• 1 Post By hollowedzeus
  • 1 Post By marcus300
  • 1 Post By Eduke93
  • 1 Post By Eduke93
  • 1 Post By Couchlockd

Thread: BEST workout for chest pump

BenTren is offline Banned

BEST workout for chest pump

My chest is probably the biggest muscle part that's lacking at the moment and even after years of training before it never really seemed to be in par with the rest, can anyone recommend some really good Super sets and in general good chest workouts? Bottom chest in specific too. Cheers!

hollowedzeus is offline Productive Member
    Whatever youve been doing up till now hasnt worked. Change it!

Have you being doing high reps lots of sets? Go low rep heavy.

Change the exercises.
    -have you been doing benchpress first every workout? Change to something like flies first exercise then a pressing movement. If you always use a bar, change to dumbells.

Have a look through marcus's hit dungeon in the lounge. Great information and an effective way to train. Low reps low sets high intensity.

Above all make sure youre eating enough to force growth..
    marcus300 likes this.

I have actually been doing mostly what you said. I normally always start off with bench and the routine stays the same but obviously my weights are increasing i just don't normally get the 'intense pump' anymore. I normally go for 10 reps 3 sets and do super sets now and agai . Would you recommend going heavy on the bench and then high reps for everything else? I will have a look at that too cheers.

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Quote Originally Posted by BenTren View Post
    I have actually been doing mostly what you said. I normally always start off with bench and the routine stays the same but obviously my weights are increasing i just don't normally get the 'intense pump' anymore. I normally go for 10 reps 3 sets and do super sets now and agai . Would you recommend going heavy on the bench and then high reps for everything else? I will have a look at that too cheers.

There’s your problem......choose a completely different program.....

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Time to change things up -

Drop the flat bench BB and start doing some DB work. I would also drop the supersets for the time being and just concentrate on taking your muscle to complete failure, you may think your going to failure but in reality you wont be doing so start understanding what this means and slowly try and get your body to accept this kind of punishment. Stick with some basic movements and even try and pre exhaust the chest which could spring new growth in the area but most of all put your chest under more stress than its use to and it will respond. What is your exact chest routine sir?
    BenTren likes this.

Eduke93 is offline Senior Member
    My chest is probably the biggest muscle part that's lacking at the moment and even after years of training before it never really seemed to be in par with the rest, can anyone recommend some really good Super sets and in general good chest workouts? Bottom chest in specific too. Cheers!
    There inst a specific exercise to make your chest grow, firstly its down to genetics.

If your chest is lagging, reprogram your training and implement chest 2-3 times per week (if you think you can hack 3, you'll have to program in such a way that you get sufficient rest)

Personal favourite exercises; Incline Press, Chest Press (Hammer Smith), Cable Flys, you can use various positions on the functional trainer to hit upper/lower chest. Hit chest like a monster and increase frequency... Especially when on gear.

Also.. Mind muscle connection, don't just pound the weights, focus on what your doing and squeeze/use the muscle.

No joy... Then synthol... Joking.

Quote Originally Posted by marcus300 View Post
    Time to change things up -

Drop the flat bench BB and start doing some DB work. I would also drop the supersets for the time being and just concentrate on taking your muscle to complete failure, you may think your going to failure but in reality you wont be doing so start understanding what this means and slowly try and get your body to accept this kind of punishment. Stick with some basic movements and even try and pre exhaust the chest which could spring new growth in the area but most of all put your chest under more stress than its use to and it will respond. What is your exact chest routine sir?
    my routine is this:

Dips 10 x 4
    incline bench 10 x 3
    Bench 10, 8, 6 (pyramid) only started doing this
    Cable flies then jump over to the cable where you lift them up in front of you (superset) 10 x 3
    Press machine (normally to failure x 3)
    Decline bench then jump over to the machine flies 10 x 3

Quote Originally Posted by Eduke93 View Post
    There inst a specific exercise to make your chest grow, firstly its down to genetics.

If your chest is lagging, reprogram your training and implement chest 2-3 times per week (if you think you can hack 3, you'll have to program in such a way that you get sufficient rest)

Personal favourite exercises; Incline Press, Chest Press (Hammer Smith), Cable Flys, you can use various positions on the functional trainer to hit upper/lower chest. Hit chest like a monster and increase frequency... Especially when on gear.

Also.. Mind muscle connection, don't just pound the weights, focus on what your doing and squeeze/use the muscle.

No joy... Then synthol... Joking.
    Yeah i took the mind muscle connection for granted when i first started training but know i now what it means.. my routine is as follows anyway see other post. Would you recommend switching my rep ranges more / less? or is it ok? i've actually only started doing this routine so it is still new.

Yeah i took the mind muscle connection for granted when i first started training but know i now what it means.. my routine is as follows anyway see other post. Would you recommend switching my rep ranges more / less? or is it ok? i've actually only started doing this routine so it is still new.
    "Dips 10 x 4
    incline bench 10 x 3
    Cable flies then jump over to the cable where you lift them up in front of you (superset) 10 x 3
    Decline bench then jump over to the machine flies 10 x 3"

Thats a fair bit, if you can do all this at ease then your not training hard enough, I think drop an exercise and train all out. I'm talking fucking destroy every exercise...

Flat Bench Press 4x 8-10 (Decline if this is what you want to focus on, Switch it up)
    Incline Press 3x 8-10
    Cable Flys 4x 10-12 (last set to complete failure, either rested pause or drop set)
    Dips - Body weight, lean forward take the emphasis off tris, big squeeze at the top. 2-3 sets body weight to failure (after previous exercises, providing you trained hard enough you shouldn't be exceeding 10-12 reps) sometimes ill get to this exercise and struggle to hit 5!

Personally i train higher frequency, less volume, high intensity.

Remember though, this is what works for me, you need to use various approaches and ideas until you find your recipe!
    Last edited by Eduke93; 04-24-2018 at 05:25 AM.
    BenTren likes this.

I do go absolutely all out normally every last rep is almost failure. I just slam the caffeine in me before i hit the gym and take my dbol 30mins before gym also and the pumps are intense! But ill give it a go today now, doing chest and legs (every 4th day i do two body parts that are lacking the most with me). Been watching a few dorian yates training videos the man is a beast! Cheers for the reply ill give the routine a go for a few weeks and see how much it improves me; if it does or doesn't change accordingly, cheers!

I do go absolutely all out normally every last rep is almost failure. I just slam the caffeine in me before i hit the gym and take my dbol 30mins before gym also and the pumps are intense! But ill give it a go today now, doing chest and legs (every 4th day i do two body parts that are lacking the most with me). Been watching a few dorian yates training videos the man is a beast! Cheers for the reply ill give the routine a go for a few weeks and see how much it improves me; if it does or doesn't change accordingly, cheers!
    Good stuff, let me know how you get on. Dorian Yates style of training is great, i cycle his approaches definitely worth implementing some of his ideas into your training, play around with it and have fun!
    BenTren likes this.

my routine is this:

Dips 10 x 4
    incline bench 10 x 3
    Decline bench then jump over to the machine flies 10 x 3
    Try this routine. It's simple but potent.

1) Take your body weight on the flat bench and rep it 100 times. Do as many reps as you can on each set. Go to complete failure. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    2) Take 80% of your body weight (50% of the 70% for the dumbbells) and do inclined dumbbell press 50 reps. Do as many reps as you can and go to complete failure on each set. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    3) Pec Deck flys - start with the heaviest weight you can handle for 10 reps. That will be the first set. x 2 sets (rest 3 minutes between sets)
    Heaviest you can handle x 10 reps
    1 plate lighter x 10 reps

You'll get an awesome pump!

Couchlockd is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post

1) Take your body weight on the flat bench and rep it 100 times. Do as many reps as you can on each set. Go to complete failure. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    2) Take 80% of your body weight (50% of the 70% for the dumbbells) and do inclined dumbbell press 50 reps. Do as many reps as you can and go to complete failure on each set. Rest 2 minutes between sets.
    3) Pec Deck flys - start with the heaviest weight you can handle for 10 reps. That will be the first set. x 2 sets (rest 3 minutes between sets)

declines declines declines
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by ScotchGuard02 View Post

This sounds borderline crossfit...
    You are scaring me scotch...

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by m.hornbuckle View Post
    declines declines declines