Britguy is offline Banned

Cool Problem chest, please give advice

been training about two years now and am happy with my development but for one thing- my right pec appears to be a smaller and a different shape to that of my left side, now i know a lot of people suffer this slightly but there is a real difference in my right side compared to my left and to be honest it makes me paranoid to take my top off in summer,
    I make sure i do plenty of dumbell work on my chest so that i should get equal symmetry. Is it because i have bad genetics and bad proportion or do any of you guys thinks its a training problem, i'd be really grateful for any feedback.

Yung Wun is offline Member
    i'd say its a combination of genetics and bad proportion. not everyone is symetrical, but if yours is really off i'd tip it to genetics.

trimunex is offline Senior Member
    Things like this usually come down to the individual. I'd push out just a couple more tough reps with that right pec by itself, it's possible that could jumpstart some extra growth. good luck with that Bro.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Train with dumbells for a while.

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    stick with db's for a while so your pecs work independantly, using the bb the bigger stronger pec will take over slightly and your problem will take longer to correct

eggplant is offline Member
    ye...i do haf the same prob as u do...my left is slightly larger than my right..db has been a main stay in my chest training..and form is most important imo to correct these imbalances...but i do haf a question for u experts out there..since i'm doin so much db 's for chest..does it hinder its full growth potential? Does the resuts frm bb presses differ that of db? i do lotsa inclines...but chest still looks small...i guess i need to hit more lower chest?

peace,
    eggplant

eggplant is offline Member
    here's my chest workout..pls critic..

sunday:incline db press 3sets 6-8 reps (45" incline)
    :incline db press 3sets 8-10 reps (lower incline)
    :incline db flys 3sets 8-10 reps (lower incline)
    :db pullovers 3sets 10-15 reps

wednesday:flat db press 3sets 6-8 reps
    :flat db flys/pec dec 3sets 8-10 reps
    :decline db press 3sets 8-12 reps

i split up my chest routine as u can all see here...i find that i'm able to focus more on the muscles if i do them at diff days..rather than goin heavy at one part and goin light at another..i can go heavy at both flat and incline using this split...wat do u guys think? do u think its too much training? pls critic bros!

peace,
    eggplant

Thread Information