Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By novastepp

Thread: 30 min legs

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member

30 min legs

Ok so I only have about 30 min (45 min counting drive).
    Should I just squat until I can't move my legs or what's your idea of a killer 30 min leg workout?

RigPig is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 73rr
    Ok so I only have about 30 min (45 min counting drive). Should I just squat until I can't move my legs or what's your idea of a killer 30 min leg workout?
    IMO if you're rushed, stuck to machines. Leg Press, Raises ect.
    Squatting in a hurry has greater risk of injury. Easier to keep your form on the machines.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    By far the best workout I've tried and still go for right now is a russian routine (damn these russians).
    It is not for everyone and it will take ALOT of your mentality, but you can do it in 30min and will most likely get great results.

Basically you start with 60-70% of your max 1rp deep sqaut weight and do it 10x10. Rest between 2-5min on each set.
    HURTS! But so damn awesome!

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    Ok so I only have about 30 min (45 min counting drive). Should I just squat until I can't move my legs or what's your idea of a killer 30 min leg workout?
    Off the top of my head,

5 min walk on treadmill or elliptical including stretching.
    Superset let extensions and hamstring curls and prefatigue your legs with 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps of light weight (5-10mins). Resting 1 min between sets.
    Pick your compound leg movement (squats, leg press, hack squat, etc) perform a light warm up set, then a "feeler set" or 2 to determine your weight. (3-5 mins)
    Load the appropriate weight for you to work intensely to failure at 6-8 reps. You MUST explode and hit failure. This is a single working set. (1-3) mins
    You can choose to perform a drop set, or two, if this is possible for you. You would most likely hit about 3-4 reps on each drop set (1-2 mins if performed).
    You have approx 5 mins left, during which you can stretch and cool down, or you could grab DBs and perform a set of walking lunges to failure.

Hopefully it won't take you 10 mins to walk to your car.
    Nick147 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Off the top of my head,

Superset let extensions and hamstring curls and prefatigue your legs with 2-3 sets of 15-20 reps of light weight (5-10mins). Resting 1 min between sets.
    Pick your compound leg movement (squats, leg press, hack squat, etc) perform a light warm up set, then a "feeler set" or 2 to determine your weight. (3-5 mins)
    Load the appropriate weight for you to work intensely to failure at 6-8 reps. You MUST explode and hit failure. This is a single working set. (1-3) mins
    You can choose to perform a drop set, or two, if this is possible for you. You would most likely hit about 3-4 reps on each drop set (1-2 mins if performed).
    You have approx 5 mins left, during which you can stretch and cool down, or you could grab DBs and perform a set of walking lunges to failure.

Wish I seen this earlier!!! Thanks navo

What I wound up doing

5 min walk fast pass treadmill raised all the way up
    6 sets squat light weight
    4 sets leg raises
    Then calf exercise for 15 min

Not my best workout but for the time I had it wasn't to bad!

And yes some how I was out of the gym within that 30 min but was still a little late to work! O well

Wish I seen this earlier!!! Thanks navo What I wound up doing 5 min walk fast pass treadmill raised all the way up 6 sets squat light weight 4 sets leg raises Then calf exercise for 15 min Not my best workout but for the time I had it wasn't to bad!
    30 mins is enough time to warm up and blast a body part, as long as you are feeling it! I would smash a hack squat set until absolute failure in that time. Do some lu gets and freaking hobble out.

To be honest, if you do that there set much else you would need to do.

Buster Brown is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think that 30 minutes is a bit rushed to do a leg workout unless you are sticking to a HIT program. I think HIT is great but I only include it in one training cycle per year to avoid adaptation. I believe that implementing some PL training in your leg workout is absolutely essential to get stronger and grow. This is beneficial because the PL training will get you stronger hence you will be able to move more weight when training for hypertrophy. Doing something like this can be beneficial for strength and hypertrophy:
    Warmup exercise: 4x10
    Hatfield squats 8/6/5/3/3/3/ strength
    Front squats 8/8/6/6/6 size
    This would be an example of the quad portion of your workout then move onto hamstrings .....calves as well if you have enough in the tank or do them on a separate day.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    I think that 30 minutes is a bit rushed to do a leg workout unless you are sticking to a HIT program. I think HIT is great but I only include it in one training cycle per year to avoid adaptation. I believe that implementing some PL training in your leg workout is absolutely essential to get stronger and grow. This is beneficial because the PL training will get you stronger hence you will be able to move more weight when training for hypertrophy. Doing something like this can be beneficial for strength and hypertrophy:
    This would be an example of the quad portion of your workout then move onto hamstrings .....calves as well if you have enough in the tank or do them on a separate day.
    That's a great looking quad torcher, BB!

Nick147 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by novastepp View Post
    Off the top of my head,

Thanks, that's what I need!

Invictest is offline New Member
    Leg Extension 4-5sets

Hamstring Curl 4-5sets

Calves with any time you can fit in

**Also barbell lounges are killer for sculpting legs**

Splifton is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictest View Post
    Leg Extension 4-5sets

Hamstring Curl 4-5sets

Calves with any time you can fit in

**Also barbell lounges are killer for sculpting legs**
    You shouldn't treat your calves like they are something that you can just fit in when it's most convenient!

Quote Originally Posted by Splifton View Post
    You shouldn't treat your calves like they are something that you can just fit in when it's most convenient!
    I do agree with this comment.

Yes this is one of my older questions on this forum.

When it comes to calve. So many ppl just slack off! It kills me! That's like not working out your arms.
    Think about being on a beach in your swimming suit. What do u see? Upper body of course and ?????? Calves!

That being said, u MUST KILL calves

ggerman is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Buster Brown View Post
    Nice. Will give it a try soon.

Thread Information