Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mikegilbert1986

Thread: deads And squats same week

mikegilbert1986 is offline Associate Member

deads And squats same week

am i the only one who gets intense lower back pain from squatting and deadlifting split days of course in a 5 day split spread apart. idk why but i feel the squats really kill my lower back whil im squating im fine its later or the next day all be driveing and i cant even bare to sit in my car seat. i took off from squating for about 4 weeks and was really working on my deads with no reall lower back issues. legs i was doing hacks squat machine press and leg pressing and got good workouts in on just doing that. now i got back on squats first day i prymid up to a heavy tripl and did one back off set next day pain. now today warming up on deads boom i felt i snaped some shit up now my back feels swollin as shit and hurts bad. im just tired of lower back pain think about droping the squat for good and just doing deads. cause doing bother seems to be to much or i could alternate weekly but that seems like it would be tuff to progress squating or deadlifting 2 times a month.

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    May want to look into your form or lower the weights. You shouldn't be getting pain from squats.

DROY is offline Associate Member
    My lower back used to bother me but I am lucky and it seems alright now. On Mondays I squat working up to my heavy sets at 5 sets of 4 reps. After that I do romanian deads at 5 sets of 8. On thursday I do deads with 5 heavy sets of 4, and then I do leg presses with 5 heavy sets of 4. Usually on friday my back and legs are a little stiff but no pain.
    Have you had someone check out your squats to see if they are correct? Sometimes people lean too much or tuck their butt underneath at the bottom, and these both can cause back pain.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikegilbert1986 View Post
    am i the only one who gets intense lower back pain from squatting and deadlifting split days of course in a 5 day split spread apart. idk why but i feel the squats really kill my lower back whil im squating im fine its later or the next day all be driveing and i cant even bare to sit in my car seat. i took off from squating for about 4 weeks and was really working on my deads with no reall lower back issues. legs i was doing hacks squat machine press and leg pressing and got good workouts in on just doing that. now i got back on squats first day i prymid up to a heavy tripl and did one back off set next day pain. now today warming up on deads boom i felt i snaped some shit up now my back feels swollin as shit and hurts bad. im just tired of lower back pain think about droping the squat for good and just doing deads. cause doing bother seems to be to much or i could alternate weekly but that seems like it would be tuff to progress squating or deadlifting 2 times a month.
    What day are you deading on... Leg day of back day?? I wouldn't do my standard deads on a leg day maybe change up to get in sumo deads etc so your doing both... Try putting deads w/back and are you warming up/stretching b4 you squat?? Are you taking d-Bol? If so that could be a part of it

I agree you should not be getting back pain from squatting... This tells me one major thing... your core is very weak as well as your whole posterior chain! Your core isn't keeping your spine neutral making you lean forward I'm betting(while slightly rounding your thoracic spine)... Go lighter and get your form back, number one! Don't ever do legs followed by back or vice versa as they are our biggest BPs... And my off days often follow back and leg day... Some things to think about...

What good is it squatting for 3 reps if it's causing pain and I'm assuming your form is off... IMHO you'd be better of squatting 225 for reps than doing a 5x5 or 5x3 etc

i just started anadrol 5 days ago maybe that what it is dragon pharma anadrol. gonna drop it now i order some taurine maybe all try later with that see how that goes..

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3
    What day are you deading on... Leg day of back day?? I wouldn't do my standard deads on a leg day maybe change up to get in sumo deads etc so your doing both... Try putting deads w/back and are you warming up/stretching b4 you squat?? Are you taking d-Bol? If so that could be a part of it I agree you should not be getting back pain from squatting... This tells me one major thing... your core is very weak as well as your whole posterior chain! Your core isn't keeping your spine neutral making you lean forward I'm betting(while slightly rounding your thoracic spine)... Go lighter and get your form back, number one! Don't ever do legs followed by back or vice versa as they are our biggest BPs... And my off days often follow back and leg day... Some things to think about... What good is it squatting for 3 reps if it's causing pain and I'm assuming your form is off... IMHO you'd be better of squatting 225 for reps than doing a 5x5 or 5x3 etc
    my split
    chest
    back
    shoulder
    arms
    legs
    off
    off
    i droped some weights about 15 pounds lost alot of strenth was working in higher rep range lost alot of strenth on all my compounds. so what im doing is trying to come back up with my strenth so what im trying is prymid up heavy with all my compounds then all 8-12 rep isolation exercises just an idea to get my strenth long with size up..

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    i just started anadrol 5 days ago maybe that what it is dragon pharma anadrol. gonna drop it now i order some taurine maybe all try later with that see how that goes..
    I wouldn't say it's the drol unless it's actually d-bol(I asked about the d-Bol b/c of the low back pumps are brutal sometimes...

Hows your CNS feel(taxed)?... Do you feel nauseous after your w/o's? Any heartburn? Taurine helps with spams in my experience among others

I wouldn't say it's the drol unless it's actually d-bol(I asked about the d-Bol b/c of the low back pumps are brutal sometimes... Are you doing deadlifts on leg days, Mike? If so your probably taxing the sh!t outta your CNS... Do you feel nauseous after your w/o's? Any heartburn? Taurine helps with spams in my experience among others
    no i do conventional deads on back day only squats on leg day
    NACH3 likes this.

I wouldn't say it's the drol unless it's actually d-bol(I asked about the d-Bol b/c of the low back pumps are brutal sometimes... Hows your CNS feel(taxed)?... Do you feel nauseous after your w/o's? Any heartburn? Taurine helps with spams in my experience among others
    i actually ben feeling pretty good recently after just recently upping my cals

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    my split
    chest
    back
    shoulder
    arms
    legs
    off
    off
    i droped some weights about 15 pounds lost alot of strenth was working in higher rep range lost alot of strenth on all my compounds. so what im doing is trying to come back up with my strenth so what im trying is prymid up heavy with all my compounds then all 8-12 rep isolation exercises just an idea to get my strenth long with size up..
    Sure - there's plenty of muscle to be built in the 8-15 rep range(even for ISOs I'd go up to 12+ on certain ex's too

Try going as low as 4-6 reps and keep it changing - 8-12 8-15 6-12(my preferred rep range)

So if that's your split I would assume that your trying to bring up your chest and back & maybe delts while they lag a little behind your other BPs - I always change my split to accommodate my weak points early in the wk or what I'm trying to bring up then the BPs that were/are overshadowing my others will come up...

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    i actually ben feeling pretty good recently after just recently upping my cals
    Sounds like you just need to tweak things a bit for your goals and keep going! Plus If you still feel pain lay off a little longer... And then just start back squatting light!!

Sure - there's plenty of muscle to be built in the 8-15 rep range(even for ISOs I'd go up to 12+ on certain ex's too Try going as low as 4-6 reps and keep it changing - 8-12 8-15 6-12(my preferred rep range) So if that's your split I would assume that your trying to bring up your chest and back & maybe delts while they lag a little behind your other BPs - I always change my split to accommodate my weak points early in the wk or what I'm trying to bring up then the BPs that were/are overshadowing my others will come up...
    your right on that was just thinking of that i will i aim to fail at 5-6 reps on my heavyest anything more may be to taxing week after week. also i do need to bring my squat up i think all bring that to day one of my spilt. the only reason i had it at the end is i always feel drained for a few days after legs..

45lb is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    Sounds like you just need to tweak things a bit for your goals and keep going! Plus If you still feel pain lay off a little longer... And then just start back squatting light!!
    This is what I always do, and it works. Lay off, (just go through the motions with the bar to work on form, couple times a week), give yourself time to heal, then when you come back, you'll have a new motor pattern down, and start light for a few weeks. See if you can build back up to squatting with no back pain.

Thread Information