AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Lightbulb Blast every muscle 1 or 2 times/week?

Hey I've been doing 4-6 rep range for about a month, eating like a mofo and trying to bulk. I gained about 4 pounds and I look better, but I just wanted to get your guys' opinion on if I should hit every muscle once or twice a week. I'm gonna start doing 12-15 reps to get more cuts now.

There's pros/cons to both... Once a week means I get to beat the shit out of the muscle and it gets longer to recover, but twice a week means more definition and don't you lose muscle after 72 hours of non-use? Here's my once-a-week right now.

1.Delts
    2.Back
    3.Chest
    4.Rest
    5.Legs
    6.Arms
    7.Rest

AndroholiK is offline Junior Member
    I'd say beat the living shit of out of 1 x a week and give it some good recovery. However if you plan to do 2 x a week with every muscle I would lower the volume and don't do the split over a month or so because you might, and I'm saying you might overtrain. However I'm not sure but that sounds reasonable to me.

AandF6969 is offline Made Up Of Wires

Talking

Bump?

clockworks is offline Anabolic Member
    when i first started, i was on a brutal 3 day split: 3 days, 3 days, rest. it shocked my body into growth. i seemed to gain weight >every< time i got on the scale. i did that for like 2 months, then moved to a 7 day split (one body part per day) for like 10 months. i personally like the 7 day split cuz its easier... but now i'm back on a 4 day split...been doing it for 1 month now, and honestly, i'm beginning to feel very taxed...=/

-- clocky baby

TheMudMan is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer
    I hit them every 5 days with a 3 day on 1 day off. Works for me.

99si is offline Junior Member
    wtf is twice a week = more definition.. whats wrong with you?

dude, you can train your muscles 10 times per week, just as long as it works for you. You should be getting stronger every workout. if not then there is something wrong.

TheNewSteel is offline New Member
    I am training twice a week working each muscle every week and a half, works great for me, thinking about trying working out each muscle once every two weeks and further dividing my body up, so i can hit certain areas harder before i am exhausted.
    The in 72 hours your muscle will shrink thing is nothing more than a gym myth, I've been as much as 3 weeks inbetween a GOOD work out and have been fine. When I do a good work out I'm sore more than 72 hours after working out, lol, so it would be plain retarded to work out again because somebody says they will shrink if i don't in 72 hours.

bermich is offline Anabolic Member
    Seems like a good method. I hope this gets bumped in two months with your opinion of your results.
    Although, I do like and always have liked 3 on 1 off. Gives the muscles 3 days to recover. There are the exceptions of SHOCK workout which leaves you sore for a week.

arthurb999 is offline Anabolic Member
    Once a week... pick one bodypart a day and destroy it. That has worked for me.

Thread Information