can measure a man's height, you can measure a man's weight, but you cannot measure the size of a man's heart."

Maybe a mans weight is not the ISSUE at hand, but here it is almost your basis in your puny argument........I'm all HEART MF! And thats what has got me the gold in the past.

I'm here on a daily basis helping out others as a SR. member not just throwing in little french girl remarks to show attitide. If you don't appreciate my input than keep your "PIE HOLE SHUT" as one of the moderators so eloquently put it in the past.

Oh, and you are still a nobody.

BR

BIG R is offline Member
    BB,

I'm done with you. You can post all of your credtials and scream your weight numbers, but you dont get my respect for acting the way you do.

And take that cliche off you post you are a discrase to that noble statement about a MANS HEIGHT and a MANS WEIGHT.....but his heart cannot be measured.........not hardcore........the hell with this contradition and stupidity.

R

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by BigBad
    But, to say someone who's 164 that trains AS heavy as ALL the hardcore is ridiculous.

I am a strength and conditioning coach at a major Division I program, I have a BS and MS in Exercise Science and the certifications
    Well for the 164 pounder training as heavy as all the hardcore is not ridiculous. Break it down pound for pound and I'll bet ya 9 out of 10 times that 164 pounder is lifting heavier than the bigger guys. As for what you do for a living or what degree you have, whoopdeedoo! BIG R is a good bro, and has on numerous occasions proven his knowledge of bbing and weight training. Hell when I p[layed college ball, the only thing our strength coach was good for was a spot. When it came to serious lifting we knew more than he did and he had the same degrees as yourself. BIG R, gotcha back whenever ya need me!

BIG R is offline Member
    HELL YEAH! BIG TEXAN, Thank you my texan brotha!!!

I'm begging to feel at home here at AR with my brothers. If you need me let me know.

Peace
    R

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    Things I dont want to see on this board - Flames - I am the only one here who is weilder of the flame - so lets make sure all are gettting back to the subject at hand.

BigBad is offline Banned
    Little R,

This is my LAST post on this subject; I don't have the time to waste this bullshit argument for someone who reads at a 5th grade level (because you obviously cannot interpret anything).

First, you are the one who called me out. So, this whole argument stems off of what you initiated.

Second, for someone who's cerebral, intellectually is spelled with two L’s not one. And no R, I will not loose in an intellectual argument; and no you do not train people who have my position. Oh, also the two majors you listed don’t have the purpose in my field as exercise science (and actually a lot of the coursework involves anat/phys…hence exercise phys). I can’t believe that you’re seriously trying to argue this shit…I honestly think you are a simpleton. But, what’s even funnier is that you think you’re big shit because you’re on this board a lot…now that is fucking hysterical. Get a life…honestly.

Finally you can talk about my profession all you want (and the reason I stated all of that shit was to make a point not to state my insecurities). Tex, I don’t know what fucking school you went to. But R when it comes down to it, that’s what it is…a profession. Not something you can pick-up out of high school go to a course for a weekend and then say I am a “certified” trainer. So, I want you to think of that the next time you’re training some old saggy fat chick you fucking loser.

daVinci is offline New Member
    Damn, this thread definitely went in a different direction than I intended

BIG R is offline Member
    Sorry daVinci, but when you have little girls like BIGBADBOOBIE want to Hijack threads then things get stupid. Real stupid......hey but I called it quits and my other brothers from AR got my back. You deal with this idiot now he's got your thread screwed.

Peace
    R

BIG R is offline Member
    Even Further in to disrespecting the AR site MR. my-BAD still flames after the moderator instructs to stop..........oh, I'm laughing at the intelligence here now. LOL! Too Funny! Lets see if the Moderator RESPECTS you now.

R

wrstlr69sdnl is offline Senior Member
    OH YEAH well I got a A in female anatomy I know where the boobies are Just trying to lightin the mood

but in all realness I got alot of respect for a bber because I powerlifted for a while its fun and all but alot more work goes into bodybuilding I think with lowering bf all the CARDIO man I hate cardio and constently watching what you eat

So I got your back to BigR you always had my respect I just decided to go into bodybuilding seems more challenging :/:

Cycleon is offline AR-Hall of Famer / Retired
    BigBad - you have been kind enough to provide the first example of a person who gets suspended - I will lift it in 1 week and hopefully you will have learned how to behave by then - we are a family here and respect your opinions that are based on learning and experience - I understand people get a little heated with their opinions now and again but when I say no flaming - thats what I mean.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information