tice1212 is offline Productive Member

cardio during bulking?

Hey boys so I'm mind is a little confused. So I was doing an hour of low intensity cardio after my training session. Now this is what I'm asking.
    TDEE 3000
    My surplus is 500. So without cardio my bulking TDEE is 3500 calories a day but if I do my cardio I have to eat 4000 calories to be in a bulk.
    So I was thinking about cutting out the cardio because eating 4k of clean food is hard and expensive.
    Is there any benefits in doing low intensity cardio if I'm bulking? I'm pretty sure I know the answer but I want to hear what u guys think because I can't imagine not doing cardio lol. Thanks boys

novastepp is offline Have You Picked a Fight Lately?
    The advantage is if you are unhappy with any fat gain you may be experiencing.

However, in your case, I think an hour of low-intensity cardio AFTER weights is very detrimental to gains. I usually don't recommend anything beyond 20mins after training. You will already be depleted, so 20 mins may help, but beyond that I always fear guys will become catabolic.

In regard to the caloric needs, I think you could continue to do what you are doing there, if you are happy with it, and maybe do your cardio, fasted, in the morning for 30 mins.

Doing cardio does not have to be simply for fat loss, it improves overall health, especially cardiovascular health so it definitely serves a purpose.

Again, cardio while bulking is simply to mitigate unwanted fat gain, so if that isn't an issue for you, you can reduce it or cut it out.

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I would just do 20-30 minutes walking on the treadmill keeping your heart rate in the fat burning zone. For most of us that's under130 bpm I usually keep mine around 110

tice1212 is offline Productive Member
    Okay guys I will keep my cardio at 20 mins pwo. I guess my problem is I don't want to get fat while bulking lol. But if I'm in a surplus I will be putting on excess fat anyways right?
    Should I up my bulking TDEE to 3600 with the extra 20 mins cardio?

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    If you are counting your calories and keeping the food clean with thee cardio right after lifting you shouldn't put on much fat

Thread Information