zinghigh89 is offline Junior Member

Looking for some opinions

Hey guys
    Currently on my second 5/3/1 cycle and love it. I aim it more towards bodybuilding as far as the assistance work goes but love the program and continue to make progress in strength and I'm feeling denser as well. Hoping to get on stage in a year or so and my arms are definitely a weak point, they are symmetrical but need a bit more size. I was thinking of once every 2 weeks or so doing an arm specific day something like Matt Kroc's 1,000 repper or something similar. I don't want to veer too far from Wendler's layout which is why I would only do it every other week or even every other two weeks to avoid overtraining these muscles as well as not changing the program too much. It would probably look like this

monday-Bench day (chest, tris)
    tuesday-Squat day (quads, calves)
    wednesday-steady state
    thursday-Press day (delts)
    friday- Deadlift day (back, traps)
    Saturday-off or cardio
    Sunday-Arm day
    Monday-off

Currently on 600mg tren E and 250mg test cyp week 4.

energizer bunny is offline Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference
    Go ahead and try it out mate! You have a solid routine going right now, so try a few different things out and see what works for you. Try going to failure and beyond on your arms at some point see if that gets some growth. Just make sure whatever you do doesnt interfere with your recovery for 5,3,1 routine.

On a side note, if you are training body-building then maybe look into other routines instead of 5,3,1 as this is focused mainly on strength.

Thread Information