AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Thumbs up Can I lose 6 lb. in 7 days for a Bench Competition?

I just found out today about a Bench Press Competition next week at the fair. I was looking at similar competition results online and I think I might have a shot at the 181 weight class.

There is a problem. Right now I weigh 187. I bench 300, and the winner of the 181 weight class in the one I was looking at benches 310. I think if I put some balls into it I can do that. The question is, can I lose 6 lb. in a week and still preserve enough muscle mass to bench 310? If so, how the hell would I do that?

I'm also on Mag-10 (1-AD) right now. I hope they don't test for it.

Thanks
    Last edited by AandF6969; 07-06-2003 at 03:05 PM.

sin
    sin is offline Senior Member
    lots of water, little carbs, lots of running and sweating. i remember seeing what the wrestlers do on a web site, ill see if i can find the site again. on the down side of this alot of people loose some strength when they drop weight quickly.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't worry about doing any cardio, if those wrestlers saw what BBers do to drop weight they could save themselves a lot of time. You should be able to lose that much in water weight probably overnight if you do it right.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires
    Quote Originally Posted by saboudian
    You should be able to lose that much in water weight probably overnight if you do it right.
    How would I go about doing that?

FrkyBgStok is offline Senior Member
    A friend of mine did the same thing. he dropped to 215 from about 223, and by the time the comp hit, he couldn't even put up 245 (normally a 315 max). Its your call though bro.

skiboy is offline Associate Member
    /> peace dude

solidj55 is offline Member
    /> Cut your carbs way down for that week(no more than 100g per day) with the exception of the day before. The day before dont eat any carbs. Also during this week drink 2 gallons or so of water per day up until the day before. The day before dont drink but 1/2 gallon and drink all of that before noon. Then drink you about 4-6 cups of coffee spred throughout the evening. This will flush you out. Stop all food intake the night before at around 5pm. Keep your protein throughout the week at 1g per pound of bodyweight and keep the fat intake low. ALSO, keep the sodium intake very very very low. This isnt ideal for bodybuilding but this is how powerlifters lose weight bro. Dont eat anything the morning of the weigh in and I am sure you will make weight. As soon as you weigh in you need to hit a good meal(not really a healthy meal). What you need to do is hit you a high protein, high carb(very sugary), high fat meal. This all depends on how much time you have to work with before your first attempt. I would suggest fast food, like a double or triple from Wendy's, large fry, and a big ass coke. Your body will need this, and if you have an hour or more before your first attempt this will make you feel strong.

solidj55 is offline Member
    Also, before that meal the day of the meet I suggest taking 25mgs of Ephedrine...

Thread Information