solidj55 is offline Member

What to do if you cant do AM cardio???

I want to cut some bodyfat, I have always been able to do AM cardio in the past but now its not possible. I get up at 4am to be at work by 6am, there are no gyms open that early around here and I am not able to buy a treadmill for my home. I before always did AM low intensity cardio(40min to 1hr at 15%[email protected]). I am about to start my cutting diet next week but I need some low impact cardio to help things out. SO what are some of your suggestions. The way I work I will be able to do AM cardio one day per week one week and 2-3 days per week the next but I plan to do 5 days per week. I guess my best option is not to eat 3 hours before my lift/cardio in the PM and to do my cardio after I lift. How long should I go, what kind of cardio should I do, etc???
    Any suggestions. By the way I only lift 3 days per week, Monday/Tuesday/Thursday. I lift for function more than bodybuilding. I do only compound movements with the exception of abs, lowerback, calves, hamstrings. My split is like this.

Day 1
    Dumbell Incline or Dumbell Bench Press-3 sets 5-8 reps
    Pullups or Chinups-3 sets 5-8 reps
    Decline Situps-3 sets 20 reps
    Lowerback Hypers-3sets 12 reps
    Day 2
    Leg Press-3x20
    Leg Curl-3x6
    Seated Calves-3x15
    Knee Raises-3x20

Day 3
    Dips-3x5-8
    Dumbell or T-Bar Rows-3x6-8
    Dumbell Overhead Press-3x12-15
    Decline Situps-3x20
    *I superset exercises 1/2, 3/4. I rest 1 min 30 sec between each set of each exercise and I rest 2min between superset groups.

Thats about it. I am 5'5" 180lbs, bodyfat unsure, somewhere between 12-14%. My diet will be mainly high protein, low carb, moderate fat(mostly EFA's)

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I"m not really sure i understand this real well. Are you saying that you can't do morning cardio because the gym isn't open that early and you can't afford a treadmill? Whats wrong with going outside? Or am i just reading this wrong?

ossparts is offline Junior Member

no compound

most of your excersizes are not compound bro

throw in some squats
    Bench press
    Behind the back military
    Dead lifts
    dips

belive it or not doing this with a good diet will cut u up
    and to loose even more body fat add in a eca stack before working out for a super kick (thats what iam doing right now)
    and to top that off i would try to work out first thing in the morning

the reason being is because your glycogen level is low and your body dips into the fat for energy.
    in the evening if you do aerobics first half hour its gonna burn the food and glycogen that u have stored. Then your gonna dip into fat!!!

So if you dont feel like working out in the morning to burn fat then work out with high intensity put a eca stack and throw some heavy shit around. While fixing up your diet and your gonna burn fat like crazy bro.
    Good luck.

Ive lost 12 pounds
    some of it muscle
    but most of it fat
    and ive been doing the same
    cause i dont have time for the morning cardio

good luck

Hmmm, compound means it works more than one muscle so yes most of my exercises are compound. You dont know me so you are forgiven already, but I cant squat/deadlift anymore due to issues of health from years of powerlifting. Mainly back problems.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    If you can't do cardio on the AM on an empty stomach, do it after fasting for about 4 hours. If there's a gap in your day where you go without eating for a few hours, that's your time my man. Insulin levels brah, INSULIN! You can manipulate anything in your body. Replicate the events while you're sleeping during your daytime activity, in this case, find a time period where you go without food as a fuel source, then do your cardio and it's the exact same thing. Go nuts brah.

Originally posted by saboudian
    I"m not really sure i understand this real well. Are you saying that you can't do morning cardio because the gym isn't open that early and you can't afford a treadmill? Whats wrong with going outside? Or am i just reading this wrong?
    Yes you are right, I cant do AM cardio because the gym isnt open and I am not going to buy a treadmill. Nothing wrong with going outside other than the fact that it would be 2 or 3 in the morning. I just cant get up that early. I work 12-16 hour shifts so that leaves very little for sleep if you figure I lift after working out then come home eat, and go to sleep.
    Now if I got up another hour earlier to do AM cardio that would put my sleep down to about 3-4 hours per night. There is no way I am doing that.

Originally posted by RoNNy THe BuLL
    If you can't do cardio on the AM on an empty stomach, do it after fasting for about 4 hours. If there's a gap in your day where you go without eating for a few hours, that's your time my man. Insulin levels brah, INSULIN! You can manipulate anything in your body. Replicate the events while you're sleeping during your daytime activity, in this case, find a time period where you go without food as a fuel source, then do your cardio and it's the exact same thing. Go nuts brah.
    Thank you for the response dude.

RoNNy THe BuLL is offline Anabolic Member
    Anytime bro, check out my post about Circuit Training in the Workout sections...may be of some use to you!!

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    Originally posted by solidj55
    Yes you are right, I cant do AM cardio because the gym isnt open and I am not going to buy a treadmill. Nothing wrong with going outside other than the fact that it would be 2 or 3 in the morning. I just cant get up that early. I work 12-16 hour shifts so that leaves very little for sleep if you figure I lift after working out then come home eat, and go to sleep.
    Now if I got up another hour earlier to do AM cardio that would put my sleep down to about 3-4 hours per night. There is no way I am doing that.
    WAH! WAH! WAH! Just playing bro, don't get all pissy. You can still get pretty good results if you don't eat 60-90 minutes before your workout and do cardio immediatly after. Good to see ya back, done with the academy? Well good luck and let me know what you find out about this because I'm in aboput the same boat as you, unable to get up any earlier to do am cardio. Good luck

PUMP UP is offline Junior Member
    I AM IN THE SAME BOAT BRO. I JUST DO CADIO ON AN EMPTY STOMACH. I PURPOSLY SPACE A MEAL OUT 4 HOURS SO I CAN DO IT ON A EMPTY STOMACH. THEN I DRINK A PROTIEN SHAKE RIGHT AFTER.

I am glad I am not the only one with this problem.

Ronny, I will check out your post about circuit training for sure.

Big Texan, I wasnt getting pissy you freaking idiot lol, j/k. Yea bro I am finally done with the academy stuff. I am so glad not to have to study on my days off anymore. I am trying to take it easy this week in the gym so my joints can heal up from that week of Defensive Tactics we did.

Pump Up, thanks for the advice dude, I will be doing the same thing you are.

Originally posted by solidj55

Big Texan, I wasnt getting pissy you freaking idiot lol, j/k.
    Uuummm Mods, he's flaming me and I want him banned! just kidding. Sore for mdefense tactics huh? Yeah a weeks worth of easy lifting will help ya. Talking to some guys, they recommend to just do cardio foloowing your workout that way you've depleted your stores and will hit the fat directly. I may have to give this method a try, I'm just worried about it dratically hindering my gains. Laters!

Originally posted by BIG TEXAN
    I'm just worried about it dratically hindering my gains. Laters!
    I feel ya on that one bro, so am I.

, I'm just worried about it dratically hindering my homosexual lifestyle. Laters!
    I am not sure about that one Big Texan lol, j/k, Sorry if you only knew what I have been through at work today you would understand my sense of humor tonight.

SHhhhhhhhh, I have an image to uphold. Now I have yto come out of the closet!

Actually that's just wrong to change a guys quote like that, ya dirty bastard!

SHhhhhhhhh, I have an image to uphold. Now I have yto come out of the closet!

Actually that's just wrong to change a guys quote like that, ya dirty bastard!
    LOL, sorry dude, I had a crazy day yesterday. You wont believe this but we had this crazy fucker in jail yesterday and he shit in his hands and proceeded to squish it and smear it all over his face, all over the wall, etc. Then he decided to dip his own turd into a tray of rice , that was included on their dinner tray, and eat it. I laughed so hard I cried, it was horrible, I couldnt believe my eyes. Oh well, I know this isnt fitness or work out related but I had to share.

Man I don't know whether to laugh or puke!!!!! I would have pissed my pants laughing at that moron!

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    Hmmm, compound means it works more than one muscle so yes most of my exercises are compound. You dont know me so you are forgiven already, but I cant squat/deadlift anymore due to issues of health from years of powerlifting. Mainly back problems.
    solid, i responded to the post you had about circuit training and supersetting. i did not realize that you had past injuries that limited some of the exercises you can do. in this case, forget about the melt down training that i mentioned. it involves squats, deads, lunges. i think that you will like the other article. would your back problem prevent you from being able to use a punching bag or a speed bag? i alternate between sprints and heavy bag work. they are fairly inexpensive at hibbits sporting goods stores. i hate to hear about about your back. just dont try meltdown.

Thanks Farm Boy for the responses. I could use sprints/bag training without problems. In all honesty I could probably squat/dead light but the risks and probability of me hurting myself again are great and the odds of that outweigh the benifits that I may reap from those exercises.

Farm boy is offline Junior Member
    i have to agree with you on the risks. melt down training is a lactic acid build up type training. i would be afraid that you would compromise your back trying this type of training. from what i have been told it is extremely taxing on the body. i dont know what you weigh but sprints may cause you some lower back problems. particularly when you consider the surface that you run on. pavement or any type of hard surface would surely cause problems. i can do road work and my lower back is sore for a few days but i can run in the pasture and it does not seem to bother me. i'll keep you mind when i am reading other post and if it sounds similiar to what you are looking for i'll let you know.

Quote Originally Posted by solidj55
    In all honesty I could probably squat/dead light but the risks and probability of me hurting myself again are great and the odds of that outweigh the benifits that I may reap from those exercises.
    What a pussy! Sorry ro I just had to one more time. If there's the slightest risk of re-injuring your self it's just not worth it. I will say heavy ag training is a good cardio workout. I damn nea past out after my first 5 minutes when I first tried it.

Thread Information