Sok123 is offline Junior Member

Angry How long can I take a break from working out for without losing muscle mass?

Hi. Some people says muscles starts to atrophy after day 3, other people says muscles will not start to trophy even after 2 weeks. So, who is right? Im training full body every other day - i mean one day full body workout, one day break........ But what if i want to get 3 days break? Will my muscles starts to atrophy after the 3th day? Or my muscles will lose only water and glycogen, in result they will look smaller, but the muscle mass will be the same and when i start train, after 5 mins, my muscles will be again bigger? Yes, when i train, my muscles are getting bigger due to the increased blood flow 😈

Answer me pls and sorry for bad English. If you cant understand me, i will explain more detailed. ✌✌✌

jackfrost88 is offline Associate Member
    3 days is nothing haha. Only thing your losing in 3 days is maybe some blood/pump and muscle swelling. In terms of "real" muscle size, you wont lose anything man

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    This is also very diet dependent......but u can easily take a week off and not lose muscle mass. Keep the diet clean and on point with macros and calories and you will be fine. I’ve seen more growth and strength from extended rest than training consistently....

Sok123 is offline Junior Member
    Well, thanks for the info

cousinmuscles is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Much longer. 2 weeks at least to notice the slightest change in how much rest you need between sets and 3+ to lose strength.
    https://exrx.net/Sports/ResidualTraining

You'll get much more sore when you come back after 2-3 weeks but you will retain your weight and strength.

I take a 2 week break every year just to let my body heal from all the little injuries. I come back just as strong and with better endurance.

EndlessApex is offline New Member
    I've found that gains I had for awhile are more loyal & less quick to atrophy than say a body part you've brought up only in the last few months.

Kay kay is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Depends on a lot of factors!
    Don’t lose motivation though and keep diet in check that will help big time! I remember kel kel stating that during his significant time off he kept most of his size and physique.

Thread Information