Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Fiskevatten

Thread: Recommendations to fix Scapular winging?

Fiskevatten is offline Member

Recommendations to fix Scapular winging?

I have somehow managed to develop scapular winging.
    I guess I have always somewhat had it, but it much more prominent now.

When I relax with arms down, my shoulder kinda pulls back and "sag" down and thus creating a more prominent scalpular winging equal on both sides.
    I can try to adjust my posture so it looks better, which also show more muscles, but relaxing break it immediately.

Hope what I'm writing makes sense.

I've seen tons of youtube clips on this, some saying stretching, some says back exercises and the latest one told me to train serratus.
    I'm doing all of the above to no avail so far.
    Any advice would be very helpful!

NOTE: I recently got my pelvic tilt fixed with training and stretching, can that have been a contributor?

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    I have somehow managed to develop scapular winging.
    I guess I have always somewhat had it, but it much more prominent now.

When I relax with arms down, my shoulder kinda pulls back and "sag" down and thus creating a more prominent scalpular winging equal on both sides.
    I can try to adjust my posture so it looks better, which also show more muscles, but relaxing break it immediately.

Hope what I'm writing makes sense.

I've seen tons of youtube clips on this, some saying stretching, some says back exercises and the latest one told me to train serratus.
    I'm doing all of the above to no avail so far.
    Any advice would be very helpful!

NOTE: I recently got my pelvic tilt fixed with training and stretching, can that have been a contributor?
    I used to have this problem and actually can still pish mine out.
    A partially paralyzed serratus anterior is on way this happens.
    I work my back like a mofo but still have it. There is a surgey but posture helps. On this one I would ask a chiropractic surgeon etc.
    I badly need to do this.

Fiskevatten is offline Member
    Yeah, I guess I gotta head over there. I reccon myself to be strong in both back and shoulders for my size, so I have never thought having any issue.
    But it kinda "hide" some of my details and make the back uglier imo (already ugly but you get the point..)

The body sure love to surprise you!
    Stretching my quads fixed most of pelvic tilt and removed my protruding lower stomach, and my month long pain in lower back was fixed by
    massaging and training Glute medius a single day...
    Obs likes this.

Obs
    Obs is offline Changed Man
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiskevatten View Post
    Yeah, I guess I gotta head over there. I reccon myself to be strong in both back and shoulders for my size, so I have never thought having any issue.
    But it kinda "hide" some of my details and make the back uglier imo (already ugly but you get the point..)

The body sure love to surprise you!
    Stretching my quads fixed most of pelvic tilt and removed my protruding lower stomach, and my month long pain in lower back was fixed by
    massaging and training Glute medius a single day...
    I have a huge back and extremely thick front to back. It has helped mask it but the issue is still there.

I made a thread on this when I came here as a kid 12 years ago. The only soliutions I could find was posture or talking to a surgeon.

Thread Information