99JT is offline Member

Opinions on this routine

this is a routine my trainer put together for me. my goals are size and strength.
    Opinions on this routine-image.jpg

99JT is offline Member
    I like my trainer he's a really good person and obviously what he has done worked for him but I'ma starting to have my doubts. Can anyone recommend someone who can build a routine Base on where im at and my goals? I am willing to pay for it I just don't want to be scammed so I am looking for referrals not the first person to message me.

Littlearnie is offline Associate Member
    I read around here a lot but hardly comment! I’ve read all your posts I think, diet, wanna give up, training.

First thing the trainer. He might be a good guy but he isn’t the right guy for you!
    Is he even a pt or just a guy that looks good that you’ve got to pt. or a pure gym type pt?
    Either way I honestly didn’t think people train like that any more :/ .
    So you do 4 working sets, for squats say. you find a weight that you can do 12 reps, go up do 12 reps go up do 12 reps go up do 12 rep... wtf! This is how I started training when I first stepped in the gym and didn’t know what to do.

You say you’ve been eating and training the same for 3 years. Then I’d say what you eat and how you train equals the body you have.

You need to drastically change how you train. I’d say half the time and increase the Intensity, But we’re all different so you need to find how your body responds. (The time youve had pt and the way you eat Im guessing you have money, find a better trainer)

I do a 7 day split just because i work night shifts and it’s the only way I sleep and eat enough to change.
    If you can forget a 7 day week and do a a 5/6 day split.

Also the food. 6 months ago I was healtyish eating, but like you (it seems) 95% of my meals were out.
    Not only was it a lot of money but it just don’t compare to preparing your meals.
    I eat a lot of the same and a lot of bland food, but I make most imof it myself now.
    I normally still eat out once a day. Normally after training go for food. Chicken and rice like Nando’s normally lol, or a shush... plus gfc nuggets from Leon are a great snack!

Just my 2 cents I’ve wrote on the bus home lol. Go don’t give up. Imagine what we’d look like with no training!

99JT is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlearnie View Post
    I read around here a lot but hardly comment! I’ve read all your posts I think, diet, wanna give up, training.

First thing the trainer. He might be a good guy but he isn’t the right guy for you!
    Is he even a pt or just a guy that looks good that you’ve got to pt. or a pure gym type pt?
    Either way I honestly didn’t think people train like that any more :/ .
    So you do 4 working sets, for squats say. you find a weight that you can do 12 reps, go up do 12 reps go up do 12 reps go up do 12 rep... wtf! This is how I started training when I first stepped in the gym and didn’t know what to do.

You say you’ve been eating and training the same for 3 years. Then I’d say what you eat and how you train equals the body you have.

You need to drastically change how you train. I’d say half the time and increase the Intensity, But we’re all different so you need to find how your body responds. (The time youve had pt and the way you eat Im guessing you have money, find a better trainer)

I do a 7 day split just because i work night shifts and it’s the only way I sleep and eat enough to change.
    If you can forget a 7 day week and do a a 5/6 day split.

Also the food. 6 months ago I was healtyish eating, but like you (it seems) 95% of my meals were out.
    Not only was it a lot of money but it just don’t compare to preparing your meals.
    I eat a lot of the same and a lot of bland food, but I make most imof it myself now.
    I normally still eat out once a day. Normally after training go for food. Chicken and rice like Nando’s normally lol, or a shush... plus gfc nuggets from Leon are a great snack!

Just my 2 cents I’ve wrote on the bus home lol. Go don’t give up. Imagine what we’d look like with no training!
    My diet was horrible up until a couple months ago and I definitely have an issues with intensity it seems I am failing before the muscle I'ma working fails if that makes sense I'ma not sure if it's just a mental thing or not. As far as my trainer he's kinda a friend so he's a lot cheaper than anyone else and that's about all I can afford at the moment. I really just use him for motivation to help me through those tough times.

Thread Information