Hey all, short version is I have noticed INCREDIBLE hypertrophy results from adding in strongman-type exercises as the "cherry on top" to my exercises and broke through basically all my plateaus... Reference I am 20, 6'4,250 15% and using 350prop/ew and varying AI dose. Sometimes use stims but have been off of them for a while.

My main question is how needed is individual muscle pump/contraction for hypertrophy? After doing a few weeks of these full-body type exercises I don't even want to do most of the typical bodybuilding exercises anymore because the very dumbed-down exercises involving cars/trees/ropes I've made up have done an unbelievable amount for me. No matter how many reps I did bodybuilding-type exercises like lat pulldowns, I could tell the very clear limit my body would place on hypertrophy on certain muscles...seems for me the biggest factor in hypertrophy / strength simply involves the raw amount of exertion I give in a period of time.. The more overall power per second I output in all muscles = more results in all muscles

this is an example of an exercise setup I /have done for back / arms which basically aims to get a moderate pump first then I try to completely fatigue my body with the very high demand strongman-type exercise.

BW Dips w focus on back, 8, 8, 6,6 slow reps aiming to get a large pump in the traps followed by.. 4 rope pulls to exhaustion? I am not sure what to call this exercise, I attach rope to a stable object (tree.. pole..) and get close to the rope so I'm not using my wrists and basically exert the muscles I want to complete failure. This has worked so well for my chest/traps/shoulders/everything I would compare it to being a noob in the gym again in terms of results.. This particular exercise I've developed also seems to be easy on the tendons, I notice many strongman activities seem to be bad for joints so I am cautious about that.

My main point with this post is to find the clarification on how pumps / contractions effect hypertrophy and also how do "1 rep to absolute failure" exercises involving most muscles used at once effect hypertrophy.