mfenske is offline Member

How often should I train forearms?

I am currently training forearms with back and biceps for 3 sets of wrist curls, 3 sets reversed wrist curls, and 3 sets where I take a dumbbell and just twist my wrists. If I add another day say shoulder/triceps day do you think I'll see any benefits? Thanks all, Mark

GetPsycho is offline Associate Member
    forearms get in-directly worked on every upper body day. i dont think anymore volume will do anything but intefere with your other lifts. once a week is sufficient in my opinion

mfenske is offline Member
    GetPsycho, thanks for the reply. BTW just read your post on bigger arms and I have to say I liked it. Thanks again, Mark

popa is offline Senior Member
    to build huge forearms you must grill them twice a week just like you would do on you calves, just cause you use them as a secondarry muscle on all your upper body training doesn't mean you can take it easy on them... once a week is not enough, twice is the key number, do that and you'll see your forearms explode in size. Train them like every other muscle group, hard and intence

dangit is offline Member
    I rarelly train forearms. I found that I get wicked forearms pumps by just doing chest with dumbels. I also do hammer curls when doing calves once or twice a week and I find that helps give me the extra little bit for my forearms. I've talked to a few guys with huge forearms and all they do is not use straps when doing back workouts and things like shrugs.

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by dangit
    I rarelly train forearms. I found that I get wicked forearms pumps by just doing chest with dumbels. I also do hammer curls when doing calves once or twice a week and I find that helps give me the extra little bit for my forearms. I've talked to a few guys with huge forearms and all they do is not use straps when doing back workouts and things like shrugs.
    You're lucky...... I wish it was that easy for me. I need to hit them 2x a week

Thread Information