Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By haggendaz

Thread: 185 Rep Squat Workout

haggendaz is offline New Member

185 Rep Squat Workout

Anyone ever give this workout a shot? I read this on another site and thought I would give it a shot. I love old school workouts. I'm looking to drop some body fat but retain most of my muscle. I know a lot of that has to do with nutrition. I am also reading Power Eating for my nutrition.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    I may have did it in my football days i know we did 100 like a normal day walk in the park i say go for it

bloodchoke is offline Member
    I read this the other day:

Lay 10 playing cards on the floor in a line, each a few inches from the other.
    Squat down (deep) and pick up the first card. Stand up (butt clinch and all) and step to the next card. Squat and place the first card on top of the second card. Stand up. Squat and pick up the card you just placed on top. Stand up. Squat and pick up the second card. stand. move to the third card. repeat this for all ten cards and that's 100 squats.

Doing 100 body weight squats isn't something that most of us require a gimmick to complete but, if you're a trainer with a new client (or you yourself is new to squatting) this can be a good way to not focus on counting since some people start getting psyched out as the count gets large.
    For a beginner, you can lay complete this with just 5 cards and you'll have done 25 reps. Maybe add a card each week till they (or you) can complete the reps with 10 cards.
    Last edited by bloodchoke; 08-01-2015 at 11:37 PM.

Thanks for the replies. Guess it would help to let you know that I'm 31 years old, 6'3" about 320lbs. New to posting on forums. Also not sure if the card post is a joke or not.

bloodchoke is offline Member
    Not a joke.

Good to know it's not a joke. I appreciate the feedback guys. Like i said I'm new to this posting thing but i have been lifting for the past 15 years. I love squatting heavy but last year i herniated a disc so I'm trying to play it smart and I'm trying too drop some body fat.
    bloodchoke likes this.

Thread Information