Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Evening workout?

Evening workout?

I've been going out each day all day and i was thinking that evening workouts weren't the best thing for me? that true?

though it's better to workout than not.

and i'm almost sure i'm not getting enough protein, but i could be wrong. i've been good about making the right kind of meal happen about when it needs to happen
    Last edited by Tlolec the toilet; 10-05-2016 at 06:01 PM.

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I think most people prefer evening workouts actually. Personally Im a morning guy. It really makes no different tho... just get in the gym when you can and make the most of it.

Getting enough protein is definitely crucial.

BuildingBlock is offline Junior Member
    I have to workout in the morning, fresh energy and I'm most focused, in the evening I find I'm a little lethargic and not focused at all

i just finished a bowl of 48 grams tuna, 1/3 cup oat grouts, and some garlic. goin down with a shake and water.

did about 45 min of hex squats HIT (my best attempt) drop sets mainly
    no negatives
    no assists
    wore a belt

actually surprised myself with how much weight i could do for about 10 sets straight before i had to go down.

hex squats are nothing like regular squats though.

tomorrow i'm going to carrying around tuna, a gallon of H2O bread, and a can opener because i have to walk all kinds of places

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I prefer morning workouts gets me in the right frame of mind for the day and then iam able to force nutrition into my body all day long..the only problem is I have limited time in the morning to properly fuel myself for grueling workouts..

perfect time for me is around 4 - 5pm

god damn i'm skinny as fuk

Delilah12345 is offline New Member

Evening workouts does really sucks??

Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post
    I've been going out each day all day and i was thinking that evening workouts weren't the best thing for me? that true?

and i'm almost sure i'm not getting enough protein, but i could be wrong. i've been good about making the right kind of meal happen about when it needs to happen

Ya evening workouts are really not good as compared to morning workouts, workouts in morning is more useful to be healthy and fit becoz morning is the only time to do some exercise related work.

TestoSuper is offline Associate Member
    If I had the chance I would like to train in the morning, but for personal reasons I have to train between 15 and 17 also .. I think it's still good energy in this time .. later this time I think personally it would become too strenuous for very intense work out!

Bio-Active is online now AR-Hall of Famer
    I go through phases were I train in the am and then switch to evenings. I'm training in the evening now cute it's winter time and the weather is bad but spring and summer I switch back to mornings

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    training in the morning for some works better than others. I find if Im all cranked up and ready to fire some weights I will go do it in the morning, but most times its the night time when Im all wound up and ready to go, I just go and spend myself to the last bit, then go to bed in peace and next day start over again.

Do what feels right for you man, learn your body

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Hate training in the morning, too stiff and cranky.
    InternalFire and Red Bastard like this.

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    I'm surprised there's a time when you're not too cranky.
    Mr.BB and InternalFire like this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    I'm surprised there's a time when you're not too cranky.
    What you mean? Im such a nice, lovely person
    InternalFire, numbere and CrossOps like this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I generally lift anywhere from 8:30p.m. to 5 a.m. depending on if I am working or off work. My favorite time.to lift is probably about 3 a.m.-ish when all of the nighttime wildlife is out and prowling.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tlolec View Post

My best training has come from evening workouts. I sleep really well too afterwards.

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    I used to hit the gym which is a 24/7 gym and I would go around 11pm or midnight just so nobody will be there..i feel like a caged lion pacing back and forth and im puking in the trash cans sometimes.. so I avoid the mass population for certain reasons....plus I just don't like being around all them people..im not sure what they are about or their intensity and just don't want eyes on me....I guess its cool because I have my post workout shake etc...my meal after that and then it bed time...get my 8-10 hours sleep ( when I was working partime and on parole) so I was non stop training....and BOOM you grow when you sleep so as soon as I broke my body down I was repairing...I hope lol.
    now that im easing into training again I been going around 2pm roughly after my classes or when i have time..which is cool because I get a lot more food in me before bed time and when im sleeping/fasting for 8 hours or so...

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    My best training has come from evening workouts. I sleep really well too afterwards.
    exactly...after an intense session its awesome how much more deserving it feels...

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Honestly after working 10 or 12 hrs I would not want to go train. Training in the AM is perfect now for my schedule. I get to the gym before work while I'm fresh then off to work until about midnight. Over the years I've trained as early as 4AM and as late as midnight. You make do with what you have to work with.
    almostgone likes this.

73rr is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 600@50 View Post
    Honestly after working 10 or 12 hrs I would not want to go train. Training in the AM is perfect now for my schedule. I get to the gym before work while I'm fresh then off to work until about midnight. Over the years I've trained as early as 4AM and as late as midnight. You make do with what you have to work with.
    Kinda the same as you. I would love to go lift after work but work schedule sucks. Not going To lift at midnight unless I have to.

my work hours are shitty just because we have to put in time to get a decent amount done, but we don't have schedule obligations, or events that must happen at a certain time. During work i've got 2 hrs to workout. i usually take it in the noon. I don't like working out at night, but i do it when it's the least convenient option.

Sehdee is offline Junior Member
    I prefer working out in the daytime , around 12ish or 1 , but ill no doubt have to work out at night for my new job . I always try to avoid peak hours of the gym so i have enough space and access to power racks etc. My gym usually dies down around 8-10pm . Anything around 3-7 i avoid like a disease

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I also feel my evening workouts are far more intense and I put more in them. I know that after I'm done, its time for some food or whey, shower and then off to bed.
    Tlolec the toilet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I also feel my evening workouts are far more intense and I put more in them. I know that after I'm done, its time for some food or whey, shower and then off to bed.
    Right

EndlessApex is offline New Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.BB View Post
    Same here, like to have a few meals & several hours of moving around naturally before doing any intense training.

Since when did tlotec finally get the boot. ...smh. Wonder why. Seriously..?

Jonbana is offline Member
    I've done both for years straight

Currently Am but thinking about pm lately

I find am is nice you get it out of the way it's done you fuel you're body the rest of the day my only negative to morning workouts if the pre workout meal usually sucks oats banana whey in a blender 1 hour later lifting wish you had more time to digest the food I feel like it

Evenings or nice love working out pwo shake shower dinner bed meal and out like a rock !!! But I find if you have a bad day or anything kind of throws everything off a little specially the workout and i also find you need to worry about it and work around it specially when it's around 5pm

Booz is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer
    Lmfao!!
    Toilet......
    Obs likes this.

Remember.............for us to help you you need to help us....................stats and exp.........

Source checks and Ugl's to be kept to PM's
    dont ask for source checks unless you have 100 posts/and 45 days minimum as a participating member.........

Booz.. a long-standing member of the AR Police:

sorry but absolutely no sources will be checked at this present time....

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    I've done both for years straight

Currently Am but thinking about pm lately

I find am is nice you get it out of the way it's done you fuel you're body the rest of the day my only negative to morning workouts if the pre workout meal usually sucks oats banana whey in a blender 1 hour later lifting wish you had more time to digest the food I feel like it

Evenings or nice love working out pwo shake shower dinner bed meal and out like a rock !!! But I find if you have a bad day or anything kind of throws everything off a little specially the workout and i also find you need to worry about it and work around it specially when it's around 5pm
    Ya. I def leave all problems at the door. People talk about getting mad to lift or they lift harder. ..no way for me I got to be clear minded and my aggression is towards my training intensity. God willing

I still evening is better also most pros I think are evenings more time to digest food wake up etc in still debating just don't like pwo shake meal bed

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    My work schedule right now has put my workout schedule at 4-6am. I don't mind the early morning workouts. Just sometimes, most especially leg day, I might find myself spent for the rest of the day! I really prefer late evening workouts.

What's you're breakfast look like and how soon before lifting ? Strongblood

I'm doing 2nscoops whey 1cup oats 1 banana
    700 calories
    60proteim
    100g carbs
    8g fat
    About 1 to 1.5 hours pre seems to be setting PR's over fasting
    Marsoc likes this.

Strongblood is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana
    What's you're breakfast look like and how soon before lifting ? Strongblood I'm doing 2nscoops whey 1cup oats 1 banana 700 calories 60proteim 100g carbs 8g fat About 1 to 1.5 hours pre seems to be setting PR's over fasting
    Hi Jonbana. I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. Because my workouts are so early I generally workout fasted and inhale some breakfast directly after. Which consists of 2 egg muffins my wife prepares(2 eggs each with spinach, bell pepper, and a little cheese, they taste great.) I drink a GNC platinum whey isolate protein shake with it. (One scoop with half 1%milk and 1/2 water) and usually a cup of oats. I've recently found a very tasty protein bar with 30grams of protein that I've been munching on an hour or two later at work. I don't really count carbs, calories, and protein anymore. But I am on a cut right now so I'm trying to take in high protein lower carbs. What does the rest of your meals look like the rest of the day?

Whey + Oats +Banana
    Eggs+Toast
    chicken+rice

etc all clean sources

JDToronto is offline Associate Member
    Well, in the morning is when your testosterone and metabolism levels are at it's highest, as the day goes on the levels drop. I personally like later in the day, but when I have a day off work or work out on weekends I workout at around 11 am because I just want to get it over with.

Quote Originally Posted by JDToronto View Post
    Well, in the morning is when your testosterone and metabolism levels are at it's highest, as the day goes on the levels drop. I personally like later in the day, but when I have a day off work or work out on weekends I workout at around 11 am because I just want to get it over with.
    Testosterone is highest in the morning correct but so is cortisol remember that , also body temp doesn't peak till afternoon
    Most research and study's prove evening you build more muscle than morning because you test levels drops yes but core temp is up so you are at your strongest so you lift heavier and after a workout test levels raise so when they are normally low you are actually peaking them again
    There's a reason why sports and work records are played in the evening vs morning and records are set in the evenings

Quote Originally Posted by Jonbana View Post
    Testosterone is highest in the morning correct but so is cortisol remember that , also body temp doesn't peak till afternoon
    Most research and study's prove evening you build more muscle than morning because you test levels drops yes but core temp is up so you are at your strongest so you lift heavier and after a workout test levels raise so when they are normally low you are actually peaking them again
    There's a reason why sports and work records are played in the evening vs morning and records are set in the evenings
    That makes a lot of sense because on weekends or on days off work I workout around 11 am and I noticed I don't have as much strength as I do when I work out in the evening around 4-6 pm. Even today, I exercised at 11 am and I was like where did my strength go.

Quote Originally Posted by JDToronto View Post
    That makes a lot of sense because on weekends or on days off work I workout around 11 am and I noticed I don't have as much strength as I do when I work out in the evening around 4-6 pm. Even today, I exercised at 11 am and I was like where did my strength go.
    Do some research on google tons of information on this , remember you're body adapts switching one stop confuses the body ,

None stop***

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessApex View Post
    Same here, like to have a few meals & several hours of moving around naturally before doing any intense training.
    YES! exactly. I think I'm going to stick to doing late afternoon 4 to 6pm work outs. Even after work I'm tired but some how I get the motivation to work out, and besides I work out from home to I don't have to deal with people at the gym.

do what works , constancy wins everytime time of day or this or late has very little role

I like mornings but I also like evenings both show the same results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information