• 4 Post By KINGKONG
  • 1 Post By swalleezy
  • 1 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By puffy16
  • 2 Post By MuscleScience
  • 1 Post By songdog
  • 1 Post By spywizard
  • 1 Post By BrockBadger

Thread: Can't gain mass in arms. Tried everything short of synthol and implants lol

puffy16 is offline Junior Member

Can't gain mass in arms. Tried everything short of synthol and implants lol

I am 6'2" and I think my muscle length might have something to do it with it. Can't gain size. I am also on TRT so don't think "steroids " is the answer. I can curl sizable weight but can't actually gain size. Help?
    MuscleScience likes this.

guitarzan is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Post your stats, diet and routine, hard to give advice without it

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Your arms will grow with everything else eating more bulking up will help..I have genetically weaker arms than my back and chest so I decided at one point to give biceps a day And triceps a day..I concentrate on isolation of the muscle stretching of muscle and then I pump the muscles full of blood with cables and multiple drop sets..I don't know how advanced you are but for now concentrate on short,hard workouts for arms don't overtrain keep your nutrition good and calories up esp on arm days and give it time..it doesn't happen overnight but you can bring up lagging body parts with time..
    Obs, TRA, MuscleScience and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by KINGKONG View Post
    Your arms will grow with everything else eating more bulking up will help..I have genetically weaker arms than my back and chest so I decided at one point to give biceps a day And triceps a day..I concentrate on isolation of the muscle stretching of muscle and then I pump the muscles full of blood with cables and multiple drop sets..I don't know how advanced you are but for now concentrate on short,hard workouts for arms don't overtrain keep your nutrition good and calories up esp on arm days and give it time..it doesn't happen overnight but you can bring up lagging body parts with time..
    Thank you, I think my main problem is diet. I have very little carb intake (phobia of gaining weight as I am former fatty). I been overdoing my arms as well to point where I think I tore something in forearm (heard a snap) now it hurts when I curl weight or bench.

KINGKONG is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puffy16 View Post
    Thank you, I think my main problem is diet. I have very little carb intake (phobia of gaining weight as I am former fatty). I been overdoing my arms as well to point where I think I tore something in forearm (heard a snap) now it hurts when I curl weight or bench.
    Take some time off and restart from scratch change around your training progrnan and maybe try carb cycling with high,mid days on arm days..

TRA
    TRA is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is your bicep still fully intact and do you have normal strength but with pain, or do you have less strength with the pain? Depending on the region in the forearm you may have to consider distal bicep tear - any pain referral to lower bicep or elbow region?

Quote Originally Posted by TrailRunAZ View Post
    Is your bicep still fully intact and do you have normal strength but with pain, or do you have less strength with the pain? Depending on the region in the forearm you may have to consider distal bicep tear - any pain referral to lower bicep or elbow region?
    Seems pain is mostly in forearm and not bicep. Bicep looks intact. No pain near bicep or elbow, most are on forearm.

BrockBadger is offline Junior Member
    I am 6'2" and I think my muscle length might have something to do it with it. Can't gain size. I am also on TRT so don't think "steroids" is the answer. I can curl sizable weight but can't actually gain size. Help?
    Try training them twice a week. And some things are just genetic. Especially if your on TRT it may be more genetic. I'm built for more speed. My arms are smaller I'm more mesomorph though. Perhaps your more of an endurance athlete? And something else too. A lot of people on youtube and elsewhere talk about how nutrition and particular types of training get better results and they underplay the role of the steroids they are on. Yeah, easy for them to say focus more on nutrition and focus more on training. The reality is gear outworks both of those factors. Trust me I'm all for a stellar diet and stellar training and most people don't work both of those enough but from someone who does both... Gear still outworks both. There is no real need to be perfect at both. Anyone who laughable is on gear and goes more in depth about nutrition and training is really lying to you and themselves. If you on TRT then you know it works and a little more will work even better. But to circle back to your question. Even on gear there is a genetic limit. But gear will help that situation.
    Last edited by BrockBadger; 09-18-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockBadger View Post
    Try training them twice a week. And some things are just genetic. Especially if your on TRT it may be more genetic. I'm built for more speed. My arms are smaller I'm more mesomorph though. Perhaps your more of an endurance athlete? And something else too. A lot of people on youtube and elsewhere talk about how nutrition and particular types of training get better results and they underplay the role of the steroids they are on. Yeah, easy for them to say focus more on nutrition and focus more on training. The reality is gear outworks both of those factors. Trust me I'm all for a stellar diet and stellar training and most people don't work both of those enough but from someone who does both... Gear still outworks both. There is no real need to be perfect at both. Anyone who laughable is on gear and goes more in depth about nutrition and training is really lying to you and themselves. If you on TRT then you know it works and a little more will work even better. But to circle back to your question. Even on gear there is a genetic limit. But gear will help that situation.
    Appreciate your response! Gear does not build muscles tho, gear only gives you the "power to lift more" but doesn't actually give you mass. Nutrition does that I thought.

swalleezy is offline New Member
    Have you tried one set to complete failure, followed by negative and forced reps? I have very stubborn biceps myself, I've had some success with negs and FR.
    BrockBadger likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by swalleezy View Post
    Have you tried one set to complete failure, followed by negative and forced reps? I have very stubborn biceps myself, I've had some success with negs and FR.
    Good call Swallezy, tried it the other day in gym and was sore next day (not usual for me even going heavy).

Tovarasu is offline Junior Member
    My chest genetics are shit, i started training it 2 times a week, results came to notice. Saw this post with a study that for the best hypertrophy you can train 2-3 times a week a muscle group.Like calves start doing them 3 times now.

Quote Originally Posted by Tovarasu View Post
    My chest genetics are shit, i started training it 2 times a week, results came to notice. Saw this post with a study that for the best hypertrophy you can train 2-3 times a week a muscle group.Like calves start doing them 3 times now.
    really? what about rest?

MuscleScience is offline ~AR-Elite-Hall of Famer~
    Blog Entries
    Check out this write up I did, maybe something in there will help.

http://forums.steroid.com/workout-tr...young-age.html
    BG likes this.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

"Juice slow, train smart, it's a long journey."
    BG

"In a world full of pussies, being a redneck is not a bad thing."
    OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

No Source Check Please, I don't know of any.

Depressed? Healthy Way Out!

Tips For Young Lifters

MuscleScience Training Log

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Tovarasu View Post
    The caveat to that study is that you only want to do that for 6 weeks to prevent over training syndrome.
    “If you can't explain it to a second grader, you probably don't understand it yourself.” Albert Einstein

BG

OB

Body building is a way of life..........but can not get in the way of your life.
    BG

Tips For Young Lifters

really? what about rest?
    It's more of an advanced technique. Sometimes less rest can be beneficial. Suppose you do biceps monday then hit them again thursday then again sunday. You can still give them some rest. However, MuscleScience is correct. You should likely periodize it with 6 weeks to prevent over training syndrome. And ultimately as you age recovery can become more difficult. But you should watch out for over training this way. So don't go all bananas in. Read MuscleSciences stuff, I'm new here some and I find his info very solid.

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleScience View Post
    Check out this write up I did, maybe something in there will help.

http://forums.steroid.com/workout-tr...young-age.html
    awesome article musclscience! Just hope it still applies to me since I am not "young" anymore relatively speaking being in late 30s.
    MuscleScience likes this.

Blog Entries
    awesome article musclscience! Just hope it still applies to me since I am not "young" anymore relatively speaking being in late 30s.
    It does, it was more meant to say for the young guys that putting in the work is the key factor. We live in a very instant society. But with true growth and gains it takes sometimes years of consistency with all the factors I wrote about to make real progress.
    puffy16 and KINGKONG like this.

BG

OB

BG

Tips For Young Lifters

Chicagotarsier is offline Senior Member
    I constantly fight with rest vs work. I constantly fight cutting vs bulking.

My personal thought on maximizing shoulders and arms....

ONE muscle group a day. Minimize the number of muscles worked daily so as to maximize recovery.
    Unless you are super advanced...volume over peak weight for workouts.
    Focus on mass building and do not get stuck on simple movement exercises.

The last one is huge for me. Example

My old shoulder routine was military press plus side,front,back raises. I added in two exercises (Arnold Press and a close grip military press) and the shoulders really took off. the simple movement exercises are for aesthetics for me. The complex movements on the muscle really give me gains.

Three years and I am really starting to see a lot of improvement. Six years and I will be happy I feel. It takes time. Reality this is really fast in bodybuilding world timelines.

I will not lie...pushing the envelope with HGH, Insulin , and a lot of testosterone ....priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chicagotarsier View Post
    I constantly fight with rest vs work. I constantly fight cutting vs bulking.

My personal thought on maximizing shoulders and arms....

ONE muscle group a day. Minimize the number of muscles worked daily so as to maximize recovery.
    Unless you are super advanced...volume over peak weight for workouts.
    Focus on mass building and do not get stuck on simple movement exercises.

The last one is huge for me. Example

My old shoulder routine was military press plus side,front,back raises. I added in two exercises (Arnold Press and a close grip military press) and the shoulders really took off. the simple movement exercises are for aesthetics for me. The complex movements on the muscle really give me gains.

Three years and I am really starting to see a lot of improvement. Six years and I will be happy I feel. It takes time. Reality this is really fast in bodybuilding world timelines.

I will not lie...pushing the envelope with HGH, Insulin, and a lot of testosterone....priceless.
    so to get big you advocate reps vs max weight?

songdog is offline ARs TOP DOG ~ MONITOR ~
    The bicep is a small muscle you can over train it very easy.
    NACH3 likes this.

NACH3 is offline VET
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by songdog View Post
    The bicep is a small muscle you can over train it very easy.
    ^^^ this

All you neeed is really 3ex's but inner your not going to absolute truecoisitive failure or beyond like using negatives RPs drop sets etc?!

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    ^^^ this

All you neeed is really 3ex's but inner your not going to absolute truecoisitive failure or beyond like using negatives RPs drop sets etc?!
    wait what?

spywizard is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer~
    are you using a flat bar?? don't, use easy curl or dumb bells, that will allow for range

Seems pain is mostly in forearm and not bicep. Bicep looks intact. No pain near bicep or elbow, most are on forearm.
    puffy16 likes this.
    The answer to your every question

Rules

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted
    to his or her own opinions and prejudices, especially
    one exhibiting intolerance, and animosity toward those of differing beliefs.

If you get scammed by an UGL listed on this board or by another member here, it's all part of the game and learning experience for you,
    we do not approve nor support any sources that may be listed on this site.
    I will not do source checks for you, the peer review from other members should be enough to help you make a decision on your quest. Buyer beware.
    Don't Let the Police kick your ass

Quote Originally Posted by NACH3 View Post
    ^^^ this

Cool, first vet I've seen. Yeah its a small muscle can overtrain it easily. But if you've not already done that then hit it more frequently.
    puffy16 likes this.

Northernpumps is offline Junior Member
    I agree With everyone that says more food !!! But maybe try changin up the arm workout ... i used to live off various types of curls and realized i got More arm growth off cable rows, seated rows to mid stomach or chest height and cable pull downs with the v handles too... just spice it up and you’ll find something that works.. also rep tempo change will help shock/ and confuse your body... sometimes quicker other times try a very slow controlled negative and a pause at the contraction ... I’m 6’2 as well and suffer from the long lanky body so i feel your pain.. your body will grow you just gotta force it pretty much !!! And don’t make the mistake of thinking protein is greater than carbs for gaining ... we need carbs !

babster is offline New Member
    Arms are small muscle group. In my opinion you need focused move, light weights and a lot reps ,like 10-12 per set. Try supersets bicep-tricep. Train arms alone once a week for 3 weeks and rest them at the 4th. Then repeat. I think you ll see results

MMA_Influenced is offline Associate Member
    Puffy please take close notice to this post because I think I can help you a lot. I've been getting my body analysis while on cycle for a while now.. weekly. I see how I grow and where the muscle goes. I always thought the arms were my weakest point. To me surprise it was actually my legs (which I thought was my strong point) which were technically my weak point as far as compared to healthy ranges... obviously both were far above average and what was considered healthy range but it is what it is.

ANYWAY, the short answer? Its your bone structure. Now here is the good news... you may think you aren't growing proportionately but as someone who also doesnt have great bone structure for large arms I can tell you, you are definitely gaining muscle in those arms.. it just may not look as impressive as some of the other guys in the gym who have better bone structures.

Hypothetically maybe you could train your arms harder and try to achieve greater pumps but just know that you are likely gaining muscle evenly across your body more or less but that your bone structure is causing your arms not to look overly impressive. If you keep getting larger you can push out of this.. some guys have it easy they may be less developed training wise and even less muscle on their arms but their arms still look bigger.. it is what it is.

Keep body building and eventually your arms will look very impressive and when you cut down and lean up you should look great. Guys who are taller/thinner boned won't have limbs that look as thick and muscular as some of the shorter stockier built guys/medium frame athletic guys. You need to keep lifting and developing lean body mass. I know it feels like your not making arm gains but what Ive learned from getting weekly body analysis and getting my body composition scanned/bf % checked is that you definitely are.. it can be an illusion. Also, like I said earlier arms are kind of something guys want to be real big so they always wish they were bigger..

Just keep in mind illusion has a LOT to do with this. Your perception of where you want to be in your mind has a large part to do with it. The look of your body due to your bone structure.. it all is partly an illusion. There are guys who have arms that look bigger than yours but they have less muscle on their arms but they just have the right bone structure.. you just have to keep training and developing until your happy with them. You ARE growing. Trust me. I thought I wasnt gaining anything on my arms and sure enough I was putting on plenty of muscle there.. eventually they got bigger and bigger but it took time. It makes sense if you think about it. If your bones are smaller than someone elses you may need to put on that much more muscle on them to achieve the same sized looking arms.
    Last edited by MMA_Influenced; 12-05-2017 at 10:17 PM.

Thread Information