musclehead1 is offline Member

shoulder injury question

hey guys i just skrewed my shoulder its not as bad as iv dun b4 but i would like to correct/ strengthen this problem. It all started about 6 years ago i was doin seated dumbell press when my shoulder just gave out it felt like the bones slipped inside or sumthing and its happend a couple of times since then but not in the last 3 years or so. Then today while i was doin decline press it happend again kinda embarrassing when the weight falls on yah at the gym. What pissed me off was that i was having a really gud workout. And now its gonna put me out for a week or so but i wanna know what is happening and has this happend to any of you guys? And how can i strengthen this **** problem shoulder always happens to the same one.
    thanks in advance

deuz500 is offline New Member

RE:shoulderproblem

hey man im affraid i have bad news for you.ive been training for 3 yrs now and im currently out of action after having gotten shoulder surgery on my left arm.i experience the same problems as you.your shoulder may be either subluxing(partially dislocating)or fully dislocating due to instability or ratator cuff damage.i suggest seeing a physiotherapist first for advice on strenghting it if this doesnt work consult an orthopaedic surgeon.i have stop weight lifting for 6 months however when i return i will no longer have any problems.i advise you to get open surgery as it is 98% sucessful compared to 83% sucess rate of athroscopic surgery.but has a longer recovery time.best of luck and no matter what u should easily overcome this problem

Animal Cracker is offline Anabolic Member
    Orthapedic surgeon bro! Best move I have made in awhile!

hoss827 is offline Banned
    Get your anus to the orthopedic surgeon!! Then some physical therapy ..maybe if it's real bad, go for surgery. I have the same problem with my left shoulder. It came out on incline, and dislocated it once in tae kwon do. Just get surgery, eventually it'll be better, but you still need to watch for it. Good luck bro

Rictor33 is offline Associate Member
    i have had shoulder problems in both shoulders and have recieved cortisone shots in both shoulders 2 in my left and 1 in my right? The pain is gone and movement is a little better, but is cortisone going ot **** my shoulder up in the long run?

Mu'min is offline Associate Member
    I have messed up my shoulder quite a few times. The worst was in high school when I just could not quit for a couple of weeks and in the end had to stop for over two months. I had to start all over with my strength in the basement. It was a hard pill to swallow.
    I have found that stretching my shoulders regularly (not just on the days that I use them) and using adequate warm-up helps prevent pain.
    I also use light weight through a variety of shoulder cuff exercises when my shoulders start to hurt. I finish off my workout with them and it seems to be working so far.

Lord Humungous is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rictor33
    i have had shoulder problems in both shoulders and have recieved cortisone shots in both shoulders 2 in my left and 1 in my right? The pain is gone and movement is a little better, but is cortisone going ot **** my shoulder up in the long run?
    It won't mess up your shoulder, but keep in mind that cortisone only masks the real problem. Sometimes when the problem is merely inflamation, the problem goes away on it's own.

Best bet is to strengthen your rotator muscles. You know, L-flyes with a cable (in and out) and such. I do these religeously as a warm up for any shoulder action, usually chest day and shoulder day. It's goofy looking and you'll get some stares, but who gives a ****. Better than being in excrutiating pain and squealing like a girl trying to press 15 lb dumbells. Been there, got the rag top.

But no, cortisone shots won't mess you up in the long run, but it's not a permanent solution. It IS a catabolic substance, so it will slightly affect your gains.

-LH

Thread Information