smash is offline New Member

anyone not do military press?

hey fellas, i was wondering, is there anyone here who doesnt do military press.. either behind the head or infront, but rather does over the head dumbbell press? thats my "mass builder" for shoulders and it works great for me. should i also be doing military presses though? i make sure to hit the front delts with front raises to supplement.

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Aren't they the same thing ?? You're basically doing Arnold Presses (dumbbell military) as opposed to doing it with a barbell. The range of motion is pretty much the same.

Am I not seeing something here people ??

hellapimpin is offline Anabolic Member
    i just do incline dumbells and maybe some incline hammer strengths

broncojosh is offline Senior Member

db and bb

I split my dumbbell training and barbbell training up in 4 week intervals. Meaning I'll do all db exercises for 4 weeks, then 4 of bbell. Feel like you really need both for optimal growth. Always sucks that first week of db's, because it's so much harder...likewise, coming off db's, bbell lifts are alot easier. So to answer your question, I do military press and db presses

smash is offline New Member
    thanks for your insight guys, the only reason i thought they were different is because the db's are move over your head and the barbell is more infront of it. thanks again

KeyMastur is offline VET
    Originally posted by smash
    thanks for your insight guys, the only reason i thought they were different is because the db's are move over your head and the barbell is more infront of it. thanks again
    true. now i see where you're going with it. dumbbells allow you to get more of a squeeze together because you can move your hands closer together as they go over your head (therefore you work a little more of the delt)

Thread Information