robertMBC is offline New Member

Post Excuse my bitching..

I've been working out on and off for about a year.. for the first few months i would be in the gym for like 3-4 hours.. then its decresed from there.. now i go every now and then and leave within 45 minutes.. i dont think its caused by lazyiness but by lack of motovation... im 6'1 215lbs about 15% BF +\-... i like working out.. but as soon as i get to the gym i feel tired and unwilling to continue.. is there a easy way to motovate my self?

Juggernaut is offline AR Jester
    Three to four hours? No wonder you get burned out. Well no matter what I don't think anyone can keep up with that. Good thing you did slack off. Ha

Robert, what's your routine look like? What parts on what day, what exercises? Do you workout in the morning or afternoon. What are your goals? Are you on AS or natural? Give us some more info.

Achieving my GOAL, that’s what, motivates me. I set my long range goal then I set a lot of short term goals to keep me on track. The closer I get to my goal the more motivation I get. IMO

Jugg

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    3-4 hours?? WTF!!??? What ever your goals were this had to be the most counter productive way to get to them. Either this is the case or you like to stand around and talk a-lot. Check your diet if your getting burned out before hand. Try a ECA stack 30 mins before your training session and limit your training session to 1.5 hours. This should be plenty of time to focus on any muscle group not unless you plane to do cardio after but then I wouldnt recommned doing cardio no more than 20-30 mins after a hard training session.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Chances are you are in a severe state of overtraining. You should take a week (perhaps up to 10 days) to eat and sleep very well. During that week come up with a new plan that won't overtrain you this time and be ready to attack it like an animal...

There is such thing as too much too soon.

how do u know if u are overtrained?

BIG TEXAN is offline Respected Member
    I agree with Warrior on this one.

yeah well i do a 6 days training each body part twice something like

day one - chest/bi
    day two - back/tri
    day three - legs/shoulders

repeat that again and take sunday off.. i do abs every other day.. i tend to use db's over bb's since barbells make me feel that my right is tronger then my left.. im 18 natural so far.. bench max is 225, dead is 315, squat 225 (i dont squat often...) curl 50's, and i try to do at lease 2 hours of cardio a week... i tend to work in the night time since its much less packeted.. i need to loose about 15-20 lbs to get down to single digit BF.. any ideas how that can be done? please posts diets/routines

also warrior yeah it most likely was overtrainig but it was explosive i was adding 5-10 lbs to some excersices a week.. it was fun but now it seems like a chore..

abstrack is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by robertMBC
    yeah well i do a 6 days training each body part twice something like

day one - chest/bi
    day two - back/tri
    day three - legs/shoulders

repeat that again and take sunday off.. i do abs every other day.. i tend to use db's over bb's since barbells make me feel that my right is tronger then my left.. im 18 natural so far.. bench max is 225, dead is 315, squat 225 (i dont squat often...) curl 50's, and i try to do at lease 2 hours of cardio a week... i tend to work in the night time since its much less packeted.. i need to loose about 15-20 lbs to get down to single digit BF.. any ideas how that can be done? please posts diets/routines

also warrior yeah it most likely was overtrainig but it was explosive i was adding 5-10 lbs to some excersices a week.. it was fun but now it seems like a chore..
    break up the lat day and do shoulders and legs seprate. Give you upper body a break and throw a leg day in there. I dedicate a whole day just to legs, i dont see how I could add my shoulder routine in there. Also, DO SQUAT!!! if you want big arms or any size elsewhere you're going to have to squat.
    abstrack@protonmail.com

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    You need to start giving your body parts more rest. Your split is a good one for a beginner but you seem to have out grown it. At 6'1"/215/15% you are a pretty good size - and chances are your limit strength is pretty tollerable to heavy loads. The heavier these loads become the more your muscle's structure will adapt - but your organs and CNS don't adapt. Which is probably the reason why you are starting to feel sluggish... your system needs more recovery per muscle group so it can heal.

This is a time to start advancing your split. Here is one option:

Day 1 - Quads/Hams/Calves
    Day 2 - Chest/Delts/Abs
    Day 3 - REST
    Day 4 - Back/Traps/Calves
    Day 5 - Biceps/Triceps/Abs
    Day 6 - REST
    Day 7 - REST
    REPEAT

Also, pay special attention to dialing in your diet. Protein is the building blocks to increased muscle mass... you must have an adequate amount of daily protein based on your lean body mass. MutiVits and added Vitamin C will help your immune system, recovery rate and overall bodily functions.

Thenx warrior, i have some whey protine with amino acids, creatine, multiVit, Vit K, ALA, Glutamine, xenadrine ephedra free.. something i brought way back and havnt used in a while they just lay around now.. well i would like too cut a bit of fat so i can look somewhat muscular instead of the football player physique i have now.. I was wondering why did you combine chest/delts? and also i have pretty huge calves i can donkey reise above 550 lbs.. so im going to do calves once and do forearms twice a week.. as for a diet i might start doing a keto which is high in protine.. oh also http://ratz.shacknet.nu/MKD.html whats your opinion on that?

Thread Information