Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree78Likes

Thread: Earth gym

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Obspowerstroke View Post
    I hear you. I meant cool thread I have never seen one like this. Pretty bad ass real world objects will make you real world strong. Probably has serious strength advantages over the gym
    right, picking up something big and having an awkward grip, using good form so u don't hurt yourself etcetc..love applying my training to real world..cuz that's what im training and conditioning for..not to execute or exhort in the gym like how dross fitters do lol..seems like they train to train..so yeah..i would love to have a gym pass and use real Olympic free weights but all I have now is a bowflex and whatever else I utilize...I just increase the intensity for lack of real heavy weight..i.e super sets, multiple drop sets, triple super sets, triple drops etc..combos.. pre exhausting..and the combos can go on and on..love just hitting the random button and being like "ok im doing that today" keeps it fun and exciting

still cant get real sore though no matter what using this bowflex...im trying but the most sore I get is after a stair sprint session doing all the other leg stuff I do on that day at the park....everything else just get s a little sore for maybe 1 day or 2 days, to where I can feel it if I flex it.... but im going for that thorough deep full soreness that I can get from only using Olympic free weights and other gym equipment...
    muscle memory is a fact im sure of though I been finding out.. its been like 2 years and im just starting to ease into this again and seems like they are bouncing back in decent time with moderate sessions (moderate compared to what im use to)
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-06-2016 at 07:10 PM.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    still cant get real sore though no matter what using this bowflex...im trying but the most sore I get is after a stair sprint session doing all the other leg stuff I do on that day at the park....everything else just get s a little sore for maybe 1 day or 2 days, to where I can feel it if I flex it.... but im going for that thorough deep full soreness that I can get from only using Olympic free weights and other gym equipment...
    muscle memory is a fact im sure of though I been finding out.. its been like 2 years and im just starting to ease into this again and seems like they are bouncing back in decent time with moderate sessions (moderate compared to what im use to)
    I would sell the bowflex and buy used Olympic weights. I just bought 600-700 lbs with a squat rack and bench with leg curl arm curl and cable for about $450 combined. Facebook swap shops and craigslist. Good thing about weights is everyone wants the nice ones and very few will ever use them, so there is plenty for sale dirt cheap. Oh yeah I also got two barbells and a curling bar and two 70 lb dumbells. Bow flexes are expensive aren't they?

It's not my bowflex man. I said its my sisters and its all I got so hence it's not earth gym exactly but it's using what I got still making the best of it. Better then nothing. But yeah of course I would want used free weights. Average price for used Olympic bar plus 300 lbs of weight roughly Is like 300$ no bench. No rack or dumbbells etc that's what I been finding around here.
    . So just upping intensity to make up for lack of weight etc. I like it because it's independent grips so I get independent strength etc. Rather the more dominant muscle doing most work. And it has it s percs for constant resistance since its like a cable kinda. But uses then tension bars for weight.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-11-2016 at 04:59 PM.
    Obspowerstroke likes this.

Leg session.
    Increased the Intensity because last week I didn't feel as sore as before. Still was sore though.
    So after I did my stair sprints. Skipping every 3 steps for full extension and supersetting each climb to the top with 20 air squats for about 4 total sets I finished up that with just using the steps normally not skipping steps and sprinted up as fast as I could using short steps.
    Did a few lunges and calf raises while I was walking back to my Powerline Tower platform and there I did roughly 4 sets each leg doing one leg air squats so I added around 5 or 10 extra reps and about 2 extra sets to increase the intensity until it was failure almost
    I then did my inclined lunges up a 75 foot long uphill path as the Picture Show in the previous post, did around 3-4 full sets of those to the top to failure each time was really wobbly..

Obs
    It's not my bowflex man. I said its my sisters and its all I got so hence it's not earth gym exactly but it's using what I got still making the best of it. Better then nothing. But yeah of course I would want used free weights. Average price for used Olympic bar plus 300 lbs of weight roughly Is like 300$ no bench. No rack or dumbbells etc that's what I been finding around here.
    . So just upping intensity to make up for lack of weight etc. I like it because it's independent grips so I get independent strength etc. Rather the more dominant muscle doing most work. And it has it s percs for constant resistance since its like a cable kinda. But uses then tension bars for weight.
    It's cool it's impressive. You have a lot of drive and willpower. You are gonna be huge when you cycle. You are already a big dude.

Thanks brother. Thank you man. It's still good hearing that once in a while. Ya know. Just got lose some body fat inbetween my lower Chest and arm pits is where it's collects. Yeah man I can't wait to start and experience the benefits. I swear I noticed some recovery Increase from cardio and sessions etc. Just from a shot or two of propionate I took but had to stop cuz of certain reasons.

Obs
    Your welcome. I understand that. Hope it works out great for you.

Going to go from a powerstroke to a Cummings.

Obs
    LMAO! As long as it ain't a duramax.

LMAO! As long as it ain't a duramax.
    That's funny because we got a duramax 2008 short bed truck. My old man gets it to specs for maximum torque and to be a frikin work monster. Was wondering where they fit in. I heard the frames suck and will rot out before anything. Are the engines good. Seems OK.

Obs
    They are all good. I'm a diesel fan. Old school 7.3 powerstroke or 12 valve cummins. If it won't go 500k mi before an overhaul I wouldn't want it. I beat the Piss outta mine every day 300 miles. Duramax are a power plant I just never see that kind of longevity out of them.

Quick calf session on my rest day 2 days after leg demolition.

Went to failure absolutely each time. Literally struggled to get the last rep up barely at the end of my sets. . It took a while to finally get it up.

Did one leg then the next leg right after..no rest other then when I was doing the other leg...
    Started with 10 reps then it went down as I fatigued.

Went like this.
    10,8,7,5,4, roughly.... then drop sets.@ 3,3,3,3,3...
    Git 3 reps in. Then Getting 3 reps Max each time I dropped the weight
    for a total of 5 drop sets... . So it looked like this. 3,3,3,3,3...
    Did one leg then the other.

Rested a minute or two and did body weight standing calf raises. Placed my toes on a step for full stretch. And burnt out at around 12 reps. Did about 3 sets
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-13-2016 at 11:10 PM.

Found this few hundred pound rock. At least 350lbs. Moved it roughly 50 feet up a river to the edge of a waterfall I found. This was during a ruck with 80 lbs of sand in my MOLLE pack. On a horse trail. So I incorporated some of my training to aid me. I.e dead lifts / Atlis stone lift. etc. love training that aids me in real life applications
    You're a crazy SOB, but strong!

Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post

You're a crazy SOB, but strong!
    Lol. Thanks brother . Ur not so bad urself.

Just was splitting some wood the other day. No big cardio or anything. Just slot of lifting. Lower back, legs and using core strength staying erect holding the big sections out in front of me. Slamming them on the ground a few times knocking bugs off. Then throwing them up on the log splitter.

Tomorrow will be glorious. It is chest day. To be continued ...

ironbeck is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Checking in bro. Nice thread lol. I believe plyometrics and using nothing but your imagination is underrated. You can achieve being truly athletic "real time" by using nothing but body weight. mixing it up is always nice though.Keep up the good work.

Obs
    Just was splitting some wood the other day. No big cardio or anything. Just slot of lifting. Lower back, legs and using core strength staying erect holding the big sections out in front of me. Slamming them on the ground a few times knocking bugs off. Then throwing them up on the log splitter.

Tomorrow will be glorious. It is chest day. To be continued ...
    Just moved a maple tree except hauling ass. Lucky my work gives me plenty of cardio. Just enough to get drenched in sweat a couple times a day. Splitting wood is damn good cardio with a maul. I can ring the Piss outta the hammer bell dinger game at carnivals every time. Love that game.

Steel Chest plate activated and boosted

Chest day

Switched things up a bit. Little change ups.
    (Independant strength grips so it similar to Dumbells)
    To absolute failure and beyond using drop sets. I may have stopped if I couldn't get it up all the way but I knew I was fried and didn't wanna hurt myself. But sometimes when I want to stop I had like 1 or 2 more in me. First few sets I tried slow negatives but I can't keep that up with the volume I do.

30 seconds rest roughly Inbetween the triple drop sets and what not.
    1 minute roughly Inbetween different exercises like when I'm changing the machine around
    Reps lowered naturally as I fatigued. Just dropped the weight same amount each set.

Flat bench. Triple Drop sets (1 super set added to after the very last set after last rep is finished for 1 time as a finisher )
    3 triple drop set.
    Started 10 reps dropped to 8 reps dropped to 6 reps
    8,dropped to 6,dropped to 5
    6 dropped to 5 dropped to 4 plus added a super set of flat flys. About 6 reps (little change up to "shock")

Incline was the same
    10 reps dropped to 8 reps dropped to 6 reps
    8 dropped to 6 dropped to 5
    6 dropped to 4 dropped to 3. plus super set added incline flys at 6reps.

Standing Decline cable press. I was pretty fatigued from the onslaught. Really squeezed on these though I feel it in my front delt (I can describe it by saying that it gets hot kinda ). So I am careful.

8 reps dropped to 6 reps dropped to 5 reps
    6 dropped to 5 dropped to 4
    6 dropped to 4 dropped to 3

Seated arms stretched above my head cable pull overs. I stop when my arms are at the angle and position similar when doing standing decline flys etc. as to not engage my lats after that to much.

Roughly 2 sets at first. Feeling it out. Wide or close grip..total 5 mixed sets roughly.

Did 1st set of 8 reps wide
    2nd set 8 reps closed.

Figured closed recruited more fibers so I did that.
    3rd set close grip 6 reps

Lowered weight to burn out
    4th set 10 -12 reps
    5th set. 10-12 reps.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-17-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Sucked on my milk bottle afterwords and cried like a little baby.
    Would have been nice to introduce some testosterone Aqua suspension that I'm waiting on..for a pre workout.

Man I am anxious about that stuff.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-17-2016 at 06:12 PM.

First I would like to say that God is Great

Today was my final sentencing..and it went fantastic God willing. Might as well have been slapped on the wrist but I am humble and thankful for a second chance.

Prosecutor could have as well been my defense lawyer. God willing. My lawyer said he didn't have much to say after prosecutor spoke..positive words..

Long story short I was waiting 6 months. Since I first signed up to this forum. I been easing into my training praying for. Second chance to continue and finally have this weight lifted off my shoulders.

Well today was the day it was lifted and I feel like a Cummings Diesel engine on a full aluminum body frame ..
    Soon very soon I will initiate phase one possibly. Still feeling it out. Especially waiting on pharm grade pct.
    phase 1 is super physiological introduction of compunds to aid my training and become an efficient well oiled machine. I.e. Performance, strength and recovery etc. I figure mass and asthetics will be a bonus considering my clean lean and mean bulk diet.

Waiting on Aqua suspension to kick start and pre workout implications coupled with sus250. All Maha pharm.

To be continued. The Polish Monster is coming Brother. oooohhhh YEaaahhh!!! Like Macho Man Randy Savage.

Obs
    First I would like to say that God is Great

Today was my final sentencing..and it went fantastic God willing. Might as well have been slapped on the wrist but I am humble and thankful for a second chance.

Prosecutor could have as well been my defense lawyer. God willing. My lawyer said he didn't have much to say after prosecutor spoke..positive words..

Long story short I was waiting 6 months. Since I first signed up to this forum. I been easing into my training praying for. Second chance to continue and finally have this weight lifted off my shoulders.

Well today was the day it was lifted and I feel like a Cummings Diesel engine on a full aluminum body frame ..
    Soon very soon I will initiate phase one possibly. Still feeling it out. Especially waiting on pharm grade pct.
    phase 1 is super physiological introduction of compunds to aid my training and become an efficient well oiled machine. I.e. Performance, strength and recovery etc. I figure mass and asthetics will be a bonus considering my clean lean and mean bulk diet.

Waiting on Aqua suspension to kick start and pre workout implications coupled with sus250. All Maha pharm.

To be continued. The Polish Monster is coming Brother. oooohhhh YEaaahhh!!! Like Macho Man Randy Savage.
    I want to tell you my story bad but cannot yet. I will tell you congratulations! I know EXACTLY what that's like! You are a cool dude and yes God is great! It is terrible staring down the barrel of an indictment and 99.9% of people don't know how damn easy it is for a person to go from perfectly legal upstanding citizen to being the prosecutors next example. Most cannot realize this until it happens to them. You will be a stronger man after the shit they put you through.

Thanks man. Yeah I'm very greatfull. F1 F2 F3 , 12-F5s.....fkin went nuts brother. SMH but alot was dropped or reduced.

Attachment 165909

Not alot. But still a little haul. Use this large capacity wheel barrel to get extra heavy loads of this semi wet oak wood. Load , walk doing calf raises here and there probably .stack and repeat. Just like the back of the shampoo bottle says. Would like to do back today but been busy and can't organicly ease Into a session. Plus I don't have any whey isolate left.

OK so me loading wheel barrel of wood I'd say 200+ lbs of wood since when I was walking with it doing calf raises it was getting difficult after about 7 reps or so each foot.

As I get into intensive labor I start making the best out of it and having fun challenging myself beyond the task.
    So what did I do...I'm at the bottom of a slight drop In the yard. So I would really pack the wheelbarrow and line it up. And then I'd burst into a sprint going as fast as I can in the 30' roughly that I have. Got about 8-10 sprints bursts from each leg before I had to slow down ..so I turned it Into whatever leg workout that is.

Then I moved what was left over in the large pile by grabbing a lot and pushing it off my chest like a press and tossing it about 10' to the pile . Tried doing alot to get a cardio benefit from it. Then did some throws like I was hiking a football. And that's about it ..day of no training so I try to do something at least.

Welcome to EARTH GYM

Attachment 165912

Attachment 165913

Attachment 165914

Pics go with above post. Wheelbarrow filled that I sprinted with. Loaded with semi wet pin oak. Dense hardwood.

Back day

Jet pack back session

HIT of my own variations. Plus HIIT

Drop sets , super sets (doing a different workout for the same muscle group after drop sets etc. ..
    Possible pre exhaust since I like going heavy weight high volume with back. But I don't have lol the weight I need so it will do good I think.

Split. Upper back then lower back moves.

To be continued

Ok while this is fresh in my mind kinda still...
    Afterwords I had my post WO shake but then sat in a tree stand bow hunting from 3pm till 7 pm. Couldn't feel my hands and no luck.

BACK SesSioN.

Double and triple super sets to failure for 4 sets each group.
    I did upper back first.

NOTE tht since I have to get more balance in my weight to strength ratio. I wasn't able to do as many super wide pull-ups palm away..as I was once was able to do since I started easing into training again after a 2 year downward spiral...
    But this back session only a few into since I first started again. All a sudden I was able to double my reps tht I got before. Minus detail lol. I'm self conscious right now lol (using independant strength grips similar to how dumbells give independant strength. On a bowflex )

Double super sets (one move right into another that works the same muscle group ...) 30-50 seconds rest between super sets. To recover mostly. It was a slight challenge today some reason. I loved it. And Inbetween changing the machine up for different lift I rested until I felt recovered just enough. Roughly 1 minute

Upper back -

Wide palms away pull ups. To failure
    Super set right into wide grip lat pull downs 10-12 reps failure
    Total 4 sets.

Wide grip cable rows 8 reps failure
    Super set right into mid trap shrug (arms stretched straight forward and shrug back squeezing the middle and lower traps(isolation)) 10 reps failure
    Total sets 4. Really felt the middle traps exhausting with Lactic acid on these ..

Lower back-

Triple super sets to failure ..55 seconds rest between sets to recover mostly.

Palms facing me chin ups. To failure.
    Super set right into lower lat cable rows. Elbows tucked to sides and really focused on the lower lat working. 8 reps roughly. Failure
    Super set right into laying face down on incline bench using dumbells for Y raises. (Middle but mainly lower trap isolation I'm pretty sure ). 6 reps. Failure
    Total 4 sets .

Seated cable lat pull overs. All the way up and down to my groin. And squeezed against my body.. 8 reps. 4 regular working sets. 3O seconds rest between sets. Pretty much Failure
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-22-2016 at 06:46 PM.

Ok so I'm sure I can figure out different ways to do this. But haven't gave it much thought lately. Was wheelbarrowing some loads of wood today stacking the last pile.
    The other day for back I wish I was able to do some straight leg deadlifts for my lower back. So I just did it with a loaded wheelbarrow. Nice and smooth range of motion. decent amount of weight. Didn't do a lot. Just tried it. It worked so I will do it next week.

Arm day
    Wish I had more workout options for triceps and biceps. All I can do are regular standing curls. Using independant grips on the bowflex for independant strength.

Started with biceps cuz if I did triceps first I would Ben burnt out and halfway ass the biceps. And I need to get them bigger. My triceps literally seems like they dwarf my biceps. Which I'm not complaint but I prefer balance.. even if the bicep is more aesthetic I think

Biceps first..triple drop sets to failure. 45second-1 minute rest between set to recover mostly

Started with standing , shoulder width curls.
    8 reps drop set to 6 reps drop set to 5 reps = 1 set
    3 total sets

Hammer curls. Same thing.

Triceps. Triple drop sets. To failure. No set number of reps really. But normaly at the gym I would be able to do standing tricep press downs , using the whole stack of weights and I'll pull the pin out a little and load it up with an extra 45lb plate and a 25 lb plate I think as we'll

So I started with laying down skull crushers.
    Wasn't enough weight so first set I stoped at 12 reps. Drop set to 10 reps. Dropped to 8 reps I think...just to feel out what I can do with the weights.

Was pre exhausted so next set got 10 reps, dropped to 8 reps I think then dropped to 6 reps.

3rd set I did 8,6,5 I'm not sure though.

Seated above head tricep press

8reps, drop to 6 reps, drop to 4-5 reps
    3 total sets.

Standing tricep press down.
    Normaly I could do a ton of weight with this. But I was so exhausted tht I was struggling with half tht amount.

3 total sets of triple drop sets again
    Various reps
    Roughly 8,6,4

I think since I took off longer then a week since last time because of my classes and court etc. I been really having to work and been getting nice and sore.

Mybe im just utilizing failure differently who know she. Some thing just happen to ease into itself orgnicly as I ease into this again. I always have but maybe it's because I'm getting more conditioned and going harder and harder

Wish I could devastate my biceps more. But man my triceps are thoroughly sore. ..in all 3 heads.
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-28-2016 at 11:19 AM.

Shoulder and upper trap session

Really hard to get tension all the way through on the dealt raises. I.e front or side.

But I incorporated them into my session just for some extra isolation.
    I mainly am doing compound moves until I get a gym pass and can have more variety.
    All sets to failure and beyond.
    30-seconds - 1 minute rest mainly between hard super sets.
    Using a bowflex with independent strength grips similar to how dumbbell works each muscle independently. (No gym pass yet....still )

Started with behind the neck military press super set with shoulder width upright rows-

1st set. 8reps press ,8reps upright rows

2ND set. 6 reps press , 7 upright rows.

3rd set. 5 reps presses ..super hard at this point. Barely getting it up, 6 reps upright rows
    Followed my final set up with another set of military press 7reps

This was random thrown in. But I decided to do side dealt raises. And as soon as I was done I would go into a set of front dealt raises.
    Total only 2sets
    8-10reps side dealt raises super set with
    8-10 reps front dealt raises. (Consider one set them did another set)

Standing rear dealt reverse cable fly's.
    This was my first time doing this and man they burnt my rear dealts out so nice. Compared to bent over rear dealt fly's.

Reverse rear dealt fly's super set with bent over rear dealt fly's with dumbbells
    8 reps reverse fly's
    Super set with 6-8 reps bent over rear dealt fly's.
    Did total of 4 sets like this. After my 2ND set I was already feeling the rear dealts cramp up. Was awesome.

Time for upper traps. I saved these for last so I can be pre exhausted a bit since there is not enough weight.

Did 4 sets of 8reps. of closed grip upright rows to hit the upper traps and pre exhaust before my shrugs ... opposed to shoulder wide grip which hits the dealts.

Single arm shrugs. Started doing 10 reps each side and soon as I finished the reps I did the reps on the other side. No rest besides the time inbetween one side or the other..
    Totaled about 5 reps each side last 2 sets roughly I fatigued to around 8 reps.

Did roughly 3 sets of face pulls about 8 reps each. ..

Finished up with the same process of side dealt raises into front desk raises for a total of 4 sets. 2 sets each..roughly 7reps
    Last edited by Marsoc; 10-28-2016 at 11:50 PM.

Attachment 166105Attachment 166106Been slacking on my strictness lately. A lot of work and classes I been doing. Final sentencing etc , graduation. Special occasions. Etc.

So I want to post something.

Today I had about 3 yards of compost that is high in veggie matter and tough to dig up even though it's real rich. It's real heavy from the rain lately. I filled wheelbarrows up and humped them about 150' to th garden and spot loaded
    Piles to spread later. Sweated my ass off. And tried doing calf raises whenever I was walking but that got old after the high volume of labor I wasn't doing. Switching from being right handed to left so get a close to even workout for any muscles in play. Switched to a large coal shovel for big shovels full after this pick was taken..burnt some calories I know that

That's about it. Next up is leg day
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-01-2016 at 07:26 PM.

Ok so last time I did legs was roughly 1.5 weeks ago. It took me a little longer to do every muscle group since I was busy which sucks ..I remember when I wasn't training 1.5 -2 years ago I was washing dishes part time on weekends and it was getting in the way of treaining ..

Leg day

Started with sprints up steps skipping every 3 steps for full ROM. top of each sprint To the top I super set with 20 air squats.
    Total 4 sets.

Usually walk down th path back to truck to do my 1 leg raised platform squats and incline hill lunges.
    Rather I took a breather and a lot shorter rest and did my 1 leg squats on the steps. Roughly 80 degrees leg bent stood three steps down and placed foot on the very top of stairs. Did 2 sets each leg 12reps,12,10reps,10

Walk the 1/4 mile back to truck usually doing calf raises but this time after my calf raises for about 150' I ran back to the truck.

Did 2 more raised platform sets. 25reps each leg

Incline hill lunges. Roughly 80' long and roughly 30degrees incline. 4 sets total
    1 to the top
    2nd,3rd,4th I mad early it half way before my legs started failing and I was falling over ..

Ok normaly I'm done. Go home have my whey , diner etc..

This time I went home , mixed my 50grams hydrolized whey isolate with milk

Drove 8minutes to my sisters and finished up with some post exhaustion moves

Leg extension super sets with air squats ..
    3 sets total
    15reps super set w/10 air squats.
    12 reps, super set w/ 10 squats
    12 reps, super with 10 squats

Standing Leg curls
    3 sets total
    10reps,10rep,8reps

Done

Attachment 166133

Attachment 166132

Attachment 166131

Steps I sprint ..trying to show how steep they are. Pics don't do justice.

Wow man I had no idea. I currently weight 205 lbs...at 14% body fat.

Chest day

Due to me being busy with everything and everyone else's to do list
    It's been a little more then a week roughly 1.35 weeks since last chest day or so. So I was a little less effiective I feel from the rest ..thoughsometimes it real good and I come back a biT stronger

Decided to do super sets (same muscle group but different move right after the first lift)
    Using independant grips on a bowflex. For independent strength and stabilizers
    45-55 seconds rest between sets (one lift super set with another considered 1 set)
    All to failure

Flat bench 3 total sets (really burned in the inner chest at first ..like intensely )made me want to stop
    10 reps flat bench start wide touch hands and squeeze on top of lift-super set with 8 reps flat bench flys
    Then 8reps , super set with 7 reps
    Then 8reps, super with 6 reps

Incline bench super set with incline flys- 3 total set with super sets
    Same rep scheme roughly. To failure

Standing decline press super set with standing decline flys -3 total sets with super set

Same rep scheme roughly .to failure

Seated pull overs. Regular sets. Arms raised above head and pull over till arms are in the position used for decline flys angle etc. 30seconds rest between sets

1 warm up set to figure weight
    3 working sets roughly 10reps, 8, 8

Ended with loading heavy weight on and did multiple strip down set flat bench flys
    Started with 3 reps stripped weight and did 3 reps, and continued this till there was no weight I.e reps- 3,3,3,3,3,3

Finish session
    Last edited by Marsoc; 11-07-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Damn. How long did that take?

Damn. How long did that take?
    That was probably around 35-45 minutes.

Ya see as i train like when I started. 4 years ago after not training beside hard labor since high school 12 years ago ..I find out I didn't know shit about the science of things.

So before my downfall 1.5 years ago. I got to 220lbs natural.
    I studied various health sites. Like muscle and fitness. Found out what moves work what and what's proven, got an idea about dieting and foods , supplements. And what's worth it. Various intensity methods like HIIT with no rest between moves and like 30seconds between total set (triple,drop sets with a post exhaust move is considered one set ). HIT method And different intensity increasers like drop sets, super set, pre and post exhaust, isolations Etc

I took an average of what I read and I did trial and error and considered what is logical and real to me and spit out the hype garbage that sheep follow.
    The soreness test by seeing what moves works what the Most etc.

So at first I was in the gym for like 2-3 hours literally but that's before I read about catabolism , and how the body produces a stress hormone that attacks muscle and deems ur workout useless. So I heard tomkeep it short and intense. In and out. Even though I loved being in the gym for hours. I would gomlate when nobody is there.
    So I started doing HIIT and short rest between sets and now a session for me is roughly 1 hour at most. Maybe longer if i had a gym pass. Like 1.35 hours. But I been doing about 45 minutes session. Leg day it's longer cuz I'm at the park walking from spot to spot.

Get in get out. And start recovery sooner.

But on cycle i can hit them 2.5 hour sessions now again I'm thinking. I heard Arnold Schwarzenegger had 3 hours session but because he was on roids so....a benifet that i like about cycling.

Back session

Super sets or super set plus drop set combo is considered 1 set ) 45-55 second rest between set and sometimes 1minute for harder lifts .little more then Normal HIIT. I usually do 30seconds rest between but been wanting to recover more prior to next set.

Upper back-
    3 sets of Wide grip pull ups to failure super set with lat pull downs 8reps

Lower back-
    * little closer grip then shoulder width. To keeps elbows parallel with sides smother movement no flaring.
    *3 sets chin ups to failure super set with seated rows 7-8reps (elbows tucked To side for lower lats

Upper back -
    3 sets of Seated wide grip rows 6-8reps failure super set with arms stretched forward shrug straight back for middle traps isolation to failure 10-12 reps

Lower back-
    T-bar rows (instead of weight loaded on one side of Olympic bar bell and the other end shoved on the corner of room using the v grip ) I stood in the position similar to bent over rows and hooked the cables together and joined the grips close. So I could keep elbows tucked to side and pull to my belly button area..lower lat and lower trap )
    1 practice set of them to figure weight and set up
    4 working sets of t bar rows, 15-20 reps. (Since there wasn't enough weight. At all lol ) super set with standing Y raises with dumbells to failure (roughly 8-10reps) drop set and do another set of Y raises to failure (roughly 6reps)

Those three moves considered 1 full set.
    Note* for the Y raises. It accused to me that doing face down on incline bench the apex of the weight is a total the top of lift but when i lower it the resistance decreases. And if I did standing it's pretty much opposite

So I did standing Y raises but when my arms where near the top of the lift I would drop my hips and lean a little forward so that the resistance stays full throughout the whole lift because my arms aren't straight up where the weight is relieved. . Fucking genius lol. Reallly felt it work.

Wanted to finish with seated cable lat pullovers..I got like 2 working sets of 8 reps and thought since I just did them the way I do them on chest day which was 1.5 days ago. I didn't want to stress my chest much so I quit.

Back felt thick and as wide as my truck tail gate

EARTH gym over and out. Get you some !!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread Information