Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By almostgone

Thread: Any Advice or Help would be appreciated!

Stay1994 is offline New Member

Any Advice or Help would be appreciated!

Hi guys,
    I am a 20 year old women and I have rjust had a baby 3 and half months ago . I am 5 ft 5.7 inches with a BMI of 27.1 kg.Before I had my son I was 9 stone 5 pound but due to bad eating habits I am now 11 st 12.8 pound. My fat index is 31.2% . The main reason i need to loose weight is due to a medical condition i have called PCOS ( Polycstic Ovarian Syndrome) and when my weight is up i am at more risk to Heart Disease or Diabetes. I need some advice or help on a workout or how much I should be doing? Thanks

Nick147 is offline Associate Member
    Hi. Diet, exercises, cardio are a great help.
    This forum is full of useful info.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    spend some time in our diet section and figure out your tdee. This will give you a baseline for how many calories you need to consume daily. If you are looking to drop bf then simply deduct 500 calories a day from your tdee. There are sample diets aand they typically consist of 40% protein, 40% carbs and 20% fat. As far as cardio goes do what you can handle. If its walking then try to do it a minimum of 4 times a week or more. Walking at a brisk pace getting your heart rate up for 30 minutes is a great starting point and increase from there. Good luck.

Stay1994 is offline New Member
    Thanks everyone for your help!! Could anyone advise me on what foods I should be eating and what foods I should avoid please??

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stay1994 View Post
    Hi guys,
    I am a 20 year old women and I have rjust had a baby 3 and half months ago . I am 5 ft 5.7 inches with a BMI of 27.1 kg.Before I had my son I was 9 stone 5 pound but due to bad eating habits I am now 11 st 12.8 pound. My fat index is 31.2% . The main reason i need to loose weight is due to a medical condition i have called PCOS ( Polycstic Ovarian Syndrome) and when my weight is up i am at more risk to Heart Disease or Diabetes. I need some advice or help on a workout or how much I should be doing? Thanks
    Also, you could check out the link below to gain access to the ladies forum. It may prove helpful!
    http://forums.steroid.com/new-female...ale-forum.html
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone for your help!! Could anyone advise me on what foods I should be eating and what foods I should avoid please??
    Hi there,

Try cutting all processed foods out - deli meats canned foods, etc all very high in sodium)... Try eating all whole foods/fresh veggies/complex carbs/fruits(you'll get all the good sugars you need through the veggies/fruits - natural sugars)... But being on verge of diabetes, just monitor the intake of your sugars...

Also like stated above start out slow(exercise wise - do what you can as Buster stated)... And feel free to come to the diet sec for any help!

GL on your journey!

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Once you work out your TDEE and break it down into the macro percentages as Buster suggested, then you can create your diet. The link below may help you out:

http://forums.steroid.com/diet-nutri...1-cutting.html

Also, don't forget to request access to the ladies section via the following link:

http://forums.steroid.com/new-female...ale-forum.html

We have some really great, knowledgeable ladies here at our forum and every one of the ladies I've encountered is extremely helpful, supportive, and just flat out enjoy helping and sharing their experience.
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-24-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    NACH3 likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Thread Information