Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By redz

Thread: Fat free muscle mass, the cut

anoxicblaze is offline Associate Member

Fat free muscle mass, the cut

Hi. Potentially trick question here. So, having got a hi tech bodyscan at the hospital it turns out I have 223 pounds of muscle. This actually shocked me as I am not a bodybuilder, I just love to keep breaking my PB in strength lifting. The muscle just came as a result.

This left me with a question. Arnold in his prime had almost exactly the same amount of muscle, similar height. So...I’m assuming he had approximately 5% body fat. how much muscle should I expect to lose when I lose weight? As I said I’m not a bodybuilder so I am overweight and don’t look very good. I am 15% body fat everywhere apart from my belly which is a disturbing 49.5% (typical strongman issue).

If I get down to %10 body fat what percentage of muscle would you expect me to lose? I don’t want to get light and the only benefit being that I’m lighter. I don’t want to lose ANY muscle, if possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Is English your second language? Just curious because there is some odd grammar and the question is somewhat vague and missing information despite the run on sentences.

What are your full stats?

anoxicblaze is offline Associate Member
    Hi, the last paragraph went a little awol. Ha ha. Yeah, first language. I am a little drunk. Basically how much muscle will I lose if I go from 30 to 10% fat? Some claim it’s literally impossible to cut and keep muscle. Others disagree. When I get down to 10% how much of the 223lb muscle do you think I will have left? It’s new to me. Always just been a powerlifter with a belly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    There’s no exact formula I had huge success cutting bf this year without losing much size but it’s not easy I hit the gym 6 days a week 45 minutes elliptical plus 1 hour to 1 hour 15 weights. No drinking, smoking or drugs certainly helped. I only ran 250mg test but used other compounds like Tren ,deca , winny and surprisingly dbol . The diet is also a critical component to all of this. I didn’t lower carb or fat intake I actual increased fats but got them from healthier sources ie almond butter, natural peanut butter, nuts, alongside plenty of supplements. The more rigid you are the better the results I just stacked the cards to a degree I knew I had to get the results I wanted and never wavered in my dedication.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information