Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Mr.BB
  • 1 Post By 600@50

Thread: From "powerlift" workout to a bodybuilding workout

PTROIDE is offline Junior Member

From "powerlift" workout to a bodybuilding workout

Hello

actually i do a workout like powerlifter, and i grow a little and dense muscle i think but about everything strenght, and now i will do a little diet to restructure my body,
    what i do is 2 workouts 5x5 2 times a week:

A

Squat 5x5
    Benchpress 5x5
    Press overhead 5x5
    close grip bench press 5x5
    calvs

B

Deadlifts 5x5
    Pullups 5x5
    bent over row 5x5
    bicept curl 5x5

and now i want a workout like a bodybuilder, my legs are strong is my best point, my uper body needs a lot details:

h**p://postimg.org/image/68ua5jznp/

h**p://postimg.org/image/wfqu0cqel/

thank you

Marsoc is offline Productive Member
    What is you ur question exactly...
    Ps, I don't think that u can copy and paste the links for ur images. I can't click on them

Quote Originally Posted by Marsoc View Post
    What is you ur question exactly....
    i want to change the workout to a workout like a bodybuilder but i dont know what to do

Blog Entries
    IMO a bodybuilding program should include both compound and isolation exercises that target each and every muscle. Additionally the focus is more mind-muscle connection slow and controlled form. How much weight you put on the bar is irrelevant. Some BB like the volume approach others prefer intensity. Its largely individual and adjusting to how your body responds. Same goes with how much rest intervals you implement both during the exercise sets and also in between workouts. Those are the basic fundamentals. The structure and composition is up to you mate. -Cheers

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    In bodybuilding the objective is not to lift as much weight as you can on a specific exercise, but to "damage" the targeted muscle as much as you can on.

Now this "damage" that I mention above need to be a adequate for growth, example: if you run a marathon your legs will take quite a beating (belive me here) but marathon runners legs are skinny as fuck. Ok, so you need strength exercises, which are anaerobic, and to target different muscle fiber types than a runner. Pretty simple stuff, right? Wrong. It is not easy for a beginner to recruit all the fibers, our central nervous system (CNS) is not used to it.

Marcus put together quite a nice explanation, much better than I can explain, read here: http://forums.steroid.com/anabolic-l...ml#post7209074

Now that you changed your mindset not to lift the weight, but to destroy the muscle, you need select the exercises and weekly split that best does this to your individual. Im not going to do it for you, try to make a split program and post it here, we can then critique it to try to make it better.
    almostgone likes this.

Blog Entries
    The best article on muscular hypertrophy, IMO a must read by Brad Schoenfeld, PhD

http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/articl...ypertrophy.pdf

what do you guys think about this 4 day workou i may? please help to improve it

Day 1
    Shoulder press 4x12
    dumbell Lateral raises 3 x 12
    dumbell front raises 3x 12
    cable flys for shoulder 3x12

Barbell Curl 3x12
    Bicept scott 2 sets to failure

Day 2
    Squat 5x20
    lunges 5x20
    Leg press 2 sets to failure

Day 3
    bench Press 4 x 12
    incline dumbell press 30º 3x12
    incline dumbell flys 30º 3x12
    cable cross over 2 sets (very slow)

tricep pushdown 3x12
    overhead barbell extension 3x12

Day 4
    Deadlift 4sets 6-8 reps
    pullups 5 sets to failure
    Bent over row 3sets 12 reps
    T-bar row 3sets 6reps
    pull over 2 sets to failure

My weak points is shoulders and chest

thanks again
    Last edited by PTROIDE; 10-30-2016 at 07:52 AM.

600@50 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try it for a few weeks and see how it works for you. There is no magic routine that works for everyone or forever. The human body does an excellent job of adapting to the stresses we throw at it. Keep researching and after a few weeks try something different.
    Everyone here has tried many different routines and set/rep schedules. You're going to have to experiment and see what you like and what works for you. Don't be afraid to try something different every so often.
    almostgone likes this.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Seems you have understood the concept pretty good. Like 600 said above^^^, try it and see what works better for you.

Think you forgot to add hamstring exercises.

You say that your weak points are chest and shoulders, but your back day has lower reps and sets to failure, guessing back is a strong point?

Thread Information