Thread: abs

rexkishi is offline New Member

abs

i used to be fat, no offense with the word. i lost alot of weight and i am muscular too. i do abs 4 times a week. i have abs that show at the top but my lower ones are like a role. i eat well and do lower abs with my training. what else can i do?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    It is still to do with diet you cannot spot reduce.Try and cut your calorie intake down a little and keep the fat low.And carrie on with all the abb work you will get there in the end.

Rastus is offline Associate Member
    Include cardio in your workout.

And your diet. No saturated fats, and watch the kind of and amount of carbs you are eating....

10sne1 is offline New Member
    people always tell me that abs and other muscles are genetic. some guys have buldging one other are flatter. is this correct?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

Gentics

Originally posted by 10sne1
    people always tell me that abs and other muscles are genetic. some guys have buldging one other are flatter. is this correct?
    Basic gentic phyisology is gentic ( hieght, body type ect) But I have found that many of the reason people may gain so much bf so easily is due to a life long habit of poor eating habits that they were taught were acceptable from their childhhod. Now there are the occassional medical condidtions in which this does not adhere to, but those are not trhe norm.

rexkishi,
    You are not going to achieve the results you desire until you incorporate a good sound cordio rotine in your training program. Body fat is burned off when sufficient work has been applied to burn it off. What I mean is that you are going to have to expend the enrgy, enough in fact that your body has to call on the fat resreves that it has stored. Sittups will tone up your abbs and make them stronger BUT they will not aid you in burning off body fat as your heart ratre will not get high enough, long enough to even begin the fat burning process.
    IC

Thread Information