NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member

something wrong with my workout?

I've been working out for a few years now and i haven't been having as much success as i wanted. Week after week i stay at the same weight as i did the week before and it's been getting really frustrating. I've been eating like hell so i don't think it's the diet that's keeping me from bulking up so here's my workout...

Mon:
    Flat bench: 6x5x4x3
    Incline: 8x8x8
    Decline: 8x8x8
    skull crushers: 10x10x10
    Cable flies: 10x10x10
    Tricep pulldowns: 10x10x10
    dips: 2 sets until failure

Tues:
    pull ups: 2 sets until failure
    Lat pulldowns: 8x8x8
    upright rows: 8x8x8
    DB rows: 8x8x8
    cable rows: 10x10x10
    barbell curls: 10x10x10
    preacher curls: 8x8x8
    isolated curls: 8x8x8

Thurs:
    Squat: 6x5x4x3
    Hip sled: 10x10x10
    leg curls: 8x8x8
    standing calves: 10x10x10
    seated calves: 10x10x10

Friday:
    DB shoulders: 8x8x8
    shoulder press: 8x8x8
    military: 8x8x8
    barbell shrugs: 10x10x10
    DB shrugs: 8x8x8
    upright rows: 10x10x10
    lateral/forward raises: 10x10x10

If you guys find any alterations you tihnk would be beneficial or any suggestions, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    What are your goals? Like are you more into power lifting body building?

One thing I would change is not ot go under 6 reps on any of your lifts. I think anything lower is just a waste. I try to stay between 8 and 12 reps but that works for me.

I would try something like this... JMO
    Don't worry about reps hit the muscle hard and try to get 8 - 12 reps

Mon:
    Flat bench: 3 Sets
    Incline: 4 Sets
    Decline: 3 Sets
    DB flies: 3 Sets

skull crushers: 4 Sets
    Tricep pulldowns: 4 Sets
    Weighted dips: 4 Sets

Tues:
    Pull ups front: 4Sets
    BB rows: 4 Sets
    cable rows: 4 Sets

barbell curls: 3 Sets
    preacher curls: 3 Sets
    isolated or hammer curls: 3 Sets
    ******Throw some forearm exersices in here*****

Thurs:
    Squat: 5 Sets
    Hip sled: 5 Sets
    leg curls: 5 Sets

standing calves: 10x10x10
    seated calves: 10x10x10

Friday:
    **DB shoulders: 3 sets
    **shoulder press: 3 sets
    **military: 3 sets
    Side laterials 3 sets
    Bent over laterials 3 sets
    upright rows: 3 sets
    ***barbell shrugs: 4 sets
    ***DB shrugs: 4 sets

**Pick only one of these 3 to do
    ***Pick only only one these 2 to do

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Have you really been "eating like hell?" You gotta eat a lot to gain weight, man. I'm on a bulking cycle right now and this is what my food plan looks like.

10:00 - 4 eggs/bowl of cereal = 32g protein

12:30 - protein shake = 44g protein

4:00 - chicken alfredo, 1/2 can tuna, 1/2 pizza, handful of peanuts = around 60g protein

6:30 - protein shake = 44g protein

9:30 - steak, yogurt, bowl of cereal, 1/2 can tuna, toast = about 50g protein

12:00 - protein shake with milk = 52g protein

4 or 5 AM - protein shake = 44g protein

AND don't forget the water! Muscle is 70% water so you have to drink a lot. It helps with food absorption also.

Just an example, I'm about 187 and on Mag-10 (androstendione) and Pinnacle GroTropin (Tribulus, Chrysin, hGH precursor). I think the bulking cycle is working well because yesterday I benched my old max twice after 5 worksets. That was after a week and a half of my 4 week cycle.

Try MudMan's workout program (he's a smart dude) and give my food program a look over. Good luck
    Last edited by AandF6969; 07-03-2003 at 11:28 AM.

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969
    Have you really been "eating like hell?" You gotta eat a lot to gain weight, man. I'm on a bulking cycle right now and this is what my food plan looks like.

4:00 - chicken alfredo, 1/2 can tuna, 1/2 pizza, handful of peanuts = around 60g protein

AND don't forget the water! Muscle is 70% water so you have to drink a lot. It helps with food absorption also.

Just an example, I'm about 187 and on Mag-10 (androstendione) and Pinnacle GroTropin (Tribulus, Chrysin, hGH precursor). I think the bulking cycle is working well because yesterday I benched my old max twice after 5 worksets. That was after a week and a half of my 4 week cycle.

Try MudMan's workout program (he's a smart dude) and give my food program a look over. Good luck
    I don't want to seem mean or anything, but u dont eat a whole lot. I mean your not eating little but when u refer to eating a lot, that isnt much bro. i have that amount of food before 3 aclock. Comeon man..

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    pfff

NSHOOTER320 is offline Junior Member
    thanx for your help guys.

skrote824 is offline New Member
    It looks to me like your workout is kinda straight forward, try throwing some supersets in their or pyramids. I gained a lot of size and strength doing a pyramid for bench, squats and deadlifts. If you want to give it a shot, it might work.

Pyramid: Its 7 sets. 8,5,3,1,1,1,5

give it a try

Adrock is offline Junior Member
    Have you been using this routine or similar ones since you started lifting? If you have been try switching your routine around. Whenever I get stuck at weights for a long time, I usually switch my routine to something different. Sometimes it has to be drastically different to get me past a sticking point. If you haven't tried this, I suggest you do.

slick1921 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AandF6969

yea i was also gonna say that u really dont eat alot.. insted of 1/2 can of tuna it should be 2 cans or atleast 1.. and protein shake doesnt count as a meal.. and only 4 eggs in the morning?? thats nothing, it should be like 10 egg whites 1 full egg or some shit like that.. just my opinion, whatever works for u

Thread Information