Thread: Teardrop Quads

Devourer is offline Senior Member

Teardrop Quads

how do you get that teardrop shape on the inside of your quads? the rest of my leg looks fine but i'm severely lacking the inside part. please help!

murph is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by anadrol devourer
    how do you get that teardrop shape on the inside of your quads? the rest of my leg looks fine but i'm severely lacking the inside part. please help!
    seated leg extensions.... if you mean the muscle right above the knee on the inside ,...... this will hit them pretty good
    Last edited by murph; 07-21-2003 at 07:39 PM.

markas214 is offline Senior Member
    The vastus medialis is the muscle you are referingg to. I agree that leg extensions are probably the best to bring bthat out. Genetics also play a part. Mine won't grow nearly as fast as other body parts. Not even with gear. My legs get strong as hell but almost all the mass is high on my quads.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    try close stance hack squats and close stance front squats

Sicilian30 is offline Respected Member
    Frontal Squats, and good ole leg extentions. Also when you are doing squats if you turn your toes out, this will hit the medialis somewhat. When doing legs, especially squats I change my stance pointing toes in and out, this allows more muscles to be worked. But sure shot, leg extentions will do it every time.

saboudian is offline Senior Member
    Hmmmm, i thought close stance squats worked the outer sweep.

Anyways, i would try wide stance squats with toes pointed slightly out on a smith machine.

this may help.

A really backward way to bring that muscle out, is hardcore sprints, with high resistance on the stationary bike. About 5 30 second sprints, with extreme resistance on the bike level. That literally works wonders. Ive had athletes use this, and they got stretch marks on their vastus medialis. If you notice, hockey players are insanely developed in this area. And the bike simulates this. Its very similar to weight training, because its anaerobic, and the time under tension is adiquate. But it flat out works! The key is, you need to go hard! You should get off after the 30 to even 60 seconds, and have such a leg pump that you can barely flex at the knee joint!
    At this point, use intense stretching, and some additional flexing.

You will see immediate gains, I guarantee it!

But there are allot of other tricks. I especially like Lee Priest Lunges. I'll post the description in a second.
    I would also reccomend pre-fatiguing the area with leg extensions, supersetted with sissy squats. The 100 rep method, and strips also do wonders for the vastus. In fact, higher reps are excellent period for the area

Thats an outstanding strategy! And the vastus medialis is definately worth every cent! On the sissy squats, I like setting up a sissy squat stand. I have already written down the description on my computer so I'll paste it in

Rope Sissy Squats ; homemade station ;

This variation with a rope allows you more control, more ability to stabilize your body, and more assurance that both legs are being worked equally. It of course is one of the best quad builders of all time!

Construction: Setting up a sissy squat station is a rather simply process and will serve you incredibly well! Perhaps better then a leg extension itself! I honestly believe that this is something that no bodybuilder can be without! Simply find a sturdy beam or bar. It could be your squat rack, or a sturdy protruding piece of wood in the wall or metal. It must be able to securely and positively hold much more than your bodyweight! Now take a sturdy rope, and fasten/tie it tightly around the beam. The rope should be around waist or a little above high( that;s )where it should be fastened. You will use the two ends that come out from being fastened as handles.

Implementation ( A ) Standing upright, in front of the fastened rope, with you;re a few inches apart, grasp the two handles. Keeping your knees forward, Bend them, raise up on toes, slowly lower yourself toward the floor. As you lower yourself slowly lean your upper body backwards. Your upper body will mimic the bent movement of the lower body. So as your lower body bends forward( remember you are moving forward into the sissy squat, this is very important! ), your upper body bends backwards. It is a vary fluent movement. Your hamstrings should touch your calves. ( B ) Hold for a moment while stretching the thigh muscles. Straighten your legs, flexing your thigh muscles hard at the top, for maximum cut and development.
    Note: Your knees must have enough room to move forward, so make sure the machine you make affords this!

Here are Lee Priest Lunges

Implementation: These are to be performed slowly and precisely! Focus on a slow decent and a peak contraction! ( A ) Grasp a pair of dumbbells and stand straight up with your feet a few inches apart. Now take a ever so slight step forward. Not too far. The key here is to force the weight onto the knee extensors( quadriceps ). You want them to work in the fullest range possible and normal lunges do not afford this. You will maintain this position as stationary.
    ( B ) From here you will lean forward but keep your upper body stable. Therefore in order to lean forward you will have to bend your knee. The key is to bend into the knee so that you place most of the stress onto the quadriceps. Continue to slowly descend until your hamstrings touch your calves. ( C ) Now slowly( so as to not over stress the knee and to enhance time under tension ) push back up off of your toes and when you reach the top of the movement flex your quads like you have never flexed them before! Literally imagine striations and separation spreading throughout your thigh complex! The goal in this exercise is not to lift the weight, it is to feel the muscle contract!

One thing I also highly reccomend for immediate leg mass, is to focus heavily, and I mean heavily on the adductors.
    The adductors grow incredibly fast, and are a virtual oasis of mass! You can add literally inches on your thighs very fast, by bombarding this area

Yung Wun is offline Member
    when ur doing leg extensions point your toes inwards

i always do leg extensions! thanks for all the info folks. ill try the priest lunge and i guess ill even try the bike trick because nothing has been working.

99si is offline Junior Member
    Well, you have to be lean enough for it to show.

i really dont think thats the problem.

Thread Information