cpjones13 is offline New Member

Cardio....on an empty stomach???!?!!

I've read alot of posts that say doing 30-45 min. of cardio on an empty stomach (i.e. first thing in the morning) is a good thing. I'm afraid that I'll pass out if I do that...is this a general rule of thumb for fitness experts?? Any help would be appreciated!

Buddha_Red is offline Senior Member
    What are your stats? what kind of diet?

the only time i get into a bit of trouble is when i hit a hardcore ECA before i hit the gym.

The only other time i wanna pass out is leg day, but thats a different story hehe

You shouldnt be working so hard to pass out on cardio anyways.

figure out your target heart rate ( the intensity is lower than you think)
    then do 4 mins flat, 4 mins 10% incline. (adjust this for your fitness level) and do that 30-45 mins. for me its the best way. try it out

it does wonders for the fat loss, and just all around makes me more healthy.

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    IMO as long as you got a good meal the night before and drink some water in the mourning then you shouldnt have a problem. I do it all the time.

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    if i eat breakfast and then go an do cardio, is it still beneficial or would i be wasting time? I just feel that by the time i get to the gym and do the cardio and come home, it'll be up for 2 hours without eating

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    if i eat breakfast and then go an do cardio, is it still beneficial or would i be wasting time? I just feel that by the time i get to the gym and do the cardio and come home, it'll be up for 2 hours without eating
    Your wasting time bro, why eat before you go?? Your going to tap into the macros you just consumed!! This beats the whole purpose of going to do cardio on a empty stomach.

I am guessing that the night before you did all you could do with your PWO meals to replenish your glocogen stores. The only way I would eat before a morning training session is if I was doing maybe some HIT cardio for a period of time and what i would be consuming would be some type of carb source or if I was doing weight training in the A.M.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

HiFi is offline Associate Member
    doesnt cardio burn calories whether you do it on an empty stomach or not.. so cardio after a meal would burn away those calories i ate and id be consuming less calories for the day, thus burning fat? or no?

nevaenuf is offline Senior Member
    Yeah but you need to keep the calories from your breakfast to build muscle.

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFi
    doesnt cardio burn calories whether you do it on an empty stomach or not.. so cardio after a meal would burn away those calories i ate and id be consuming less calories for the day, thus burning fat? or no?
    You body would tap into the food sourse you just ate and use them food energy. When all along your cardio session was meant to burn the fat that your body was holding. I wouldnt worry about consuming less calories through the day but eating the right amount of food to keep muscle and not gain fat.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Thread Information