Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By KBall32
  • 2 Post By < <Samson> >

Thread: Fed up

Wwharto is offline New Member

Fed up

I'm a 35 male that lives in SC. I have been working out at gym for about 2-3 years and really don't see much results. I am 6"1 235 lbs and don't have much definition. About 5 years ago I got down to 200 lbs doing HIIT training but still had no definition. I don't eat too bad and drink a lot of water and no beer. I really feel like just giving up working out cause it seems to go nowhere. Sorry about the long intro but looking forward to talking with everyone.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    U can get to what ever u put your mind to! I would suggest visiting the diet section and posting up your stats and diet there.

Other then that what's your training like? How many days do u lift? How long? Heavy, light, mid weight? Rep range? How do u feel Dearing the gym mentally and how do u feel after working out? Did u truly work out hard enough.
    These are all things to tell us so we can best help u.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Also are u on any gear?

Wwharto is offline New Member
    I lift at least 3 days a week with mid weights. I do 10-12 reps with a minute break. I feel good during the workout but don't really see any results. I am sweating when I leave the gym and have some soreness afterwards. My time in the gym is usually 45-60 minutes with cardio added at the end. And I'm not on any gear. I had to look that up.

djgreen is offline Senior Member
    its just as much about diet as it is training imo also if you have been doing the same workouts your body will adapt and stop responding so you have to switch it try using heavy weight to failure and doing drop sets

Mitch535 is offline Junior Member
    Try changing things up. Lift heavier weights for 6-8 reps and cut your rest to 20-30 seconds. If you are doing a complex movement like a squat, instead of doing a short rest period like I just described, superset another lift in to keep moving while giving your legs adequate rest. Shrugs are a good example of a quick movement you can do in between squat sets. That will up your intensity and shock your body by using a heavier workload.

And as has been stated, diet is probably the most important facet of this game. Get your diet dialed in. Having a good definition to your body involves more than eating fewer calories.

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Working out is the easy part....learning how to eat and then doing it, isn't. Go to the diet/nutrition forum and learn what tdee is, then calculate yours based upon your goals. Eating is far more complex and important than is often given credit.

KBall32 is offline Junior Member
    I'm 44 6'4 245 and I can completely relate to your story. I can tell you the difference for me was diet, intensity, and cardio. I would go to the gym the same amount as now pick a weight and do the 10-12 reps in my head and walk around for a minute and do it again. Pick up the intensity and switch things up as Mitch said above. Super set with no rest and then rest 20-30 seconds. I would bet your diet is the culprit 95%. Until I logged on MyFitnessPal I thought I was eating right, but had no idea about TDEE and Macros. You probably aren't getting enough Protein, bad Carbs, too much fat. Dial this in, Lift intense to failure, and change things up, and do cardio and you will blast through this Plateau.
    73rr likes this.

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Remember that our musculature is genetics and besides some ludicrous surgical intervention you can't really change it.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You just need to get lean enough to see the definition. Just keep at it and it'll come. Be patient, learn, work on the things you can fix and train/eat/sleep hard.

Blog Entries
    If you're past your first 6 months or so lifting...And you aren't eating enough protein and food in general...You are going to progress significantly slower than you would if you had a goal...For example...You eat under the calories you need to maintain weight one day...You eat aloe the amount to maintain weight the next...There is no consistency there...Post your diet and post EXACTLY how you train and what your split is...We'll have you sorted in no time...

PS: Do not give up...People who give up always end up back at it in a few years and they're never better than before and always wonder what it would have been like if they continued and didn't stop..

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Same here, I use to lift when I was in my mid 20's and nothing - weight up, weight down - I still looked like a walking pile of crap

Then juice came, lots of juice + lots of protein, 4 year of lifting & I look better than 95% at the fools at my local gyms
    Khazima and here2grow like this.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by < <Samson> > View Post
    Same here, I use to lift when I was in my mid 20's and nothing - weight up, weight down - I still looked like a walking pile of crap

Then juice came, lots of juice + lots of protein, 4 year of lifting & I look better than 95% at the fools at my local gyms

Low T probs :/

< <Samson> > is offline Neurologically Intact
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by davidtheman100 View Post
    Low T probs :/

Exactly!

When I was younger, I had no clue about any of this whatsoever.

I am working out, eating well - And nothing - Oh wait, my total test level is barely over 300

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    There is quite a bit more than just SHBG-bound testosterone or unbound testosterone that contributes as a collective whole to muscular development. It's always advised to exhaust all plausible avenues in increasing your ability to perform and grow before you inevitably accept the difficult journey with AAS use. Obviously it's just my own personal opinionated perception, but I feel a lot of individuals hastily jump to chemical enhancement in hopes of providing some compensation.

What is your body fat percentage Wwharto? It's known that the aromatase enzyme responsible for the enzymatic conversion of testosterone>estradiol (E2) is heavily found in our adipose tissue and it's can be said that having excessive quantities of fat tissue could potentiate the concentration of circulating oestrogens.

Also, even though someone may sustain a hypocaloric state it doesn't necessarily mean that weight will be lost. If there isn't enough fluctuations with caloric intake for the beneficial effects from changing variables and nullifying biological adaptations then you enter a plateau. Depending on how long you've been existing in this rather static state it does have the potential for being remarkably more difficult to leave your plateau in comparison to how simple it was to create it.

A lot of people say they eat properly. I used to do it all the time, but sometimes you have to disregard you're conscious and take a look at your daily activity. There is a big difference between the occasional feast that may peak at 3000-4000 calories and consistently hitting 5000, 6000, or 7000 calories daily and conscientiously choosing appropriate sources for those calories.
    Last edited by Splifton; 10-09-2015 at 03:55 PM.

Thread Information