Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By slfmade
  • 1 Post By slfmade

Thread: Looking for an old training video.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member

Looking for an old training video.

Sometime about 6-10 years ago there was a video or series of videos that was posted on here. At least I think it was posted here. If I remember correctly it was either Baseline or Sgt. Hartman...maybe Marcus. One of the guys that was promoting the benefits of a HIT workout back then. Anyway. this video or video series (I think I remember it being pretty extensive) talked a lot about dropsets, rest pause, negatives, etc. The guy doing the video I believe may have been either an circa 90's bodybuilder or trainer of a 90's body builder. He may or may not have had a mustache. I feel like I remember there being a lot of purple machines (not planet fitness purple - more eggplant purple).

Does anybody have any idea what I'm talking about? It's possible I've imagined the entire thing.

Nevermind. Found it! I didn't imagine it.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Sorry I just now saw this, slfmade. It must have have been the Dorian Yates Blood and Guts videos. Good stuff!
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

haha. You know, that's the first thing I thought too so I went and looked and that wasn't it. That's when I came here to ask. Eventually, I found it. It was Mike Mentzer's HIT training series.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by slfmade View Post
    haha. You know, that's the first thing I thought too so I went and looked and that wasn't it. That's when I came here to ask. Eventually, I found it. It was Mike Mentzer's HIT training series.
    Oh, snap. I forgot there were some of his online. I've got a few of Mentzer's book from back in the day. You probably already know it, but you can Google "Dante Trudel" or "Doggcrapp training" and get some good info there as well.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    Oh, snap. I forgot there were some of his online. I've got a few of Mentzer's book from back in the day. You probably already know it, but you can Google "Dante Trudel" or "Doggcrapp training" and get some good info there as well.
    I almost did Doggcrapp years ago, but I ended up going through a "phase" and followed Layne Nortons PHAT protocol. I had good results, but it was during my first or 2nd cycle. I think anything would've given good results at that point. I'll look into Doggcrapp again. I want to change things up and do something different on this next run. On the one hand I really want to bump up my intensity, but on the other, I think I'm finally gonna have my first run with tren and I don't know how I'm going to hold up to super high intensity training on tren. Probably need to have a back up training plan.
    almostgone likes this.

Thread Information