Like Tree9Likes
  • 1 Post By The Deadlifting Dog
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 2 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By krugerr
  • 4 Post By Scabtree

Thread: Are deadlifts the best single exercise to build muscle mass?

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarasoft11 View Post
    I read about Why deadlifts are the best exercise to build muscle mass
    and its basically saying that if you can only do one exercise in order to gain muscle, deadlifts would be the top choice, followed by squats and then bench press.

I am really bad at deadlifts because I have naturally weak and skinny forearms and my grip is terrible (always have to use gloves or straps otherwise my grip will fail me early)

Is there any alternative exercise that is as effective as building mass as the deadlift?
    No. But just use straps. Very important to not let the forearms deceide which weigth the back and thghs are gonna get.
    Unless you are a powerlifter, straps should be a must.
    You can train forarms another day with even more effective exercises.

Tarasoft11,

He strikes again!!!
    Please ignore any post by the OP.
    He keeps referring people to the same outside website.
    Not sure what his motives are but one of his threads tried to infect me with a virus.
    almostgone likes this.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Tarasoft11,

He strikes again!!!
    Not sure what his motives are but one of his threads tried to infect me with a virus.
    Lol I saw his name and was curious if he was still linking to that site..sure enough..

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by The Deadlifting Dog View Post
    Tarasoft11,

He strikes again!!!
    His links put my AV software in high gear. Perhaps it will be addressed soon.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It's only an url shortener website, nothing suspicious. It points to some news website
    Last edited by hammerheart; 08-25-2016 at 12:49 AM.

I read about (cut)
    and its basically saying that if you can only do one exercise in order to gain muscle, deadlifts would be the top choice, followed by squats and then bench press.

I am really bad at deadlifts because I have naturally weak and skinny forearms and my grip is terrible (always have to use gloves or straps otherwise my grip will fail me early)

Is there any alternative exercise that is as effective as building mass as the deadlift?
    Then train your hands. Plate pinches, wrist curls, grippers... why limit yourself.
    Last edited by hammerheart; 08-25-2016 at 12:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarasoft11
    I know right. I even posted a screenshot of me on the webpage I linked to, and these guys are trying to frame me saying Im spreading a virus. Lmao
    Then please explain why every thread you start references the exact same web page.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    I know right. I even posted a screenshot of me on the webpage I linked to, and these guys are trying to frame me saying Im spreading a virus. Lmao
    How can you post your screenshot on a webpage??

Are you the webmaster/designer??

That website is kind of strange. The articles are poorly written and uninformative. Not even the writer name is reported. The social links in the upper-right corner are empty lol.

Are you affiliated with this website?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    That website is kind of strange. The articles are poorly written and uninformative. Not even the writer name is reported. The social links in the upper-right corner are empty lol.

Trust me. There are multiple popups and junk associated with the URLs he is posting. It will link to Facebook knockoff links, links claiming you have won a prize, links claiming your system is infected.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post

Nail on the head.

Its either his, or a friends. He is trying to direct traffic to it due to the high volume of traffic here. Even a low conversion rate would be a result.
    Wheres that Ban Hammer?

no there is not
    Strange. Both my phone and tablet are getting crap with everything you post.
    krugerr and NACH3 like this.

krugerr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    its not my site lol
    You're promoting it for someone. That, or you're with a stupid MLM and trying to get rewards for views you direct.
    almostgone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Strange. Both my phone and tablet are getting crap with everything you post.
    Also, this only occurs with your links, and I'm not the only one who is experiencing this.

Scabtree is offline Associate Member
    Yep, you guys are right, the OP is directing traffic to this site. In addition, if the site detects a mobile device it will trigger a redirect to the malware page.

This will need to stop.

OP: It would be in your best interest to upgrade your unimpressive Wordpress site to a newer version. Wordpress v4.3.1 has multiple vulnerabilities and publicly published exploits.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Scabtree View Post
    Yep, you guys are right, the OP is directing traffic to this site. In addition, if the site detects a mobile device it will trigger a redirect to the malware page.

This will need to stop.

OP: It would be in your best interest to upgrade your unimpressive Wordpress site to a newer version. Wordpress v4.3.1 has multiple vulnerabilities and publicly published exploits.
    Nice Scabtree... Exposed!

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I guess it depends on what your real life applications will be. It's good all around back, legs etc. I like because it's movement isn't restricted and it applicable in real life. Like lifting and loading logs up into the truck etc etc. I'd say one of the top next to squats and your other basic compounds...wait so this dude doesn't not want to know about deadlifts lol ...ok. I take my comment back if I could
    Last edited by Marsoc; 08-24-2016 at 02:13 PM.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    you guys are foolish
    It has been so that in last few weeks we get all kind of shitheads registering and spamming the board with meaningless uninformative waste of space and time posts and threads. Spam.

ADMIN > Gimme that mighty Thor Ban-Hammer - I will enjoy some authority power when times come and place need to be thoughened up

is it bad to work upper back until your grip fails hard? i love putting the hurt on my upper back. something NEEDs to fail.

It is your upper back that should fail, not your grip.

yea, my upper back was failing before my grip. boys are still sore 2 days later. good deal. it was the shrugs afterward that did it.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    [QUOTE=Tlolec;7205872]yea, my upper back was failing before my grip. boys are still sore 2 days later. good deal. it was the shrugs afterward that did it.[/QUOT

You do shrugs on back day, like upper trap shrugs.? I do upper traps on shoulder day since it's working that same upper trap when you do military's etc and it's in the same area generally. and back day I'll work my ,Mid and lower traps since that's part of the whole mass of the back. Just some isolation moves that target mid or lower after my compound moves, Example chest supported rows super set with shrugs on the cable row machine. Shrug straight back. Etc etc. forearm game is good from clamping bricks all day

Thread Information