heytheresmoker is offline Junior Member

Is this a good machine??

i have decided to not get the bowflex after all the good info from the members...thankx..i have been looking around for a nice smith machine for my home...is this anygood its $250+50 for the bench???thankx to anyone who replies...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1046553788

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you considered joining a gym?

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    BUMP arthuer

yes i have thought about it but my work changes all the time i just want something in my house i like it better working out here

Shredz is offline Respected Member
    just think..what you may spend on a home gym...you could spend on a fitness membership...don't give me this I don't have time for a gym membership..because if you have time for a home work out you have time to hit the gym....

don't waste you money on a home gym...maybe a few weights but not a home gym.

you join a gym...and you have every machine you can think of and more...plus there you have some people that can give you some advice...tell you what you are doing right and wrong....but i must stress don't listen to everyone.. and you have to atmosphere

atmosphere will keep you going...honestly how long will it take for that fantastic weider home gym or the beautiful bowflex to be covered in dust..

don't waste you money..hit the gym...

Dr. Derek is offline Member
    In all my years of trianing I have only seen one person who consistantly used the bow flex, and he does not look anything like the guy in the TV commercials.

Buy a gym membership, World and Golds are universal you can often use your membership at any location.

Good luck

bex
    bex is offline Banned
    As arnold said there is 24 hours in a day.
    So i think there is anough time.Or maybe you are to lazy if so you will never get were you want to.

partyboynyc is offline Anabolic Member

have you thought about ebay?

onr of my boys bougth a smith machine off ebay for get this...........$75.swear to god.perfect condition.he set up his basment as a gym w/ mad equipment for a few grand.most from ebay and all in perfect shape.just a thought to save some loot

PaPaPumP is offline Retired Moderator
    Originally posted by Dr. Derek
    In all my years of trianing I have only seen one person who consistantly used the bow flex, and he does not look anything like the guy in the TV commercials.

Bro, join a gym. A good gym. When you see those guys comin in the gym 240+ at 5-10% you will have ALL the motivation you need.

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod

I have a challenge for you heytheresmoker

Heytheresmoker,
    I have a challenge for you. First off, I have never alocated that someone workout soley at home. It has been my experience in the past that many who try this almost allways end up neglecting or stoping their workout routines. A gym is the best mitivation possible for me as there are people there with similar interest and goals. There always seems to be to much going on at my house to distract me while workingout. I DO have weights at my house but they are primarily just to get in an extra set here and there, NOT to be used as my primary workout. ( Like right now, gotta go........Ok, I'm back!) I do however realize that is does not mean all people would respond diffrently to working out at home. So to keep things on track and keep your motivation up WE here at AR are going to act as your surragate gym. Please post your workout routine, how you did each week ect ect. AND most importantly the results that you are getting from your workouts. Let's try to make this fun, but try to stay on topic as well. Sound cool?? The resoning behind this is if you know that you are posting results, triumphs and failures it may give you the EXTRA motivation to push harder your next workout. Does that make sense? Tell me what you think about it. We'll try to keep this as in- personal as we can if you like or you can just PM me or another mod with anything specific that you do not want to post.
    Good luck bro!
    IC

yes that sounds good..im getting the machine wednesday so after i set it up i will start out and post every week on how im doing with my gains...i need a good routein(spelling).. thankx for your help...i dont like the gym cause around here there packed and u have to wait for the equiptment and i like working out at hose my boy comes over and i think its better that way...can someone make me a workout and what kinda sups should i get??thankx

stevie is offline Junior Member

I don't mean this in a bad way or anything

But you'll be much better off if you do some research, and make your own workout. Then come to us and post it, along with what supps you wanna use, and get the guys here at AR to comment and help you out. You'll learn so much more that way, and we'll know what kind of intensity you wanna get into, and what kind exercises you like, etc. It's hard for people to make a routine for you when they don't know you, or your goals. So whip something together, even if its a piece of crap like 5 sets pushups @ 10-12 reps (ok not THAT bad, but you know what i mean!) and I know you're gonna have a ton of ppl offering to help you out!

just my opinion

Thread Information