Thread: Arms

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member

Arms

My arms are really lagging especially my biceps. They are flat, soft with almost no peak. The problem is that I can work them everyday, I never feel that my biceps are tired or sore. I train arms only 1 a week at the moment but I tried 2 arm days before with no success.
    I am constantly changing my arms workout but it would look like this:
    EZ cheated curls 5-6 sets, close grip (4 of them very heavy)
    Preacher curls 4 sets
    Hammer curls 4 sets

or

Db curls 5-6 sets, shoulder wide grip (4 heavy sets)
    Incline DB curls 4 sets
    Concentration Curls 4 sets or high cable curls

Triceps:
    Skull crushers 5 sets
    Overhead extension 4 sets
    Push down 4 sets

or

CGBP 5 sets
    skull crushers 4 sets
    push downs 4 sets

This is not about the: eat more or train harder problem cause I always go to failure and sometimes I use a spotter to lift the weight for me and I just let it down slowly. I also use to do drop sets on my final sets. Anyway, I always leave the gym with a crazy pump but they are not growing... Every other muscle group is growing but arms are not... Also I have a huge thoracic box which makes them look even smaller.

Blog Entries
    I'm the same way except not to THAT extent.. It's usually either arms or chest that will pop on a person and the other one will usually be extremely hard to grow.. I'm sure that at the expense of your arms, your chest always gets a great pump and has no problem growing.. I know that without even needing to see you.. Having long arms (like myself) makes it even harder to fill out.. Best thing would be to during your bulk face lift heavy, hit them hard but for a SHORT amount of time.. No longer than 40 minutes and hit them HARD imo.. Heaviest you can go but with good form..that mixed with a caloric surplus will make them grow especially if you're taking AAS.. They will NEVER be as big as alot of the fitness models you see etc that have that magazine cover look and great arm genetics mixed with all the drugs they're taking no matter WHAT you do in my opinion.. it's just something you have to live with.. BUT they CAN 100% get bigger than they are now

T3ckton1k is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    I'm the same way except not to THAT extent.. It's usually either arms or chest that will pop on a person and the other one will usually be extremely hard to grow.. I'm sure that at the expense of your arms, your chest always gets a great pump and has no problem growing.. I know that without even needing to see you.. Having long arms (like myself) makes it even harder to fill out.. Best thing would be to during your bulk face lift heavy, hit them hard but for a SHORT amount of time.. No longer than 40 minutes and hit them HARD imo.. Heaviest you can go but with good form..that mixed with a caloric surplus will make them grow especially if you're taking AAS.. They will NEVER be as big as alot of the fitness models you see etc that have that magazine cover look and great arm genetics mixed with all the drugs they're taking no matter WHAT you do in my opinion.. it's just something you have to live with.. BUT they CAN 100% get bigger than they are now
    I am not on drugs at the moment but you are right. Chest has always grown nicely... I think I will try a new tehnique I have seen on youtube: seated db curls to failure + standing curls to failure + hammers to failure, in this way I will go from harder exercises to easier exercises. Maybe this kind of beating them will help...

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Too many sets, so that will probably mean not enough intensity

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Totally agree ^^^^^with BB. You are doing too many sets which means your intensity is low. Go to true failure on one set for 2 maybe 3 movements and you're done. And for working on the bicep peak there's nothing better than the old seated concentration curls. Let your final set be 8-10 reps and squeeze out a couple more using your other hand to spot yourself. Pronate the hand at the top and squeeze each rep before lowering the weight. Your biceps will be toast.

lovbyts is offline Knowledgeable Member
    "I am constantly changing my arms workout but it would look like this"

When you say constantly changing how often is that? You should stick to one routine for a couple of months then switch it up from bar to dumbbells otherwise it's the same thing as doing only the same thing all the time.

Also try drop sets and as at some point.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lovbyts View Post
    "I am constantly changing my arms workout but it would look like this"

When you say constantly changing how often is that? You should stick to one routine for a couple of months then switch it up from bar to dumbbells otherwise it's the same thing as doing only the same thing all the time.

Also try drop sets and as at some point.
    I agree with this you can't be changing out routines constantly and whichever one gives you results quick will be the one you choose because you'll never find one that way especially since it's a lagging bodypart..What i am really trying to say is just because they aren't growing as well does not mean you aren't hitting them as hard it just means you should use the best exercises for hypertrophy for them

mattybee123 is offline New Member
    Again, volume, intensity and a variation of heavier and lighter weights will grow your arms just give them their own day and a little time. When it comes to arms more is better.

Thread Information